Stand up and be counted all ye Mi-8 operators

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got it today. I wasn't waiting for the sale! Honest! xD I was waiting for my MSc to be done.. the sale just came in as a bonus, so I got the Huey too :)

First impressions are awesome. Had my first two flights tonight. First one doesn't realy count, since I forgot to assign the collective, but I did manage to land using keyboard.. somehow. The second one was a dream. I was all over the place, that's for sure, but at least I didn't crash or brake anything :) Gone into VRS a few times on purpose, and once by mistake, but did recover from all of them :D

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

Bought it this evening. First impression, awesome!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PC Specs: i5 8600K | GTX 1080 Ti | 16 GB DDR4 | 4x SSD | Samsung Odyssey VR

Peripherals: Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS | 4x Bassshakers

Modules: A-4E | A-10C | F-14B | F-15C | Ka-50 | Su-25A | Su-27 | Su-33 | F/A-18C | P-51D | Mi-8MTV2

It can loop better than a Ka50!! :doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Bought it as soon as I got back off Holiday... one day before the sale.

DOH!

superb flight model with a real feeling of weight in comparison with the uh-1.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.