"In The Weeds" Mission (offline)

ErichVon

Hi,

Using Mavericks, how do I target the S-11 SAMS? Using the Maverick video screen in MFCD, I cannot seem to find them to target them. I have played around with this mission 20 or more times, I know more or less where 2 sites are. I know where the initaial targets are at the waypoints. I thought 20,000 feet above them would be sufficient to target them, without SAMS coming at me. But I was 20K feet altitude above sea level, not above them which may be much less.

How do I change my waypoint so when I make the MAV' MFCD SOI when I slave the wagon wheel it will more or less at least get close so I can slew around to target it, LOL---them? My main concern is their central area radar. I am assuming once I kill their mobile radar unit 1st, that will put the SAM units blind. ASS_U_ME, yeah, I know the phrase.

How do I configure GPS or military coordinates to target SAM sites or is this specific to the bombs?

I wish I could purchase the training manual as a spiral bound book as Black Shark has. For me, a book is much easier to absorb, search and reference. I am struggling through the 700 page manual. I want answers, NOW. And I realize this now thing is going to take awhile.

The 3, YouTube movies from the 74th concerning Mavericks was much appreciated by me.

The problem I have found just using one weapons system is the necessity to understand several control inputs from the various tools such as MFCD, Navigation, CDU, HUD, etc. And not easily learned in one sitting or even several.

So, my current situation is being concerned with just one task I want to achieve, specific to one mission.

Thanks for any help and insights.

Erich

:pilotfly:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the mission where the idea is that you should stay low, in the valleys, and engage the enemies in such a way that the SAM sites cannot touch you?

There's a LOT of SAM assets of varying type out there. It'll take a LOT of work for you to kill them all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the mission where the idea is that you should stay low, in the valleys, and engage the enemies in such a way that the SAM sites cannot touch you?

There's a LOT of SAM assets of varying type out there. It'll take a LOT of work for you to kill them all.

YEP!

But that is not what I want to accomplish.

Yes, M_A_N_Y !!!

LOL!

I play in not GAME mode, though I do use some shortcuts in SIM mode. I cannot seem to figure out Kon's .map for CH gear, to work in GAME mode and his intention was SIM mode. So, I have to find the targets without the very useful icon shortcuts. Maybe some of the other "cheat" check-off boxes in SIM mode will give me this feature.

Nice thing about this particular sim is, off line it is not dynamic. Eventually after trial and error I will find the targets and will learn what I want to know.

It would be nice if AI actually had variables and "intelligence" to not always be in a pre-programmed state and keep the intruder (me) in a high state of anxiety as to rapidly changing conditions.

But this game / sim is FUN!

Thank you for replying.

Erich

Edited by ErichVon

There are a number of ways to create a mark point on the ground co-located with a mission waypoint, but the easiest I've learned here is:

re-enter a latitude or longitude or MGRS coordinate then coordinate ranging (CR) will snap the waypoint down to the DTSAS surface elevation. You might also make an offset mark point from HUD SOI at the steerpoint and that mark will be on the DTSAS surface.

Edited by Zenra

Zenra

Intel i7 930 2.8GHz; ATI HD5850 1GB; 1TB Serial ATA-II; 12GB DDR3-1333; 24 x DL DVD+/-RW Drive; 800W PSU; Win7-64; TM Warthog HOTAS

Ah, I see what you're doing - done the same with another tester on that in multi. :D

What I would suggest is to scout them from afar with TGP, set them as SPI and then create markpoints on the radars. (TMS Right) Then you can perform perform popup attacks and as soon as you have a launch dive back into cover. (Select Mark mode on UFC, select Maverick, China Forward Long, then TMS forward short to track.)

Make sure to keep your speed up and perform each popup attack very very fast. If you fumble on a button, abort and re-attack. You won't have time to fiddle with it. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

There are a number of ways to create a mark point on the ground co-located with a mission waypoint, but the easiest I've learned here is:

Hi,

Thank You.

At least now I have some terms to specifically look up and work on.

Erich

Ah, I see what you're doing - done the same with another tester on that in multi. :D

What I would suggest is to scout them from afar with TGP, set them as SPI and then create markpoints on the radars. (TMS Right) Then you can perform perform popup attacks and as soon as you have a launch dive back into cover. (Select Mark mode on UFC, select Maverick, China Forward Long, then TMS forward short to track.)

Make sure to keep your speed up and perform each popup attack very very fast. If you fumble on a button, abort and re-attack. You won't have time to fiddle with it. :P

Hi,

And DITTO also: Thank you.

Now I can fine tune.

Fumble---Yeah, what you said. I get a kick switching to SAM view and see how the AI rocket functions. It will actually chase me until it runs out of inertia or kill me.

Erich

Edited by ErichVon