AoA lamp always on

My Fing ID

I'm assuming it's the AoA anyway. I'm flying the attack version (the one with an onboard cannon) and I'm can't get the gun to fire. I'm assuming it's because the yellow AoA indicator is constantly on. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I can't get it to shut off. I'm tried flying level, up, down, sideways, nothing gets it to turn off, other than occasionally it'll shut off seemingly at random. That random time period is rarely when I'm behind a plane that is shooting out flared to disrupt my missiles, so I keep having to force myself to land rather than ram it while continuously clicking the trigger.

So, any ideas?

Speed. Gun won't fire at less than 400kmh. It will give an AoA warning if you're too slow for the gun to fire. This assumes the gun has been properly armed, and all pertinent switches have been enabled.

Thank you, that was totally it. I was trying to engage a slow moving cargo plane, and was well underspeed.

Is there no bypass for this or the AoA limits?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

On the center panel (the panel where you for example turn on your gunsight) there is a button that deblocks your gun in all situations. Unfortunately, you cannot map it to your HOTAS so employing it during dogfight is difficult.

Since nobody mentions it, I'll do.

Cannon on L-39ZA is supposed to be used against ground targets, not airborne targets. In the manual you can find all the info you need to understand when and why AoA light comes on (i don't remeber all of it that's why I am poining you there).

Also be aware that engine reduces thrust when trigger is pressed, to avoid sucking the fumes from cannon into the engine.

Smash 1-1 | Hawk

• 5 years later...

Great info, I didn't realize (or forgot) that while the arms are ready above 310 km/h, guns in particular require 400 km/h. The "deblock" button is interesting though. It can't be mapped with a key/joystick bind, which is probably a bug (definitely a missing feature), but it can be mapped using anything that goes over DCS-BIOS (for cockpit panels), e.g. DCS-COINS plugin for Touch Portal Android application. I was afraid the button has to be pressed - like RSBN tune button, for instance - but luckily, this one works as a toggle every time you press it. This also means that there is no indication of the deblock state, sans the AoA light itself when in the situation where it would likely be alight.

(And yes, I was shooting down transport plane as well. 🙂)

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube