Glad i picked up the Gazelle on Sale!

DeTesla

Because oh boy that FM..

Ive heard stories, but i never believed, much because of the Huey and MI-8, even though its from a different developer, but now i believe.

No way i'd pick this up at full price. I would be quite furious if i did and found out the FM is as stiff as BF2..

Norwegian Rotorhead w\ All Helicopters

Watercooled AMD FX-8350 | Geforce 1060 6GB | 16 GiG DDR3 | Warthog Everything w/ pendulum pedals | Rift VR

Watercooled AMD Ryzen 9500X | RTX 3080 12GB | 64 GB DDR4 3600mhz | Warthog Everything w/Pendulum Pedals | Rift VR (CV1)

I think that FM is excellent. What is not excellent is control deflection on cyclic. It is way too tight, and it has precession delay, that IMHO, is a bit long. Basically you have to think 1/2-3/4 of second ahead of the helicopter. Any cyclic deflection registers slightly later. That leads to over-control, and under-control at times. I am practicing. Collective has slightly longer delay that IMHO, is due to simulation of engine power. The commanded power comes after slight delay of 1/2 to 3/4 of a second, which appear somewhat longer in flight.

With both cyclic and collective , you have think in terms of applied pressure, rather actual deflection. It is that tight on cyclic, and it may not even register on control diagram by pitch/roll diamond.

Anti-torque, on other hand has very precise and very sharp response. Which can get confusing, as changing collective and/or cyclic requires simultaneous change in anti-torque rotor pedal deflection. Becouse anti-torque is much more sensitive and responsive, its effect becomes pronounced before cyclic and collective (power) response takes effect. So it is difficult to coordinate everything.

Unless you are taking off into strong wind, cyclic should be neutral or near neutral (pressure not deflection) and collective rise should be slow and smooth. The helicopter will almost always takeoff on a slight forward flight. Cyclic trim is dangerous in this module. For now I a staying away from using magnet brake trim.

Sideslip indicator. Seriously ! String tied to a small antenna-like appendage ! A critical instrument for judging relative wind and it is a silly string on a stick! Issue with that is that it is not simulated at same FPS as rest of the helicopter. It looks like it is a non-realtime cloth simulation preview from Maya nCloth, or Houdini ClothDOP, or whatever cloth sim engine that 3DS MAX uses. It appears slow and has delay on it. My rig runs 72-96 FPS with Gzl. Silly string needs to be simmed at at least 48FPS.

Because oh boy that FM..

Ive heard stories, but i never believed, much because of the Huey and MI-8, even though its from a different developer, but now i believe.

No way i'd pick this up at full price. I would be quite furious if i did and found out the FM is as stiff as BF2..

So what exactly are the issues your encountering?

What controls are you using?

I'm not a pilot but for me the Gaz flies pretty well for me although I do break one now and again,.. :megalol: :D

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Its a dogpile! WOOO!

I dunno, I think the FM is very different than the other helicopters, but having never flown a gazelle or any other helo beats me which one is right. And they say they will improve it, so. Other than that the module seems to work well.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Because oh boy that FM..

You couldn't find a better way to get started on these forums :doh:

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Because oh boy that FM..

The FM is not perfect, but bringing this machine into combat is something quite special.

really special!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Let the module mature dip stick!

The C101 module took along time to become what it is now. Fellas like you disrespected the C101 from the get go.... but with time the DEVS achieved a whole lot of love into that module and they are starting to get it smack on!

Their love of the C101 will not end!

Give these guys a chance Dip stick!

Bringing a light weight chopper into combat is a whole new level of hurt.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Hm ... I personally would rather have my money back ..

Wait till you either learn to fly it or you get decent controls this is one aircraft that a twist action joystick wont work well with. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.