Will there be any Buzz Bombs ?

SnowTiger

Now that would be cool...but Good luck wing tipping...currently wouldn't that mean certain death with the current damage models?

Some V2s at least on the ground with appropriate explosions when you take them out would be fun to hunt.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I'm not so sure about the survivability as you say due to damage while tipping.

But it would be fun trying and finding out !! Especially if the damage model will permit it (as it was done in the real world).

V2 Sites ... hmmm.

It would be good for the visual affects when exploding. Or even and explosion from the odd Launch Malfunction, "triggered" when you get within a specific distance.

I hope DCS/ED considers these options/possibilities ... to add a little more PUNCH and Reality to the WWII map environment. Most especially the V1.

SnowTiger:joystick:

....uhm I'm pretty sure they DID actually touch .... frowned upon or not.

I have seen at least 1 YouTube video that shows this.

And since they were faster than anything the Allies flew, it was difficult to get within shooting range in the first place and therefore easy to run out of ammo. But a determined pilot that was willing to risk his plane and his own life in order to save potentially hundreds of innocent civilians, did in fact make contact with the V1 to tip it over.

If they don't connect, I fail to see how else the rocket gets knocked out of the air !!!

Please Explain ~~

SnowTiger:joystick:

Using the airflow over an interceptor's wing to raise one wing of the V-1, by sliding the wingtip to within 6 in (15 cm) of the lower surface of the V-1's wing. If properly executed, this maneuver would tip the V-1's wing up, overriding the gyro and sending the V-1 into an out-of-control dive.

Maybe 2 dozen were destroyed this way out of how many total.

V1s flew between 350 and 400mph.

Btw, Kate Middleton`s grandfather flew anti V1 missions.

especially this:

Good point about the V1, I will add it to the development list for the metoer, I will see if we can do it and bundle them together smile.gif

Meteor is coming along very nicely actually, I am hping to have it to show at legends in a few weeks smile.gif At least in sim if not flying smile.gif - No promises on the flying yet! lots to do !

Pman

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg