Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9 - Page 395 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-15-2017, 11:17 AM   #3941
Tyrant07

Reputation power: 1
Tyrant07 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRaza View Post
Well if the fighters aren't flying CAP for strikers what else would they possibly be doing XD
Swarming the skies like seagulls from Finding Nemo looking for an Air Quake.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:37 AM   #3942
AbortedMan

Reputation power: 6
AbortedMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant07 View Post
Swarming the skies like seagulls from Finding Nemo looking for an Air Quake.
Ironically, if they'd just support the mission objective they'd find more action than anywhere else.
AbortedMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 08:54 AM   #3943
HawkCZ6

Reputation power: 0
HawkCZ6 is on a distinguished road

Any chance of getting Caucasus blueflag back with 1.5.8?
HawkCZ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 09:02 AM   #3944
DanielNL

DanielNL can only hope to improve

But we have Dynamic DCS (check the multiplayer thread I created), there is slingloading and Combined Arms (1st person for slingloaded vehicles) too! A little better than OP BF almost!! Only GCI is missing...
DanielNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 02:39 AM   #3945
kobeshow

Reputation power: 4
kobeshow will become famous soon enoughkobeshow will become famous soon enough

Jup, and no lives limit which just makes it fighterspam. If 16AGR get lives going and force people to pick one side for a round, then it would be way more meaningful. Right now it is little more than a training ground for coordinated attacks on objectives, which is still something (;
Old 12-03-2017, 06:50 AM   #3946
Frostie
Veteran

Reputation power: 102
Frostie has much to be proud ofFrostie has much to be proud ofFrostie has much to be proud ofFrostie has much to be proud ofFrostie has much to be proud ofFrostie has much to be proud ofFrostie has much to be proud ofFrostie has much to be proud ofFrostie has much to be proud ofFrostie has much to be proud ofFrostie has much to be proud of

Yes a lives system would do wonders.
Just flown there last night, great server fantastic mission but the single fighter type at each airbase is a bit non team focused, almost forcing you to fly solo.
It could do with having several of each main fighter and Striker based at critical bases such as Anapa and Vaziani this would give a bit of incentive to fly a proper cap or cas over long distance, less spam, more team work.
As it is now it is an airquake for solo ground pounders constantly spamming the enemy base from next door with AGM and ARM, dieing rinse and repeat until closure.
"FROSTIE" #55
Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10
www.51st.org
Frostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 07:09 PM   #3947
Cisco

Cisco has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I miss BF. can we move it back to the open beta to see if it works?
Old 12-10-2017, 08:18 PM   #3948
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 12
Ciribob is just really niceCiribob is just really niceCiribob is just really niceCiribob is just really niceCiribob is just really niceCiribob is just really niceCiribob is just really niceCiribob is just really niceCiribob is just really niceCiribob is just really niceCiribob is just really nice

I'll try again when openbeta gets merged, hopefully this week but not that hopeful... 2.1 BF is still up though

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 08:51 PM   #3949
kobeshow

Reputation power: 4
kobeshow will become famous soon enoughkobeshow will become famous soon enough

2.1 is nice and all but not only is it limiting in terms of the map, but also in terms of planes. I get that people have been asking for this kind of setup and I am glad that they got their wish fulfilled, but pretty much no one who I got to know via BlueFlag is playing there. Ever since BF went down on Caucasus it killed the enjoyment of DCS Multiplayer for alot of people, and I personally am really torn as to wether I should pump more money into DCS when the part that I would invest in is more or less ignored by ED.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:07 PM   #3950
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 12
Ciribob is just really niceCiribob is just really niceCiribob is just really niceCiribob is just really niceCiribob is just really niceCiribob is just really niceCiribob is just really niceCiribob is just really niceCiribob is just really niceCiribob is just really niceCiribob is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobeshow View Post
2.1 is nice and all but not only is it limiting in terms of the map, but also in terms of planes. I get that people have been asking for this kind of setup and I am glad that they got their wish fulfilled, but pretty much no one who I got to know via BlueFlag is playing there. Ever since BF went down on Caucasus it killed the enjoyment of DCS Multiplayer for alot of people, and I personally am really torn as to wether I should pump more money into DCS when the part that I would invest in is more or less ignored by ED.
I wouldnt say its ignored... there is literally a patch on openbeta waiting to merge to stable which i'll wait to test in We'll also have the merge soon, plus a new / updated caucasus which'll mean that stability will be easier to achieve.

Nevada BlueFlag as I've said before was a quick mission to basically leave some form of Jet BlueFlag running while 1.5 becomes stable.

I know its not everyones cup of tea, but time is limited (working on SRS as well as other scripts) and I dont want to start the 1.5 map from scratch as it was a lot of work. From the last test, the mission we'd built up didnt run well performance wise, which is due to Radars and number of units.

If we cant get it running soon - we'll maybe look at taking the existing map but removing all the EWRs and Radar SAMs - leaving just IR and AAA (shilka vulcan etc) like Nevada but with the more modern variants. Plane set would stay the same (apart from harrier addition)

Don't worry, its not dead or abandoned. It's nice to hear it means a lot to people!

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote