We need this a sound mod

this should be our inertial starter and firing up mod..

Sent from my SM-T231 using Tapatalk

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I think that's exactly how it sounds in DCS :lol:.

S!

Gotta agree here... I think ED nailed it! :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I think that's exactly how it sounds in DCS :lol:.

S!

Inertia starter yes but engine sound is quite far from real one.

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

"BF109 K-4 Audio Production 2.0 - DCSW Bf 109 K-4 Sound Mod"

========================================

Not JSGME compatible. I had to create my own JSGME outline myself.

http://www.****************/files/file/2974-bf109-k-4-audio-production-20/

Does not look like it allows hot linking...

from this search :

===========

https://www.google.com/search?q=DCS+Bf+109+sound+mod&rlz=1C1BOHD_enUS487US526&oq=DCS+Bf+109+sound+mod&aqs=chrome..69i57.19383j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

-

https://www.facebook.com/Audio-Productions-DCS-World-20-387172828119043/

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have to agree, the engine kicking in sounds great. Can't really complain about the existing sounds though, but who'd not love that sound track?

The stock sound is more like my two stroke lawn mower.

Nothing like the real thing unfortunately.

I was trying several sound mods made by Diveplane, unfortunately I found all of them unusable. Reason are the sounds are not well balanced in various engine regimes: sometimes to loud, sometimes too low and strange transitions

I do have excellent sound peripherals (soundcard Creative + headset Plantronics) and they are simply "crying". I do prefer ED sounds over those by far.

Edited by Abburo
  • Like 1

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

^ My observations as well. That, coupled with the fact that their creator turned out to be arrogant primadonna, considering himself to be Jesus Christ incarnation of sound modding (with no basis in reality I'd say), left some bad taste in my mouth.

That's why I'm still using stock sounds, although Stuka's mod from this thread is very promising (I don't like all of the samples, so I'm figuring out how to leave preferred ones) and I'm eagerly waiting for Jafa's Merlin mod. Both shape up to be much better than Diveplane's offerings.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I'm using stukas sounds for external stuff but left the internal ones stock. Just delete what you don't want from the folder and install it with jsgme. Works fine. :)

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

I don't necessarily think any of them are bad so to speak. I actually quite like parts of alot of them. However I would agree that most of them don't quite sound like a DB605 to me.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

There's no chance anyone will be able to come up with a definite 'realistic' sound without the ability to make dozens of high quality sound recordings and the skillset of a professional audio engineer. That said it's close to impossible for modders to acchieve that kind of accurancy with only basic means.

As far as cockpit sounds are concerned there are some good recordings availabel from G-2 Black 6 or from G-4 Red 7 of the Messerschmittstiftung. The real problem starts to arise with the external engine sounds since they're hard to capture when the actual airplane is in motion.

Another issue lies in the sound script of DCS. Due to the way it's setup the Bf109 K4 shares sounds with the P-51 and Fw 190 which makes it difficult to replace them without messing with the other aircrafts. Also, as said earlier in the thread, the starter sound is also heavily scripted in a way that makes it difficult to recreate it accurately.

I would appreciate if ED took the time to revisit these sounds like they did with the P-51 but at the same time I do not see that happening in near future.

• Like 1

Creator of the

Immersive Daimler Benz Soundmod

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To be entirely honest, I've not a sausage how the real one sounds when in the cockpit.

It certainly isn't going to sound like it does on the various go-pro videos from inside the cockpit.

I've also seen videos of BST going off and getting sound samples, I suspect ED operate in the same way, and I'd wager a company throwing some money and a team at it can probably* do a better job of getting accurate sounds than a chap doing it for free and chopping up sound samples in his bedroom/house.

*There are exceptions.

• ED Team
Recently posted, but deleted by Admin due to mentioning other games.

So I deleted the name of the game to fulfill forum rules.

q6SgZVu.png

You are very close to one of the forum rules violation, I think... I mean that you state the informaton born by yourself and very far from reality.

I give you a chance to make your own investigation - try to answer several questions:

what are the relations between TFC and ED;

what is the name of the airshow TFC organizes every summer;

what planes were at the show, for example, in last three years.

So, we all will be waiting for your answer...

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

• ED Team
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fighter_Collection

DCS Bf109 released 2014, last Bf109 flight at Flying Legends in 2015. Today 2017 and still no proper sound in DCS. I will be very, very glad if I’m wrong with previous post and someone will finally make sound records with new sounds for DCS Bf109K.

What sound do you consider as "proper"?

And by the way, you are deeply wrong again... or are trying to supply us with improper information... Dora was beta-released in 2014, not 109.

Edited by Yo-Yo
  • Like 1

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

• ED Team
I don't wont to argue with you here. My info is late 2014. but it doesn't matter after all. We are here to discuss something else, remember?

Have you stated that the sounds for DCS 109 was not recorded from the 109?

I know exactly that it's a wrong statement. You have a choice: to disavow it or to face a moderator.

• ED Team
There's no chance anyone will be able to come up with a definite 'realistic' sound without the ability to make dozens of high quality sound recordings and the skillset of a professional audio engineer. That said it's close to impossible for modders to acchieve that kind of accurancy with only basic means.

You mean like ED, who has access to aircraft and a professional audio engineer?

this is Belsimtek, but pretty much the same things ED goes through.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=109952

DCS Me 109K-4 was recorded from an actual 109 as well. So.... what were we talking about again?

Edited by NineLine

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Ehm... Right. The same engineer, who used generic, known from other games, non-RRMerlin sample for ExIn2.wav in second revision of Spitfire soundset (changed to more relevant one in the third revision I admit). Just sayin'...

Having access to aircraft for recording sessions is one thing, but processing these well into good samples is completely different kettle of fish, especially when working on a sound code which I'm sure still has roots in LockOn era. Gumidek might go too far in suggesting that 109 sounds were not recorded off the real thing, but ED-developed modules have never been the industry benchmark in engine sounds department (prop or jet ones, doesn't matter) and 109 soundset is also a bit of a mixed bag, quality-wise (note I haven't mentioned Belsimtek).

I use it anyway, because it has carefully adjusted volume levels and sample transitions done better than custom, modded sounds. Nevertheless, one can just watch (and listen) again "One Summer, Two Messerschmitts" DVD, produced by TFC guys themselves, recording the Black 6 and Blue 8 with certainly something better than GoPro camera, to notice that DCS 109 sounds are not state-of-the-art in all situations, angles, distances and fall somewhat shorter compared the competition from the "other", also Russian, WWII sim dev studio.

There's always room for improvement and If we just keep on patting on the back and pretend everything's perfect, DCS will never develop into something even better than it already is.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.