getPlayerName() returns name of RIO in F-14

funkyfranky

The DCS API function getPlayerName() returns the name of the RIO and once the second player (RIO) enters the aircraft. It should return the name of the pilot.

Furthermore, the getPlayerName() function returns an empty string once the RIO left.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Well that broke sometime in the last few weeks.

BTW, asked for a get player name script related to multicrew functionality ever since the L-39 got implemented.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Yea, need the same unit:playername() system for CA units also on top of having an array for multicrew(but have the order always the same, for f-14 pilot [1], rio [2] (this is lua, no 0)), ddcs relies on knowing who is in each vehicle(imagine using f10 in a tank!), and wish it could be ucid based, we have many players with the same name and their records map on each other (I track everything by ucid)

Edited by Drexx

Developer of DDCS MP Engine, dynamicdcs.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608

• 4 weeks later...

It also returns Nil if the host is the RIO:

I just did some testing with the Tomcat and getPlayerName() with different results:

Host as pilot: returns host name

Client as pilot: returns client name

Host as pilot and client as RIO: returns host name

Client as pilot and Host as RIO: returns Nil sad.gif

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 3 months later...
It would be great if it returned a table with who ever is in the aircraft

Yup, should probably return a dictionary or a list.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I would already be happy if it would reliably return at least some name of the guys in the aircraft instead of NIL...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 3 months later...
Yup, should probably return a dictionary or a list.

No, please only change the API as a very last resort or lots of scripts will break. Better introduce a new function like getCrewNames().

Oh, and could we fix the issue at hand, please?

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

wow, over 8 months since request, yes, we URGENTLY need this now!

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes! We need BOTH the RIO AND pilot to get the kill accounted, as it's a teamwork-result when they shoot down another player.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 2 weeks later...