Can't join multiplayer 2.5 stuck in loading or lobby or black cockpit

Jaakov

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea what made my DCS get back to working condition, the only thing different that I did was to change my HD. (Love it when a 15 month old HD malfunctions, and falls just a few months away from warranty).

Another thing that I did, was to change on Windows Firewall all DCS entries to

Control Panel -> Windows Defender Firewall -> Advanced Settings -> Inbound Rules -> Double click on all DCS entries. Then select ADVANCED

Check all boxes on the subsection "PROFILES"(I think this one isn't needed but regardless...)

Then at EDGE TRAVERSAL subsection(Still on the Advanced tab)

Select "Defer to User".

• 4 weeks later...

Control Panel -> Windows Defender Firewall -> Advanced Settings -> Inbound Rules -> Double click on all DCS entries. Then select ADVANCED

Check all boxes on the subsection "PROFILES"(I think this one isn't needed but regardless...)

Then at EDGE TRAVERSAL subsection(Still on the Advanced tab)

Select "Defer to User".

Gave it a try and it doesn't work for me. Most settings were already the same. I can only join my own server or very simple with some amount of players or empty simple missions. Something bigger than that and memory of 16g is not enough. Games hangs on loading or after I join and experience what most of us do. Super :thumbup:

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

..., the only thing different that I did was to change my HD.

You mean HDD, right?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 2 months later...

what a mess with this game .....cant join any server after laoding a map it tries to connect but.....after 5min? timeout ! never happened before. :-(

Edited by kubanloewe

WIN 10; i9-9900K@4,8GHz; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus;32GB Corsair DDR4 3600MHz; 2TB Samsung SSD; GeForce GTX1080 8GB Seahawk; 34" AW3418DW; MS FFB2 Stick

Weird. What internet provider?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

? Internet provider hasnt changed and ALL online games run fine as every day. it wont connect....always timeout. which is the repair command ? or is there a .exe ?

WIN 10; i9-9900K@4,8GHz; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus;32GB Corsair DDR4 3600MHz; 2TB Samsung SSD; GeForce GTX1080 8GB Seahawk; 34" AW3418DW; MS FFB2 Stick

ok, thx it helped perhaps to join some of the servers.....but most servers which were my favourites a few months ago i get "timeout" !

Loading time has doubled or trippled since i played this game a few months ago !!

But when i´m on a server ALL my planes (Mig21,Mirage,F5,MI8) run very well and smooth on highest settings as ever !

BUT not the F14 ! It stutters every few seconds even after half an hour flight sometimes 1-5seconds long ! Definately NOT the graphics it must have something behind procedures like jester !?

ok, i cant get in a SSD so i buy a faster USB stick (HyperX Savage)....will see if it helps.

But what have they done to this game ? Since years i had NO problem with so large loading times or joining....never get a time out !

Strange !!

I had same prob i had 16gb ram so changed it to 32gb and it works well

as you can see in my signature i´m with 32GB since years.

Glad you guys could afford a 4-slot mainboard. Here my 188$ crowdfunding for my 4-slot mainboard, I highly appreciate if we can take this step together so that others can also afford such mainboards. I will credit the donators in my forum signature and will be F-14 RIO for anyone who wants: https://www.mycause.com.au/page/198571/4ddr4slot-asrock-taichi-overclockable-mainboard-for-danielnl-a-veteran-blueflag-dcs-player

with last patch 2 problems are solved.....i can join now servers but it takes a few minutes sometimes (perhaps they extended the timout ) andForceFeedback is there. 1 main thing to fix ! The F14 causes stuttering the whole time, even when looking to other players it causes stuttering. imho its noct flyable in that condition.

wow, my new USB3 Stick solved the Problem 3 . I now can fly the F14 WITHOUT ANY stuttering ! but qith only 23-30fps over city all on max at 3440x1440;. Its ok because its smooth so far. If its the faster Kingstaon Stick or the complete new install an a freah formated stick , idk ? Only thing what happened after perhaps 20min is a complete crash to desktop. :_(