Take On Helicopter - New game by Bohemia Interactive

Eight Ball

maybe there using the outerra engine.

It would be awesome:pilotfly:

No, BIS has it's own engine The game wil use something based on the real virtuality engine developed for moren than 10 Years now. The fact that physics are taken out in favor for large Battlefields in ArmA does niot mean the engien can't do it...and terrain in RV looks better and more lifelike as in Outerra.

However..The first DLC for the game will be about Zombies anyway... :D

"http://www.youtube.com/embed/sPcvFOE4OeE"

Edited by Beagle One

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, that is one of the better gaming related April fools day jokes I've seen thus far.

As for fidelity, I think the aircraft in ARMA are made more for the keyboard and mouse players than for those of us with joysticks. The more advanced the flight model and avionics the more difficult it would be for a keyboard/mouse to operate the thing. I kinda hope the additions to the flight model and larger terrain eventually find their way back into arma.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Some details posted by Dwarden (BI dev) few days ago :

Take on Helicopters is the brand new helicopter game from Bohemia Interactive.

Set above beautifully rich landscapes, it challenges players to master an authentic flight model, immersing the player in the role of a civilian helicopter pilot.

Take your first steps towards mastering rotor-wing flight across a massive range of enjoyable challenges, or create your own missions using the powerful easy-to-use mission editor.

Taketo the air above two beautifully rich and expansive environments, based upon real-world North American and South Asian terrain-data.

Takeon cutting-edge technology, helicopters modelled in stunning detail, a large-scale, open-world sandbox and authentic flight dynamics...

Take On Helicopters!

Storyline:

Harry Larkin's aviation business has fallen on tough times. Built up over decades, it's now only days away from closure.

His sons face an uncertain future, struggling to save the company their father spent his whole life building.

Together, they must take on contracts and competitors; together, they take on helicopters!

Key features:

• Total Helicopter Experience - Both in the air & on the ground.
  • Authentic Flight Model - Incredibly realistic piloting experience.
  • Expansive Rich Environments - Two enormous terrains based upon real-world North American and South Asian data.
  • Range of Modern Helicopters - A variety of light, medium & heavy airframes & cockpits modelled with stunning detail.
  • Sandbox Single-Player Campaign - Offering a huge range of engaging helicopter gameplay.
  • Multiplayer Gameplay - Both cooperative & competitive scenarios available over LAN or internet; sling-load & winching physics.
  • Powerful Mission Editor - Design & create countless customisable scenarios using the intuitive & easy-to-use mission editor.
  • Detailed Weather Simulation - Dynamic time & weather affects flight model.
  • Completely extensible & moddable - Bring your own creations to life with advanced free-to-use tools.
  • Damage & Resource management - Accurate fuel & electrics simulation.
  • Detailed tutorials & carefully designed gameplay - Caters for new players & enthusiasts alike.

Official websites:

Social:

Release coverage:

1st exclusive interview:

More media coverage: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=116870

our designers are “encouraged” to ensure that playing with the mouse and keyboard is just as satisfying as it is with a fully-blown flight control set up.

:doh: What kind of a person plays a HELICOPTER game with a keyboard?? Emo? Cos that's like "parking your car in certain neighborhoods in the Bronx... you just don't do it."

Edited by PlainSight
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

:doh: What kind of a person plays a HELICOPTER game with a keyboard?? Emo? Cos that's like "parking your car in certain neighborhoods in the Bronx... you just don't do it."

Of course it isn't ideal, but I don't see anything wrong with being accessible and encouraging new players, if they don't have the hardware yet.

I'm very interested in this. If they capture the feeling of flight well, could be a lovely relaxing game, I feel.

our designers are “encouraged” to ensure that playing with the mouse and keyboard is just as satisfying as it is with a fully-blown flight control set up.

I hope this is meant to be as a scaleable flight model similar to DCS otherwise this can get terribly wrong and we end up with sim copter 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Of course it isn't ideal, but I don't see anything wrong with being accessible and encouraging new players, if they don't have the hardware yet.

That's true, i played janes WWII fighters on a keyboard, loved it and got my first hotas set, TMs afterburner II. Been into it ever since :) I still use the throttle unit, despite being 11 (i think) years old.

But a helicopter game? I hope it doesn't take away too much dev time...

Edited by PlainSight
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I played DCS with keyboard and it was actually quite easy. It basically trims every time you press an arrow key. One arrow click up would pitch the nose down and hold it. Of course you need to keep the control view window open to know where your trim is at.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

[YOUTUBE]

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

[/YOUTUBE]

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

[YOUTUBE]

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

[/YOUTUBE]

I would probably get that DLC if they made it! :joystick:

I played DCS with keyboard and it was actually quite easy. It basically trims every time you press an arrow key. One arrow click up would pitch the nose down and hold it. Of course you need to keep the control view window open to know where your trim is at.

Thats really awesome I guess your fingers hurt after 10 mins :P Iguess it´s not even fun at all. When I remember correctly The lowest price for a hotas is around 50 EUR.

No offense just curious.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thats what I mean. It was not too bad. I was not really playing for any purpose except testing a mission I was making while my Hotas was not plugged in. It was not that easy to do good maneuvering but for point to point flight it was not too bad. I mean DCS BS not A10. Not sure how that would work with keyboard.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

:thumbup: guess who is watching :music_whistling:

Seriously ? Shouldn't you be drinking beer and fixing bugs ? :D

Also there are 2 bonus videos :

"We'd suggest looking a little more closely at the Twitter (edit : and facebook) Icons in our announce Trailer http://bit.ly/egiOSw

Hmm, just reading about this game, sounds like it has awesome potential but whenever I see the messed up 3D helicopter models I think its gonna be too arcade :(

The MD500 sound is fine, not a notar but the model is way wrong. Has tail fins like a BK117 mounted in the same place as an AS350/355 Ecuriel.

i5 4690K, GTX1070, 24GB 1800mhz, HP WMR, Custom FFB helicopter controls.

I have been playing BIS games for over a decade now and they are great

These guys know their stuff , arma2 unlike so many other games

actually supports multi core PC's for better performance and the community

is well supported by the BIS forums (hardly any posts dissappear from there)

There has been a lack of decent helicopter sims as of late (excluding the awesome DCS BS of course)

I have been playing BIS games for over a decade now and they are great

These guys know their stuff , arma2 unlike so many other games

actually supports multi core PC's for better performance and the community

is well supported by the BIS forums (hardly any posts dissappear from there)

There has been a lack of decent helicopter sims as of late (excluding the awesome DCS BS of course)

Well, addons made by the community make arma great, not arma itself imho.

And the BIS forums? I got a 3 month ban because I said a torrent would be a faster way to download arrowhead than I was getting from sprocket. The ban is over now but my account is still "half" disabled until I show them my receipt +cd-key from sprocket. Your avatar summarizes my response to them quite well :D

Edited by mikey

I've got 99 problems but my Ekran ain't one