Force a one time only spawn point? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-21-2017, 11:07 PM   #1
Cap'n kamikaze

Reputation power: 5
Cap'n kamikaze has a spectacular aura aboutCap'n kamikaze has a spectacular aura aboutCap'n kamikaze has a spectacular aura aboutCap'n kamikaze has a spectacular aura about
Default Force a one time only spawn point?

Is there a way in a custom mission to force the spawn point of human controlled flights to be "take off from runway" when the mission starts up, and then after a timer, say 5 minutes, to have any respawning done at the ramp so the runway doesn't get obstructed?

The reason I ask is I set up a co-op mission derived from an SP mission, and its a scramble to intercept an incoming raid on the base, and in SP it is "take off from runway", basically like an alert intercept that's sat at the bottom end of a runway, but in MP it automatically changes that to starting in a hangar, even though in the ME it says "take off from runway" meaning you lose time for taxiing out.
Cap'n kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 08:40 PM   #2
[Maverick]
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 35
[Maverick] is a name known to all[Maverick] is a name known to all[Maverick] is a name known to all[Maverick] is a name known to all[Maverick] is a name known to all[Maverick] is a name known to all[Maverick] is a name known to all[Maverick] is a name known to all[Maverick] is a name known to all[Maverick] is a name known to all[Maverick] is a name known to all

The only way this would be possible would be by using a script with the mission.

Ciribob made a fantastic script that activates or deactivates player slots by the use of flags.

You can read up more about it and how it works here - https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...ght=slot+block

104th Phoenix Squadron Leader / Total Poser

"Dammit Jim, I'm a Squadron Leader, not a software developer!"

www.104thPhoenix.com
www.facebook.com/104thPhoenix
104th F-15C Skin
My YouTube Channel
[Maverick] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:02 PM   #3
Cap'n kamikaze

Cap'n kamikaze has a spectacular aura aboutCap'n kamikaze has a spectacular aura aboutCap'n kamikaze has a spectacular aura aboutCap'n kamikaze has a spectacular aura about

Thanks Mav
Old 11-22-2017, 11:33 PM   #4
Grimes
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 150
Grimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud of

Take-off from runway does not work in MP at all. It automatically sets the aircraft to a ramp position with weapons running. It is done like this so that players don't accidentally spawn in right as another player or AI is landing.
Grimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 11:21 PM   #5
Cap'n kamikaze

Then perhaps that needs to be allowed as an override option to mission builders, for exactly the reason I posted, such as a two person co-op, so that you can simulate QRA type intercepts in MP without having to taxi out.