New Helmet & JHMCS model for the F/A-18c

Falkaroth

attachment.php?attachmentid=224190&stc=1&d=1577897743Once again.

attachment.php?attachmentid=224189&d=1577897678

The jhmcs and helmet should be revised.

I open that thread because I mean the helmet & jhmcs model looks really bad in DCS.

Proportional it does not look good & details are missing. That for 79,99 $ ?.

Will a second F/A-18c be developed in the future ? no, I do not think so

My wish and maybe for others ! redesigned it.

Give the little man more love pls .

Thanks.

I am happy about ideas and suggestions for improvement.

meh.thumb.jpg.1b6e6fb92834faf2d97e08e6a527aef2.jpg

flat.thumb.JPG.575c401f3a3e896bf333abf3c2e1f738.JPG

Edited by Falkaroth

i9-11900K, alle Kerne 5100 MHz  –  Asus ROG Maximus XIII Extreme – 64 GB DDR4 3733 MHz Cl17 – NVIDIA Rtx Asus Strix Oc 2080 super (4090 später 🕹️) – Hotas Warthog mit Drossel – Vpc Mongoos T50CM2 & Vpc 200 mm Verlängerung – Vpc ACE Sammlung Pedale -Trackir5

I open that thread because I mean the helmet & jhmcs model :blink: looks really bad in DCS.

Proportional it does not look good & details are missing. That for 79,99 $ ?.

Will a second F/A-18c be developed in the future ? no, I do not think so

My wish and maybe for others ! redesigned it.

Give the little man more love pls :thumbup:.

Thanks.

I am happy about ideas and suggestions for improvement.

The Hornet is still a WIP Alpha Stage ( ED made no secret of this) , and not a fully finished release product.

File a bug report in the appropriate section, instead of making it a wishlist section, so this actually goes over to the team . :doh:

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

There are a few posts about the incorrect helmet and I have made some comments as well. What we currently have is not the standard issue US Navy/USMC helmet. I found a photo real quick and attached it below...

Yes, it's early access but nonetheless, it's wrong and needs to be fixed. The whole pilot model in general needs improvement when compared to what we have seen with Heatblur and the Tomcat.

Hopefully we get a more accurate representation of a naval aviator with proper helmet soon.

VMFA-232.jpg.5b26dd7d9e495ad72055236fbcf13fb7.jpg

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

You guys spend too much time looking at yourselves :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

You guys spend too much time looking at yourselves :)

+1

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Its is not a BUG. The fact is that it does not fit. It looks not good.

And yes we are in the EA with the 18.

If nobody says anything, nothing changes.

Incorrect 3d modelling should be reported in the Bug section, not made a wishlist item, because its inaccurate feature to the real thing. Its not asking for a New aircraft, or additional modifications/ features to the Hornet or newer Versions of aforementioned aircraft to the currently existing one. Thats what the Wishlist section is really for.

For Eg when the Sabrejet was released people reported the windshield was improperly modeled in the Bug report section The developers read it, and eventually change was implemented.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=161774

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

• 2 weeks later...
The orange dimensions are based on direct front and side view images of the HGU-55/P found on the Gentex website.

You need to rotate the orange side view anti-clockwise, then it wouldn't be so far out.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

And you need to stop moderating from the cheap seats.

Don't shoot the messenger, im giving out advice on how to actually get this noticed to the parties it will actually concern to fix this, not moderating. But whatever your loss.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

I think ED is aware, especially since you contacted the moderators.

Now that laser scanning is becoming a thing now, while older ED modules are receiving a complete overhaul in terms of graphics, I'm confident we'll see changes in the future.

But that will probably take still a while since the model is incorrect by very small inches and this is only a minor bug.

I'd be interested to know why you think ED weren't already going to remedy this? I can understand why you feel it is needed, it is, absolutely. But to question the value of a purchase that as has already been stated is a pre-release version - that's unreasonable.

In a word, we agree, but keep your JHCMS helmet on guys!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i hope they fix this... it is practically impossible to make a skin with this helmet and its template, only has a part and its a mirror... seeing the current quality standard that has raised heatblur with his tomcat I hope ED improves the 3D model of the helmet for more detail and a template that offers more possibilities to create nice skins...

Sin-ttulo-3-zpskg9bm6js.png

Yes exactly

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

• 2 weeks later...
I wish they would also have an option to fly without the JHMCS helmet model, it looks very out of place when flying planes with liveries from the 90s and earlier.

ED denied this when asking this a few months ago.

I believe, the JHMCS model is based on the old HGU-55 model, which already has slightly different shapes/dimensions compared to the real helmet, in my opinion.

However, bug reports regarding wrong helmet dimensions are taken very harsh by some parts of the community.

In another wish list post Wags indicated that they will be implementing a salute for the F-18 on the carrier. Hopefully that will require a new pilot model and carry a new helmet as well...one can only hope:D

Link: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3860258&postcount=11

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

In another wish list post Wags indicated that they will be implementing a salute for the F-18 on the carrier. Hopefully that will require a new pilot model and carry a new helmet as well...one can only hope:D

Link: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3860258&postcount=11

Skeletal Animations are part of most of the newer crew models already, so likely not.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Skeletal Animations are part of most of the newer crew models already, so likely not.

Thanks for the info...that is disappointing

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet