How To Add Youtube Videos To The Forums.

AustinN360

Hi Guys.

Here is a little tutorial in how to add YouTube Videos in your posts:

First you go to the video that you want to add to a post. For me as a test video I would add a tilt test.

Edit:- If the Following procedure does not work then please try the procedure at the bottom of this post. Thank you to Bucic for pointing it out!

YoutubeEDTutorial1.jpg

Second single click the code next to where it says "Embed". Right click and select copy:

YoutubeEDTutorial.jpg

Come back over to ED Forums start a new post and paste the code that you copied from youtube and paste it into your post like so:

YoutubeEDTutorial3.jpg

Select the whole code:

YoutubeEDTutorial4.jpg

Then click the youtube icon so it turns out like this:

YoutubeEDTutorial5.jpg

Click "Submit New Thread" as you would normally do if you post anything and hey presto you should have a working video!

edforums_postingyoutube_bucic.png

Edited by AustinN360

• 4 weeks later...

thank you that worked.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

no, I only see white spots where the videos should be

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Have you tried with the url only?

As follows:

Now just take the part after v=

erOXE_L5amc

And put that part into

youtube]erOXE_L5amc[/youtube

Close the brackets as above and you'll get:

erOXE_L5amc :

Go-On: Admit it........... Couldn't resist the Boom-Shaka now could you :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Embedding works for me.

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

And I can play it fine on all my browsers. WTH?!

Pasting a short link worked but I will be unable to post playlist etc. Can anyone inspect my post with the white rectangle? (use the quote button to preview my embed code)

Edited by Bucic

There is something wrong with your embedding. I think it didn't work because you had chosen somehow "full Screen", Look here:

• Like 1
Spoiler

There is something wrong with your embedding. I think it didn't work because you had chosen somehow "full Screen"

I don't get it, sorry :/ Just tell me what to different and how to make my vids playable here, if you know it.

Besides I got white boxes with the short link too - there was no place for "choosing fullscreen" there. Correction: such embeding does work for me.

Edited by Bucic

I just went to the Youtube page of your videos:

then chose "<Embed>"

Then copied the text that appeared:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

and paste it between the "[Youtube](paste here text)[Youtube]" that appear when you press youtube in the message box.

I noticed that in the links that you provided didn't had 640 X 385, but a bigger size, and I guess this is the problem.

Spoiler

Differences highlighted:

mine:

en_GB&fs=1?rel=0&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
en_GB&fs=1?rel=0&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

yours:

de_DE&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
de_DE&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

But it is still not a solution to me :/

I will have to cut the weird parts out every time I post a vid. I think - screw this! I will use short links and I will fiddle with embed coede only when I'll have some playlist to post.

Thanks for your help asparagin!

that part in blue doesn't play any role, it is just the language of the youtube page, I had DE (germany) because it directed me automatically but changing the language of the youtube page changes also the parts in the link.

?rel=0&hd=1

this you get out by unchecking "play in HD"..(option when you press <Embed>)

this is the trouble you have..:thumbup:

I tried also and when this is checked I get also the white spot.

Spoiler

I don't see any "play in HD" option to uncheck.

EDIT:

Aah, see, there's no such option in the Pencil Face video to be unchecked and also in other vids I posted and yet they turn blank

So it's not simply a matter of unchecking the HD option as most of vids I posted are non-HD.

Edited by Bucic

But you have "?rel=0&hd=1" this part in the embedment you posted up. If you take this out, then the video is not white anymore. And this part comes from activation of HD (hd=1).

What do you get from the last video you posted? I get:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Spoiler

hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

See?! The HD option is not available for that vid and yet I get the hd=1 element in the code.

indeed.. it means it's the fault of youtube

now I think it's the fault of: "?rel=0&amp"

can you try this: check or uncheck the "Include related videos" in the embed options and see if you get different codes and if one of them works.

If it's not working, I'm out of ideas..

Edited by asparagin
Spoiler

I've just noticed that this only works via firefox, through IE8, no luck...

Anyhow enjoy Different Drums :D

Edited by TheMoose

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

• 1 month later...

i think i got it works with FF at least look , take theMoose video embbed :

&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

now take your vid link here's mine :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnqtK24ydak

now replace the Moose embedded video links (blue) by yours , should be like that :

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnqtK24ydak&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnqtK24ydak&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

now replace

the watch?v= by v/ , select the whole embedded and click Youtube tag , and you should have

works here hope for you too