1.1.0.7 Patch - Desert Ops

Miro

Good job Miro! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|Intel C2D E8400 @ 4.0 GHz|EVGA nForce 750i SLI|6 GB Kingston DDR2 1066 MHz|ASUS HD6970 2048x1152 23"|Saitek X52|TrackIR 5|...Doesn't matter... let's drink!

• 1 month later...

Good job, beacuse disappointingly the default terrain texture settings look horrendous yet again, with fields and textures looking really bad a short (and very noticeable) distance from your plane. Also buildings appearing right in front of you.

I am really surprised that this has been left like this. I think all of us that have applied this tweak have not really had any degradation of performance ( as long as you don't use very large values). eg I don't think that this is an area to cripple in order to improve fps and stuttering. It just makes the sim look really crap. Its not like I am running with perfect FPS and no stutter either, but changing this setting seems to make little difference. Why is it that ED is being so conservative with these settings?

I am running High textures and Medium Scenes. I shudder to think what it would look like if I went any lower.

I look around my cockpit and I'm in 2011 . I look out the window and I'm transported to 2000. :puke:

Edited by BTTW-DratsaB

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

yeb just tried it as well and it still works !

really great thing this Thread here.... if u have some FPS to spend on (mycase) i definately recommend to invest the Frames in better Quality .... looks S.O. M.U.C.H. B.E.T.T.E.R

Edited by Schnarre [Aggro]
thread ! ... i meant thread not post ;-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

Tweak not working anymore & default texture opinion

Unfortunately I have discovered the fix is no longer working for me Since the 08 patch. I am getting some strange texture filtering in the medium distance, most noticeable on Field type textures:

Field textures in the distance look ok, but blurry.

Field textures medium distance now have part of the "scrub-land" texture "mixed in". (see screen shots).

Field textures very near are are drawn properly.

Look at the first 3 screen shots to show more clearly than I can explain.

Can any of you gurus help me to get this back to how it was?

++++++++++++Opinion on Default Texture Quality++++++++++++

I have to say I really am not a fan of whatever it is they have done to the whole texture rendering/texture filtering system since the last couple of patches. I much preferred the way they where handled previously. Textures looked pretty sharp much further out then they do now. They also transitioned more smoothly from sharp to blurry. With the new method, they get blurry way too close and the transition is too harsh, it looks really bad to me. With the old way you could just also turn on x16 Anisotropic Filtering (in your Nvidia driver) and get some nice extra overall sharpness to the textures. But with what ever they have changed, this no longer works.

I know most of this was probably done to help the harddisk thrashing problem, but to be honest, for me that HD induced stutter mostly only kicked in when Both TGP and Mav cameras where active. And that still occurs on some missions.

Is there anyone else who feels this way about texture quality? Did the Beta testers think this looks ok?

I have also included two screen shots to show the bad transition from sharp to horribly blurry textures (this is from an unedited install)

Tweak1.thumb.jpg.83b6ab06ce409c187798038cfc951d00.jpg

Tweak2.thumb.jpg.3bdeb7947b9d97a141418319285fe65c.jpg

Tweak3.thumb.jpg.ab90657c1c37d1d128bdb588cfd5adbc.jpg

BadLandscapeOut.thumb.jpg.442984523cb35c31c6e9c75b06ea8d3c.jpg

BadLandscapeIn.thumb.jpg.741df8e7835df0db2f66a5237117b77e.jpg

Edited by BTTW-DratsaB

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

This is working fine for every one else then? Every one loves how the textures look worse than Lockon less than 1km from your view point?

I have had to increase my graphics from Medium Scenes and Medium Visibility range to High now as it look so bad on medium.

I notice that with these settings on high I also see this anomaly I noticed with my own tweak, where by the Scrub-land texture shows through the Field texture at certain distances... everyone else thinks this looks ok too?

• 2 years later...