JUST DOGFIGHT server thread - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-25-2017, 04:08 PM   #11
jejsus

Reputation power: 3
jejsus is on a distinguished road

From the guy who got tired of fc3 aircraft and is spending majority of time in mig21 the scenario you guys run here can be really stressful and confusing. Everyone flies everything, can't iff properly like modern planes... Indentifying trough Silhouette would be much easier for an old rusty mig, or taking missiles out. Just suggestion, no offensive of course. If you're not totally into statistics and willing to make a change...
jejsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 08:27 PM   #12
Noface

Reputation power: 0
Noface will become famous soon enoughNoface will become famous soon enough

I've recently been playing on the Just Dogfight server and I think that the admin should give us the option to start on the ground and not allways in the air. I get the purpose of allways starting on the air. It's so the server is dynamic and there are people constantly dogfighting. But in my opinion, adding that option wouldn't compromise the dynamics a lot and would help the players who want to train scrambling.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:20 PM   #13
56RAF_Talisman

Reputation power: 5
56RAF_Talisman will become famous soon enough56RAF_Talisman will become famous soon enough56RAF_Talisman will become famous soon enough

High Flighter,

Thank you very much for the just dogfight server

I have a small request which I hope you can grant. I have a Gametrix 908 JetSeat with SimShaker for Aviators software. Please find the link below for more information on this excellent product which delivers aircraft specific seat force feedback for DCS modules. It is very immersive and I recommend it to anyone flying DCS.
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=175028

For the JetSeat to work in MP the server needs to allow 'player export data'.
Would you be able to enable player export data on your server?

Happy landings,

Spitfire! 'That's no aircraft, that's a bleedin' angel'
56RAF_Talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 06:00 PM   #14
Flighter

Flighter has a spectacular aura aboutFlighter has a spectacular aura aboutFlighter has a spectacular aura aboutFlighter has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jejsus View Post
From the guy who got tired of fc3 aircraft and is spending majority of time in mig21 the scenario you guys run here can be really stressful and confusing. Everyone flies everything, can't iff properly like modern planes... Indentifying trough Silhouette would be much easier for an old rusty mig, or taking missiles out. Just suggestion, no offensive of course. If you're not totally into statistics and willing to make a change...
Hi there !
You are a brave man for flying the old rusty mig in a field full of F15s and M2000 !
You also make perfectly valid points.
The thing is that we want a light-headed server where we can train in close air combat. How can two friends train if they fancy F15 against F15 ?
I know it's a spaghetti situation for more serious simmers.
Maybe on our next server !
Always welcome and enjoy the merge !
Cheers
Flighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 06:05 PM   #15
Flighter

Flighter has a spectacular aura aboutFlighter has a spectacular aura aboutFlighter has a spectacular aura aboutFlighter has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noface View Post
I've recently been playing on the Just Dogfight server and I think that the admin should give us the option to start on the ground and not allways in the air. I get the purpose of allways starting on the air. It's so the server is dynamic and there are people constantly dogfighting. But in my opinion, adding that option wouldn't compromise the dynamics a lot and would help the players who want to train scrambling.
Hi Noface !
Thanks for your time in our little server !

You can take off from the ground.
Just choose a slot that begins with "GRND".
Also note that the red SU33s can take off from the carrier. Choose a slot starting with "CARR".
The slots with "GUNS" will only have guns and start on a different map area.
Enjoy your dog fights/flights
Best regards !
Old 08-21-2017, 06:16 PM   #16
Flighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56RAF_Talisman View Post
High Flighter,

Thank you very much for the just dogfight server

I have a small request which I hope you can grant. I have a Gametrix 908 JetSeat with SimShaker for Aviators software. Please find the link below for more information on this excellent product which delivers aircraft specific seat force feedback for DCS modules. It is very immersive and I recommend it to anyone flying DCS.
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=175028

For the JetSeat to work in MP the server needs to allow 'player export data'.
Would you be able to enable player export data on your server?

Happy landings,
Dear Talisman Hi !

Thanks for the kind words.
We love DCS -- regardless of it's permanent "work in progress" issues and the server crashes...

The reason that the "player export data" is turned off is just for bandwidth reasons.
Unfortunately we do not have that great of an upload speed so we have chosen to try for less lag than more data.
I hope you can understand.
If we increase the bandwidth I will be glad to turn the data export on.
Have fun !
Old 08-22-2017, 05:03 PM   #17
56RAF_Talisman

Reputation power: 5
56RAF_Talisman will become famous soon enough56RAF_Talisman will become famous soon enough56RAF_Talisman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flighter View Post
Dear Talisman Hi !

Thanks for the kind words.
We love DCS -- regardless of it's permanent "work in progress" issues and the server crashes...

The reason that the "player export data" is turned off is just for bandwidth reasons.
Unfortunately we do not have that great of an upload speed so we have chosen to try for less lag than more data.
I hope you can understand.
If we increase the bandwidth I will be glad to turn the data export on.
Have fun !

Hi Flighter,

Thank you for getting back to me. No probs. Thanks again for the server.

Happy landings,

Spitfire! 'That's no aircraft, that's a bleedin' angel'
56RAF_Talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 05:32 PM   #18
Flighter

Thumbs up 10 months - Server upgrade

Hi All !
We have some good news as we reached the 10th month of server uptime.
The server availability almost touches 100%, which is remarkable considering the frequent server crashes.

Our first log entry dates 09 JAN 2107.
As of 10 OCT 2017 we had :
6959 unique player names, about 23 players per day.
24275 Connections, about 81 connections per day.

Our server has been upgraded and we are now pushing data with a maximum capacity of 500 Mbps.
We have increased the number of players to 40 and activated all "export data" options.

Keep on flying and smiling !

Happy flying to all !

Last edited by Flighter; 10-10-2017 at 09:06 PM.
Old 10-10-2017, 05:49 PM   #19
razo+r
Veteran

Reputation power: 16
razo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flighter View Post
Hi there !
You are a brave man for flying the old rusty mig in a field full of F15s and M2000 !
You also make perfectly valid points.
The thing is that we want a light-headed server where we can train in close air combat. How can two friends train if they fancy F15 against F15 ?
I know it's a spaghetti situation for more serious simmers.
Maybe on our next server !
Always welcome and enjoy the merge !
Cheers
you could implement different skins for the two coalitions.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:31 AM   #20
Flighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by razo+r View Post
you could implement different skins for the two coalitions.
I could....

Tags
dogfight, just dogfight, server