DCS World Weekend News Update Discussion

Raven68

So last year the big view in the future and statement of plans and development status came at the end of January. I suspect it will be the same this time.

Quote Vedexent: The technical term for an over ambitious ground attack pilot is "dead".

Quote SiThSpAwN: I figure 1.5 will have to buy some roses and chocolates, take 2.0 to a nice restaurant, and if it opens doors and is a gentleman, 1.5 and 2.0 might just get to merge one day.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woooooww, big things... A new plane??? Where is the great 2016 year for DCS???

Nevada map extended and polished, 1.5 updated with multiple new vfx enhancements, while we get a complete "new" Caucasus map for 2.5

Mi-8 release, phenomenal introduction of PolyChop with the Gazelle(s), Mirage 2000C from Razbam, F-5E from Belsimtek, VEAO overhauling the Hawk with Dual-Cockpit and showed a pretty decent P-40F, the Spitfire MkIX released, and now the icing on the cake, AJS-37 Viggen from Leatherneck nearing completion...

A great DCS year, indeed!

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

It is a lot to ask, but, Missing a good and big DCS: World develop update news about 2.5, NTTR, Normandy WW2, F/A-18, SOH, CA improvements, future feature improvements, future DCS: W 3.0 and course of actions, future modules, etc with the Christmas and new year incoming.

very appreciate the old Wags interviews...

+1000

Almost end of the year and its been ages since the last BIG info news letter...new weather, wing vapour fx, flir, PBR, clouds, ATC, etc. No any news.

Take a look at my MODS here

It also has the potential to be like last year where so many things they "hoped" to have in 2.0 that haven't materialized (new ATC, FLIR, and weather being the biggest IMO). Hopefully those things will come with 2.5 but everything is subject to change.

I don't think ED wants to be put in that situation again where expectations are taken as promises.

• ED Team

Generally there is a month of pre-sale before a new module comes to Early Access, so I cant imagine we will see a Normandy release until we see that pre-sale period. I am sure when its ready, we will be the first to know about it.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

So you want to ignore what we've got and complain about what is part of the wish list thread?

I really hope you guys are different at home when the presents you get are nice, but still not what you wished for!

That's how the divorce started... ;)

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

So you want to ignore what we've got and complain about what is part of the wish list thread?

I really hope you guys are different at home when the presents you get are nice, but still not what you wished for!

That's how the divorce started... ;)

The thread is under chit chat, I hope we can have some leeway with comments.

Besides, I don't see how stating one's preferences in what could come next is either undermining what has come until now, or negating that those points are already in the feauture list. I also hope I'm not forced to thank ED for what we've got up until now every time I post about future stuff, not directly referencing something is not "ignoring" it.

Edited by Gliptal

Besides, I don't see how stating one's preferences in what could come next is either undermining what has come until now, or negating that those points are already in the feauture list. I also hope I'm not forced to thank ED for what we've got up until now every time I post about future stuff, not directly referencing something is not "ignoring" it.

Ok, then I got you wrong. Sorry...

I was more thinking about what 2016 brought us, and I still remember a time before DCS World where people went crazy (in a happy way) when it was possible to fly the A-10C and BlackShark2 together in one map after over 2 years.

We were expecting another DCS level plane every 5 years or so and what we have now would have been thought impossible... So from that perspective, 2016 was indeed a great year!

Of course I would happily see an F/A-18C, new maps etc., but with the Spitfire released and the Viggen on the horizon, we must have been well behaved and Santa favored us.

And it seems 2017 we will move on to another great year, with multiple modules and other goodies , nobody dreamt of when DCS: A-10C Warthog 1.1.0 was the peak of military flight sims. ;)

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

• ED Team

Sure, but it should be about the Weekend updates we get, not what we are hoping for, we have a wishlist section.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Impressive number of updates, aircrafts and units during 2016 and even more impressive planned list for 2017! One huge concern is the dedicated server ED has talked about for many years. On Silver_Dragon’s DCS: Roadmap list it is now moved into the unknown year release list, personally I feel this very disappointing. Even before the beta release of the A-10C the 4th October 2010 there were talks about the dedicated server. The 21st of June in 2005, Dice had a dedicated server for their Battlefield 2 on release that supported 64 players in a unit rich environment at that time. Ok the maps were small but there was soldiers, tanks, aircrafts, helicopters, boats, water going vehicles, artillery, and more. It had a server browser that was way more feature rich than today's DCS server browser. In my mind, out of all the updates ED could possibly create in 2017, the most important is a console based dedicated server with an in-game admin interface that is easily installed on a datacenter VPS or Host. Creating the server core should be fairly easy for a software house to implement if they had the incentive to do it. So this is why I’m disappointed, over six years of just talk. I still hope though that ED will see the gain in giving the community a better hosting situation and continue their work for a dedicated server.

Merry Christmas

Why it wouldnt be a serious question? I want to know how important for DCS the dedicated server is, honestly...

It would greatly reduce the costs of running a server remotely at hosting services, so it is indeed quite important.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Why it wouldnt be a serious question? I want to know how important for DCS the dedicated server is, honestly...

To anyone who plays MP on the regular that wasn't a serious question. For the multiplayer community a proper dedicated server application would be huge.

People have been asking for that longer than I can remember.

Weekend News - 30 Dec 2017

"New aircraft damage model systems. This new system will be based on a much more precise system of positional agregats within an aircraft structure such that it will give players a new level of realistic air combat damage modeling- especially with machineguns. Because this system will dramatically change simulation balance, the system will be released for all World War II planes simultaneously."

Very much looking forward to this. Current damage model can be quite the immersion killer ATM.

On a side note, does anyone recognise that cathedral in the last screenshot? What is it called and where is it located?