Battle of the Caucasus - Server coming soon to 1.5! - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-21-2017, 08:32 PM   #1
Osmium

Reputation power: 1
Osmium is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Battle of the Caucasus - Server coming soon to 1.5!

Please read below.

Last edited by Osmium; 11-22-2017 at 03:16 PM.
Osmium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 08:44 PM   #2
Osmium

Exclamation Battle of the Caucasus - Server coming soon to 1.5!

* Yeah I know, it could be better. I really need someone to make me one :/

Greetings, everyone. My name is Osmium, or also known as Sirius. I have come to introduce y'all a new, "2 more weeks to come" server, named Battle of the Caucasus.

This server is based on a true battle and the events of WW2. You have the Soviet Union and the Axis Powers in northern Georgia to southern most parts of Russia. Unfortunately there are no USSR WW2 planes in DCS, so we will use UK and USA. The rest you will read is mission briefing and situations of both sides. Pictures will also be presented for you to see.

Mission Briefing:

"The year is 1942. The ground is wet, the air smells of rotten corpses, and a new dawn has just begun.

There has started a conflict between the Axis and Allied Powers of the US, USSR, and Third Reich. Georgian territory of the Germans is being threatened as the Soviet Union enlargens itself, attempting to swallow the core of the enemy. Hope is seeming to be forgotten, as soldiers get more depressed fighting each other. Blood stains the coats of many men, the sky darkens around everyone. The world is an unforgiving place, and there is no remorse to it.

On the blue side, the Allied have set up stations with bunkers, AAA, and watch towers. There are an assortment of 4 P-51D's, 5 Spitfire's, and 2 TF-51D's. (these are for Reconnaissance) The main AO center (bullseye) is located at the center of the town of Чернорнорский. (Chernornorskiy)

Meanwhile, on the red side, the Axis are struggling to set up their stations. They do not have the accessibility to any AAA, but do have watch towers and bunkers as well. They have been equipped with 5 BF-109K-4's, and 4 FW-190D-9's. Their main AO center (bullseye) is located at the center of the town of Холмский. (Holmskiy)

What's that I hear? The Americans have a nuke and they're not using it yet? Oh well... I guess we'll just have to wait for this one."

Red Situation:

"Those communistic and capitalistic scum will not defeat us! We shall destroy every-zing zey have! Their airports are at Krasnodar-Center and Krasnodar-Pashkovsky. Destroy whatever is there!"

Blue Situation:

"Carry out all orders given. The airports of the Axis Powers are Novorossiysk and Gelendzhik. Make sure that you destroy their bunkers and watch towers and ONLY those, but beware of Germans!"

Blue Briefing Pictures:

Red Briefing Pictures:

Overall Briefing Picture (on both sides):

These will be the key features of this new server:
- Randomized time (based on Day, Dusk, Night, and Morning missions)
- Randomized weather (snow, rain, wind, and other variants)
- Air-to-ground tasks and missions (similar to Open Conflict)
- Air-to-air
- Trigger based events, such as:
a. Alerting your side if an enemy comes close to your airports
b. Alerting your side if any of your artillery, forts, and/or armor gets attacked

We will also include a website, SRS, and Discord!

Discord: https://discord.gg/k6kfeVv
SRS: TBD.

Check Six,
Osmium.

Last edited by Osmium; 11-21-2017 at 08:48 PM. Reason: needed to add additional words.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:23 PM   #3
Osmium

New Update: We have finished working on the following:
- Trigger events
- Random time
- A2G Tasks/Missions

More information will come soon about this! We are working very hard to deliver this promised and fulfilled.
Old 11-28-2017, 03:19 AM   #4
Osmium

Note: Battle of the Caucasus will be down for further notice until all features are completed.

Tags
1.5, new server, ww2