-= ACG MigVsSaber Server (EU) =- - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

View Poll Results: Shall we add the "Label Mod"?
Yes 41 40.20%
No 61 59.80%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-04-2016, 12:14 PM   #21
Ramsay

Reputation power: 10
Ramsay is just really niceRamsay is just really niceRamsay is just really niceRamsay is just really niceRamsay is just really niceRamsay is just really niceRamsay is just really niceRamsay is just really nice

Setting up GCI for the L-39 might not be that simple as I'm having issues setting up frequencies and getting replies in 1.5.4. I've had success with the E-2 but wasn't able to set matching channel frequencies and have them work with certainty - it was very much 'trial and error'.
Ramsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 02:47 PM   #22
Spectrum Legacy

Reputation power: 4
Spectrum Legacy has a spectacular aura aboutSpectrum Legacy has a spectacular aura aboutSpectrum Legacy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsay View Post
Setting up GCI for the L-39 might not be that simple as I'm having issues setting up frequencies and getting replies in 1.5.4. I've had success with the E-2 but wasn't able to set matching channel frequencies and have them work with certainty - it was very much 'trial and error'.
I'm not very experienced in the mission editor, so I don't know what might cause the issue. The multiplayer mission in question is utilising the awacs plane and Mig21 has channel 0 set to 124Mhz AM for communications with it, which works. I've loaded up the singleplayer mission of Mig21 module called Intercept, swapped Mig21 with L39ZA and edited radio preset on radio station channel 0 to 124Mhz and awacs responded to me every time. I'm using the simulation preset, so no easy comms, radio assists etc.
Spectrum Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 12:34 AM   #23
Ramsay

Reputation power: 10
Ramsay is just really niceRamsay is just really niceRamsay is just really niceRamsay is just really niceRamsay is just really niceRamsay is just really niceRamsay is just really niceRamsay is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrum Legacy View Post
The multiplayer mission in question is utilising the awacs plane and Mig21 has channel 0 set to 124Mhz AM for communications with it, which works.
The ACG F-5 vs MiG-21, Tiger vs Fishbed server uses
  • A ground based EWR_1L13 for Redfor GCI with it's default freq. 124MHz.
  • A airborne E-2D for Blufor AWACS on 251MHz
Although I couldn't receive the GCI station parked at Sochi-Adler once airborne, the L-39ZA with channel 0 edited to 124 MHz, worked for AWACS/GCI calls.

As the mission is WIP I'm sure it'll be fixed on the next pass.

Last edited by Ramsay; 08-05-2016 at 12:40 AM.
Ramsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 09:04 AM   #24
ACG_IronJockel

Reputation power: 5
ACG_IronJockel has a spectacular aura aboutACG_IronJockel has a spectacular aura aboutACG_IronJockel has a spectacular aura aboutACG_IronJockel has a spectacular aura aboutACG_IronJockel has a spectacular aura about

The server now rotates between a "Korea" and a "Virtnam" scenario.
I chnaged the freq. of the albertros. Pls check and report back, because i don't own this aircraft. I can't test this myself.

I hope you enjoy the server!
Old 08-05-2016, 09:18 AM   #25
golani79

Reputation power: 6
golani79 is a jewel in the roughgolani79 is a jewel in the roughgolani79 is a jewel in the roughgolani79 is a jewel in the roughgolani79 is a jewel in the roughgolani79 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks!
Nice work with the servers - keep it up!

Old 08-05-2016, 11:49 AM   #26
Spectrum Legacy

Reputation power: 4
Spectrum Legacy has a spectacular aura aboutSpectrum Legacy has a spectacular aura aboutSpectrum Legacy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsay View Post
The ACG F-5 vs MiG-21, Tiger vs Fishbed server uses
  • A ground based EWR_1L13 for Redfor GCI with it's default freq. 124MHz.
  • A airborne E-2D for Blufor AWACS on 251MHz
Although I couldn't receive the GCI station parked at Sochi-Adler once airborne, the L-39ZA with channel 0 edited to 124 MHz, worked for AWACS/GCI calls.

As the mission is WIP I'm sure it'll be fixed on the next pass.
Ah thanks for clarification. I didn't realise that ewr/gci utilises the same comm channel called awacs!

I know it is not much of help, but if you are on the ground with L39 and the radio is deaf, make sure you have enabled battery, both invertors and the radio station. At least I sometimes have forgotten the invertors, when in mood of just sitting on the ground and talking via radio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACG_IronJockel View Post
The server now rotates between a "Korea" and a "Virtnam" scenario.
I chnaged the freq. of the albertros. Pls check and report back, because i don't own this aircraft. I can't test this myself.

I hope you enjoy the server!
Just tested all 4 L39 slots, awacs communicated all the time from the ground, so all works great - noticed as well the soloflight+no ifr hood slots!

Cheers for the sehr geil server, I personally love it because of the no-bs attitude (no external views and other crutches enabled)! However some people reported lower-than-ideal fps because of those huge regiments of ground units in rectangle shaped formations, if they are still there in the same numbers. Maybe they are just temporary, or for weapons blast radius / effectiveness testing? I thought nuke testing included targets in circular pattern, not dense rectangle, but I'm no expert!

Thanks again and keep it up!
Spectrum Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 03:58 PM   #27
Decibel dB

Decibel dB has a spectacular aura aboutDecibel dB has a spectacular aura aboutDecibel dB has a spectacular aura aboutDecibel dB has a spectacular aura about

Thank you
Decibel dB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 04:30 PM   #28
ACG_IronJockel

ACG_IronJockel has a spectacular aura aboutACG_IronJockel has a spectacular aura aboutACG_IronJockel has a spectacular aura aboutACG_IronJockel has a spectacular aura aboutACG_IronJockel has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrum Legacy View Post
Ah thanks for clarification. I didn't realise that ewr/gci utilises the same comm channel called awacs!

However some people reported lower-than-ideal fps because of those huge regiments of ground units in rectangle shaped formations, if they are still there in the same numbers. Maybe they are just temporary, or for weapons blast radius / effectiveness testing? I thought nuke testing included targets in circular pattern, not dense rectangle, but I'm no expert!
These Units become active and go into the city if one of their group gets destroyed.
I made them this way to give players the possibility to attack them before they can move in.
But if people are having fps problems I just make a respawn function.
Old 08-09-2016, 03:09 PM   #29
MAD-MM

MAD-MM is a jewel in the roughMAD-MM is a jewel in the roughMAD-MM is a jewel in the roughMAD-MM is a jewel in the roughMAD-MM is a jewel in the roughMAD-MM is a jewel in the rough

Sadly since change to Korea map the server is empty, would be not more useful to run MIGvsF-5 after it is a new module for the next few weeks only?
There is only second server out there, with this scenario with unrealistic settings.
Would prefer to run this again was much fun with plenty of players.
greetings

9./JG27
MAD-MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:35 AM   #30
UVP/Mechan

UVP/Mechan is on a distinguished road

Best server. Is it possible LotAtc?
I propose to abolish all exterior views.

Last edited by UVP/Mechan; 08-10-2016 at 08:37 AM.
UVP/Mechan is offline   Reply With Quote