Nevada Updates

Speedbrake

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I no this sounds Dumb, but what is Navada?

Any links to it, on what its all about?

Regards

Engage

Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30GHz Overclock 4.20GHz

MSI P67A-GD65 Intel P67 (socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard

Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 PC3-16000C9 2133MHz

Corsair Hydro H70 High-Performance CPU WaterCooler

XFX:ATI Radeon 6970 2048MB GDDR5 Graphics Card ATI

Trackir 5.....Hotas Warthog

Regards

Engage:thumbup:

Hi mate,

its a new world that was available during the betas but was withdrawn due to it bieng unfinished IIRC. It encompasses Nellis Airbase and area 51:alien:

LuckyBob is the creator I believe and will be worth the wait;)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Luckybob is one of the creators. Not "the" creator. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I don't agree....for one Nellis is home to the A-10 weapons school, red flag and many other training...

...and unlike Davis Monthan, Nellis is much more generalizeable to future modules. Even F/A-18's could call this home for red flag excercises.

I live in Nevada, not far from Nellis actually. North Vegas. I can't wait to see the detail they put into Nellis. Maybe I can bomb my house when its done?

Give me the coordinates when it's done and I'll help :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nevada started off as 3rd party project that was absorbed by ED in order to quickly turn around a new terrain for warthog. Of course that didn't quite work out as a quick project, and is now something much larger.

On the plus side it will help ED with producing new high quality terrain in the future, as the new technology is being pioneered now.

Nate

QQ

Its just a map. I think alot of people want someplace where an actual war could occur, but that won't mean there is no value in making a Nevada map. I'm just happy its something different and not an expansion of a tried and battled terrain of the Black Sea region.

Besides. Red Dawn > Red Flag.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Nevada started off as 3rd party project that was absorbed by ED in order to quickly turn around a new terrain for warthog. Of course that didn't quite work out as a quick project, and is now something much larger.

On the plus side it will help ED with producing new high quality terrain in the future, as the new technology is being pioneered now.

Nate

Ahh... so they are developing new tools to work on terrain and objects? That would explain the delay... and is welcome news!

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

QQ

Its just a map. I think alot of people want someplace where an actual war could occur, but that won't mean there is no value in making a Nevada map. I'm just happy its something different and not an expansion of a tried and battled terrain of the Black Sea region.

Besides. Red Dawn > Red Flag.

Red Dawn? More like Red Yawn. Gimme Iraq.

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

QQ

Its just a map. I think a lot of people want some place where an actual war could occur, but that won't mean there is no value in making a Nevada map. I'm just happy its something different and not an expansion of a tried and battled terrain of the Black Sea region.

Exactly...and is it really that hard to just pretend its Afghanistan or some Iraqi Desert in 1991 / 2003? That's my plan anyway...

I guess if you actually fly over the terrain in real life, then you might find it boring lol, but you wont get many sympathisers saying things like that on a forum for a flight simulator :megalol:

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

Nate pretty summed up the Nevada terrains history in a nutshell.

It is progressing nicely with the typical love/ hate relationship that occurs when developing anything. More so love in this case. Did that answer anything for you? :)

• Like 1

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

luckybob9 thanks, I just wanted to see that work was on-going. As for those who wanted "other worldly terrains" with a little imagination Nevada will allow desert combat. You can create live-fire training missions just as real as bad guys around the world shooting at you.

So, what would the point be, in this new terrain?, if you cant fight the enemy, whats left to do? fly from base to base and pratice landings lol

Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30GHz Overclock 4.20GHz

MSI P67A-GD65 Intel P67 (socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard

Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 PC3-16000C9 2133MHz

Corsair Hydro H70 High-Performance CPU WaterCooler

XFX:ATI Radeon 6970 2048MB GDDR5 Graphics Card ATI

Trackir 5.....Hotas Warthog

Regards

Engage:thumbup:

• ED Team
So, what would the point be, in this new terrain?, if you cant fight the enemy, whats left to do? fly from base to base and pratice landings lol

This map initially started as a 3rd party effort that we hoped to include in A-10C as the location for all training missions. However, due to a number of reasons, that effort stalled and eventually our Minsk team had to take over the project in order for it to get it done (luckybob is still involved and assisting), with a high level of quality, and using the updated terrain/DX11 engine (such as use of clip maps).

When released, we see the map as the center for US aircraft training missions, as well as Red Flag and Green Flag missions. We think it would be fun/interesting to first learn the aircraft in the US and conduct exercises before taking on true combat missions in the Black Sea map.

... and using the updated terrain/DX11 engine (such as use of clip maps)......

OMG !!!!

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit