Stand up and be counted all ye Mi-8 operators

So, thoughts on the flight model as it stands?

Tempted, but being a helicopter novice I'm wary of getting something with the FM possessing "new and innovative flying challenges" like the Huey did initially....

I think - and so far this seems to be confirmed by those trying the Mi-8 now - you will find the Mi-8 easier to handle, in particular thanks to the stability augmentation system. With the Pitch/Roll autopilot channels engaged, control coupling is much less agressive unless you're putting in large, fast inputs. IMHO what makes these two modules so interesting is the ability to compare and contrast these two fundamentally similar, but still considerably different machines.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Count me in when the discount starts, I ll never do the same mistake again :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Count me in when the discount starts, I ll never do the same mistake again :smilewink:

:lol:I am pretty new to DCS so I have a lot do do with the other Modules so far... :joystick: The Mi-8 can wait for the next Special Sale..should not take too long

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

This thing is amazing. Thank you for your hard work Belsimtek, ED and everyone involved. It's really too cheap though but I hope it's adding up to make it worthwhile for you, because without you we wouldn't have this stunning piece of software. Whatever you will do next I will buy it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Got it and downloaded, but 1.2.6 is taking its sweet time...

Bought it, but still waiting for 1.2.6 - that's the real pain :D

One moment 1,5 kb/s, 10 seconds after that 400 kb/s...

My virus scanner (Avast) just encountered a suspected file. Something with DCSupdater.exe. After 1.3Gb I lost everything... :(

Details:

process: C:\Users\Erik\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\update\DCS_updater.exe

infection: Win32:Evo-gen [susp]

Got it but still waiting for 1.2.6

mi-8 bought and downloaded.

Waiting for updater: @50KB/s

Hats off to you Belsimtek for this one! ...It will be a killer!!!

Just bought it and are waiting for the 1.2.6 update to download properly...

Bought it and waiting for the 1.2.6 update too...

And people still don't seem to see the benefit of DCS: World on steam?! lol

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

Are u guys dl(patching) 1.2.6 DCS World plus all other modules than installing DCS MI8? or vice vs?

What do you mean? Mi-8 without DCS World? That would be interesting :)

Or separate install from the current stable 1.2.5?

I did a full update with updating all the modules.

- KGB -

Edited by agentkgb

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

- KGB -

Guess i'll have to try it had issues last time with it not being compatible maybe i'm thinkin to much into it. Can't wait dl'n.

I might buy this tomorrow.

It's getting late and i'm stuck in Cubase with a new song but I just wanted to know , does this have any kinda winch or sling or something to pick stuff up with?

I know the huey is meant to have something like that and it's not in yet, i'm guess this ships without it?

does this have any kinda winch or sling or something to pick stuff up with?

I know the huey is meant to have something like that and it's not in yet, i'm guess this ships without it?

You guess well.

The technology for both is the same, so one can't have it much before the other.

Cheers.

- KGB -

Guess i'll have to try it had issues last time with it not being compatible maybe i'm thinkin to much into it. Can't wait dl'n.

You must update World, which will update the installed modules as well, before you can install the Mi-8.

Incompatibilities can occur if you have updated World after install (and there is even the smallest change) before you try to install a new module.

When a new module is released it should match the latest update, in which case there should be no problems.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You must update World, which will update the installed modules as well, before you can install the Mi-8.

Incompatibilities can occur if you have updated World after install (and there is even the smallest change) before you try to install a new module.

When a new module is released it should match the latest update, in which case there should be no problems.

Thanx yeah had an issue with the KA 1.2.4 last time around so, can be painful watchin time go buy after havin to uninstall an re-install 8)-