[Mi-8] Radio Tutorial ?

No tutorials that I have come across but basically the radio you need is on the centre console. Dial in required frequency and click the mode switch above your head on the radio control panel from ICS to Radio

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi!

How do you have the english cockpit ????

Thanks!

Thanks for replies !

For those who want to dial with ATC, I've found this, that may help

On the Co-Pilot Top-Front Panel :

z4y2.jpg

On the central pedestral :

fvy3.jpg

-- Ryzen 7 2700X / 16gB DDR4 2666 / HP ex920 1tB SSD NVME / GeForce GTX1080ti / HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5--

• 2 months later...

If this method had worked before, it most certainly does not function now. I've spent literally hours trying to communicate with an ATC to no avail. I think I've done every single possible combination of switches and patterns with the radio.

Is the procedure posted here still working for anyone else? I am able to contact the ground crew just fine, but I have never once been able to contact an ATC.

I am thinking it might be a problem with the campaign for the Mi-8. I just tried the cold startup quick mission and was able to contact the ATC. Any frequency I have tried while flying the first MI-8 Campaign mission, however, are all unreachable. Leading me to believe it's a problem with the campaign and not the Mi-8.

I, too, am using just the pilot side's radio.

I am using every version. :P

Haha

Hmm, I know that some of the radio communications in the campaign are done through the F10 menu and are "special" (they don't require you to do anything on the radio, it's just a scripted conversation). But other than that I have not had a problem, at least not recently, perhaps I should try again..

Ran into an interesting problem. I am playing online with a couple of friends (One with the Huey, the other the Black Shark). We are ramped on a friendly airfield. It's frequency is 122mhz on the AM. I adjust accordingly and still cannot contact the ATC. I CAN, however, hear my wingmen calling to the ATC.

Edit: I think I have it figured out. If you are playing a mission that is prior to the latest beta patch, the ATC and radio system will not work. If you are playing with those who do not own Mi-8MVT, and that have created the mission and are hosting it, the radios will not work.

These are the conclusions I have come up with, could someone else confirm?

Edited by Zolkowski

If you are playing a mission that is prior to the latest beta patch, the ATC and radio system will not work.

Missions that were created with previous version of the game should always be updated by opening them in the current version's mission editor, and re-saving them. This has fixed a lot of problems in the past, and if the problem really is a version problem, this should fix it.

• 6 months later...
If this method had worked before, it most certainly does not function now. I've spent literally hours trying to communicate with an ATC to no avail. I think I've done every single possible combination of switches and patterns with the radio.

Is the procedure posted here still working for anyone else? I am able to contact the ground crew just fine, but I have never once been able to contact an ATC.

Hello, I have exactly the same problem, how did you correct him ?

Thx Advance

Check Your Freq and for ATC - Laryngophone OFF position plus:

Radio.jpg

Nowy-1_zpsfea02660.jpg~original

It works.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, having just gone through some heart-ache with trying to work the radios (contacting ATC like everyone appears to be having trouble with), I can say I've found a solution.

Assuming you have the correct frequency, radios powered, throat-mike off, AM selected etc, you need to access the correct radio menu. I.e., accessing the radio menu from the normal '\' key doesn't cut it. You need to use the actual cyclic radio trigger button, which will have the radio type as a heading when selected (the other menu won't have anything).

No doubt many will have this worked out already, but I haven't heard it mentioned in the numerous radio threads, and thought I would list it here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Check Your Freq and for ATC - Laryngophone OFF position plus:

It works.

just be sure you set your radiocom to AM, standard is FM it is next to the right of the Anti Ice panel, works for me perfekt.

Hi All,

after finished the startup (quick start manual), I turned the FM to AM, and tuned the freq to 121 (Anapa). However, there was no response from ATC. Could anyone help me and check out which step I have missed? See attached trk

Thanks

mi8 startup, radio not work.trk

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• 1 month later...
Hi All,

after finished the startup (quick start manual), I turned the FM to AM, and tuned the freq to 121 (Anapa). However, there was no response from ATC. Could anyone help me and check out which step I have missed? See attached trk

Thanks

Did you change your switch from intercom to radio on the same panel as radio selection rotary. Posting from phone cant watch track

Edited by Cibit

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi pilots

Anyone know how to use jadro 1-A ?

Find out when the manual arrives but here are the presets but I cant make out what the letters in there are about

frequency_dial = {limit = {2E6,179999E2}, dials = {{750,10.0,1E7},{751,10.0,1E6},{752,10.0,1E5},{753,10.0,1E4},{754,10.0,1E3},{755,10.0,1E2}}}

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]