A-6E 2019 thread and video

Devil 505

Hey Gents,

Now I know Heatblur does not have the license for the A-6E YET. but I thought I would start the 2019 hype train with this video. Roughly 20 minutes of interviews and awesome footage of the A-6E with the pilots. It has a TON of good info and outstanding commentary by the guys who loved to fly it. Really enjoyed the part about Marine JTAC. I work with the Marines now and still to this day, their pilots are on the ground on deployment running JTAC if they are not flying. Check this video out and lets hope this becomes a reality for DCS from Heatblur. I would almost say I am looking forward to this more than the F-14, but the Tomcat is still number 1.

Brings back memories....

A long time ago, almost a lifetime away...

God this bird brings back memories... I was attached to VA-52 (Knightriders) and VA-196 (Main Battery/Milestones) in the 90s as an Aviation Ordnanceman. During my time (5 years for sea duty), I can clearly remember loading this aircraft to the gills quite a few times during Operation Southern Watch.

Honestly, aside from the technology barrier, this was one of the U.S. Navy's best medium attack aircraft ever. She's also a bit ugly on the ground, but she was beautiful to watch flying overhead.

Heatblur, please do this aircraft next... I know it's not becoming of a veteran to beg, but... well, you get the idea.

years ago, I had the pleasure of working with a former A-6 pilot, (after his retirement from the military, and into the commercial life). Awesome dude.

OP - thank you for posting the video.

For HB, you need to make a virtual "Schlitz Beer"! :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Maybe the AI A-6 BN could be...

TIGER

Only if Willem Dafoe is doing the voice acting....:lol:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

What's that thing at minute 7:33? Some kind of land based catapult? Never seen anything like that before.

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR