Complete Transport and Logistics Deployment - CTLD

this thread is TLDR, but I wanted to throw out that if you find yourself adding more ground forces or AA Crates to make sure you assign unique weights to each crate. I added the Vulcan, Shilka, and a roland system, but the script was getting them confused with crates that shared the same weights. changing the crate weights to unique values solved the issue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Official Texture pack:

http://community.104thphoenix.com/topic/1221-104th-official-texture-pack/

Un-Official Roughmet Texture Pack:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303667/

Livery Creation Discord Group Invite-

https://discord.gg/bqAq2zx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

First, thanks to the community for the script libs.

Ive made a small modification to the ctld.JTACAutoLase function while using the F-18C :

1- I created a variable at the begining of the file "ctld.JTAC_msg_time = 60" that controls the time that the message stays on screen. The former 10 seconds delay was to short for me. If 60 secs is too long set the value you like.

2 - I added F-18C coordinates in L/L format hours, minutes, seconds because it is the only format that the current beta version of the module accepts. I also added the altitude information of the target in the message.

CTLD_sonic.lua

Have fun!

Edited by sonic

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all,

First, thanks to the community for the script libs.

Ive made a small modification to the ctld.JTACAutoLase function while using the F-18C :

1- I created a variable at the begining of the file "ctld.JTAC_msg_time = 60" that controls the time that the message stays on screen. The former 10 seconds delay was to short for me. If 60 secs is too long set the value you like.

2 - I added F-18C coordinates in L/L format hours, minutes, seconds because it is the only format that the current beta version of the module accepts. I also added the altitude information of the target in the message.

very nice work, I was precisely about to open a request for these two. I can mentally make the calculus from decimal to deg but having it onscreen is way an improvement. Kudos!

I suggest you open a pull request on the github project ;)

Hello Ciribob,

First of all, congrats for your hard working on DCS & for the community.

I have a remark about JTAC part of your script. I use it for a moving ground unit, a humvee for exemple, the detection is OK, I can see a red smoke on designated target, but the humvee don't stop his route. Is it normal ? I checked options in the script and didn't see a variable to activate/desactivate this feature.

What is your opinion ?

Thanks again for your work

Rgds

Guillaume

Quick question, Is there any way to increase the required amount of crates for an AA group?

For example, I'd like the choppers to have to work four the BUK site, putting down at least 6 units to be able to spawn it. Wasn't sure what exactly I was supposed to change in the code to allow this. Just the count #? or do I have to add more units to the whole system?

-- BUK System
	{ weight = 575, desc = "BUK Launcher", unit = "SA-11 Buk LN 9A310M1"},
	{ weight = 580, desc = "BUK Search Radar", unit = "SA-11 Buk SR 9S18M1"},
	{ weight = 585, desc = "BUK CC Radar", unit = "SA-11 Buk CC 9S470M1"},
	{ weight = 590, desc = "BUK Repair", unit = "BUK Repair"},
       -- END of BUK

name = "BUK AA System",
       count = 3,
       parts = {
           {name = "SA-11 Buk LN 9A310M1", desc = "BUK Launcher" , launcher = true},
           {name = "SA-11 Buk CC 9S470M1", desc = "BUK CC Radar"},
           {name = "SA-11 Buk SR 9S18M1", desc = "BUK Search Radar"},
       },
       repair = "BUK Repair",

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there !

A question about JTAC function:

In my mission, I have 2 CTLD scripted JTACs, I activate Mist, then CTLD, then I executes scripts for each JTAC. My mission begins, and after the time delay I chosed in the ME, JTACs activate and I have both JTACs informations on screen, it works.

But I would like to go a bit further in my mission, I would like to:

- chose which JTAC gives me his informations via a F10 radio menu each time I chose this radio item (not the CTLD JTAC Status radio item)

- Increase time during which JTAC informations are displayed on my screen

Is it possible to do so, and if yes, how ?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ciri,

I'm currently saving placed CTLD objects through missions, which is cool, but I had trouble saving a FOB. Sure I can save the object, but I want to insert a FOB into a mission at run time.

I tried

table.insert(ctld.logisticUnits, k) --doesn't work

table.insert(ctld.builtFOBS, k) -- doesn't work

Am I missing a table that would spark an object into life as a working FOB?

I also tried using your hooks, I didn't get much joy from them so I did it a different way unfortunately, which is fine but the hooks showed promise.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Not sure if this is connected to the same issue as Pikey's up there:

When enabling ctld.hoverPickup some players seem to be unable to see the crate on their twelve, although the message confirms it's there. So yesterday I did GCI real quick for someone who couldn't see the crate and guided him through to hover over the crate and he picked it up. So the object is there but somehow hidden for some clients.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

After research and several attempts of understanding I find myself in front of a problem, I wish to make a spawn a FOB using the system of creation of object ect ect ect ...

My problem is the following: How to modify the object that appears once the different containers unpack?

Because for me once unpack I get a beautiful mortar .. not great to say that it is a FOB

:helpsmilie: :book:

Edited by Paul1994

1st Fighter Wing Program : https://discord.gg/NUnabec

Hi,

After research and several attempts of understanding I find myself in front of a problem, I wish to make a spawn a FOB using the system of creation of object ect ect ect ...

My problem is the following: How to modify the object that appears once the different containers unpack?

Because for me once unpack I get a beautiful mortar .. not great to say that it is a FOB

:helpsmilie: :book:

I'm having this problem too, did you manage to resolve the problem?.

If I exit the MP server and rejoin I can see the FOB and watchtower.

------

NOVA 3 | DRONE

For now i don't find any solution. For me it's "normal" to have mortar but maybe we can change something for personnalise this ? is it true ?

So, from looking at the code the mortar that spawns seems to be the used as the radio beacon.

Sadly im no closer to fixing the outpost and watchtower.

------

NOVA 3 | DRONE

For now i don't find any solution. For me it's "normal" to have mortar but maybe we can change something for personnalise this ? is it true ?

OK, I've got a fix but its a total hack.

I've changed the beacon to be outpost rather than the mortar. That way the outpost renders for everyone to see.

The only problem with this is that if you drop a radio beacon from the chopper it will spawn an outpost, but I'm prepared to live with that until there is a fix.

function ctld.spawnRadioBeaconUnit(_point, _country, _type)

local _groupId = ctld.getNextGroupId()

local _unitId = ctld.getNextUnitId()

local _radioGroup = {
       ["visible"] = false,
      -- ["groupId"] = _groupId,
       ["hidden"] = false,
       ["units"] = {
           [1] = {
               ["y"] = _point.z,
               ["type"] = "outpost",
               ["name"] = _type .. " Radio Beacon Unit #" .. _unitId,
            --   ["unitId"] = _unitId,
               ["heading"] = 0,
               ["playerCanDrive"] = false,
               ["skill"] = "Excellent",
               ["x"] = _point.x,
           }
       },
       --        ["y"] = _positions[1].z,
       --        ["x"] = _positions[1].x,
       ["name"] = _type .. " Radio Beacon Group #" .. _groupId,
       ["task"] = {},
       --added two fields below for MIST
       ["category"] = Group.Category.GROUND,
       ["country"] = _country
   }

-- return coalition.addGroup(_country, Group.Category.GROUND, _radioGroup)
   return Group.getByName(mist.dynAdd(_radioGroup).name)
end

------

NOVA 3 | DRONE

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, i have a pvp server and im using CTLD, i have a problem with the cratespawn on the red side. When i do a cratespawn triggerzone i then add ctld.spawnCrateAtZone("red",800,"cratespawn") in triggers to get the generators to stack up. Even though it says "red" in the script the crate shows up as blue on the map so the blue team can see where the red teams farp is located. Am i missing something or is this fixable somehow?

Any idea why CTLD is not showing in my radio menu??? List beacons is showing?

Mist is not loaded?... but probably you have not set the unit names correctly for each airframe as defined in the CTLD lua. These can be as is or customised...

I noticed in some of your missions your planes are as groups of 4 craft.... for CTLD helos have to be individual groups and and not part of a set...

Discord me if you cannot get it working.... it is relative simple to sort..

Hope this helps...

SIGBLOCK.png

You must move this crate

I have a problem when using real crates. I have slingloaded them to a different location than the spawn location, but still there is a message that I must move this crate before unpacking it. It does so eventhough I have disabled having to move the crate before spawning. Attached is the script, I would really apreciate if somebody could help me out with this. If using the simulated slingload method, it works.

CTLD.lua

Edited by Silo01

Louis|Dancer, foundation member of the digital Swiss Air Force, a group of enthusiasts trying to imitate everything that has to do with Swiss military aviation on dcs. If you want to join us, contact us via instagram.

our youtube chanel:dSAF

our instagram:dSAF

my rusty pc: msi gtx1080ti / ryzen 5 2600x / ga-ab350 gaming motherboard / 16gb ram / rift cv1 / warthog