Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

SC and ED :)

I haven't settled on a control layout yet as I haven't set my space-pit up! I fly decoupled and I think the first layout I'll be trying is:

Right Hand

X Axis = Yaw

Y Axis = Pitch

Brake Lever = Forward Thrust

Left Hand

X Axis = Horizontal Thrust

Y Axis = Vertical Thrust

Brake Lever = Reverse Thrust/Space brake

Pedals = Roll

I think the levers will not be too well suited for something thats used practically the whole time.

But try it out and let us know. The levers could be useful for something like zoom in when properly implemented like it is in BOS for example.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the levers will not be too well suited for something thats used practically the whole time.

But try it out and let us know. The levers could be useful for something like zoom in when properly implemented like it is in BOS for example.

Quite possibly! As I'll be using relative throttle/decoupled, so you don't have to hold the throttle in place, but instead just pull the lever to accelerate and then you can let go and you'll maintain your speed. The levers will only be used when speed adjustments are necessary.

Still it might not be the best layout, but I'm looking forward to trying a few things. If you get a decent layout figured out, could you fill in the the MT-50 mapping templates and share with us? :smilewink:

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have still not received my shipping notice. Order date: 13-APR-2017

Am I the only one still waiting for an order that old?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Email me your order number to sale@virpil.com please and I'll check this out for you :)

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ED is an odd game - once you understand how thrusters work in ED (it's not Newtonian, well, not quite, anyway...), you'll understand why that would, actually, work. You'd just need a bind for 0% throttle too, to make life easy. Really, you just need 0%, 25%, 75%, and 100% throttle settings.

Z...

Replied to your email - your order has already been shipped out :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I believe you said new orders are going out this week, as well? I just placed an order last week, so I would assume it'll take some time to get to me

Things were pushed back slightly due to the issue with the cams, if you email sale@virpil.com I can find out roughly where in the queue you are at the moment. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Replied to your email - your order has already been shipped out :)

Got my stick today. I need to put in softer springs and center cam. Now I have to locate the post where Cyph3er demonstrated the process. This should be a downloadable document or video on the VIRPIL site.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Got my stick today. I need to put in softer springs and center cam. Now I have to locate the post where Cyph3er demonstrated the process. This should be a downloadable document or video on the VIRPIL site.

Here is the link:

https://virpil.com/images/support/VPC-MongoosT-50-BASE-Quick-Start---ENG.pdf

Pitch cam is hard to put in the first time around, but you can work it in with some elbow grease.

I am going to do the same, soon as I get my replacement cams. I want to put in the softer springs and soft center cams. Even running the 175mm extension the spring force is still pretty strong with the default springs and the center a little too defined with the stock cams for my taste. Stick still flies fantastic though, and am really looking forward to making these changes.

I am dreading it as I have lost a significant portion of my eyesight and difficult for me to see now, hoping I can handle it ok though.

Let us know how you make out with it.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I am dreading it as I have lost a significant portion of my eyesight and difficult for me to see now, hoping I can handle it ok though.

Don - if you are in NYC area, drop me a PM when you get your cams from VirPil, we can meet and I can swap the cams for you if you need help.

Cheers!

Don - if you are in NYC area, drop me a PM when you get your cams from VirPil, we can meet and I can swap the cams for you if you need help.

Cheers!

Thanks so much for the offer!

However I am not quite near there - Sunny Florida here.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Anyone have any tips for calibration? I got my T50 yesterday and installed the two-dot cams, and softest springs, with a 50mm extention. My goal is to set it up for fast-jet control with a short control throw.

My first quick testing flights in the su-27 were really...off, the jet just wanted to pitch up completely, like the T50 was sending constant Y-axis spikes to it. Axis curve tuning showed it was fine though, but for the life of me I couldn't get it to fly straight.

Is DXtweak the preferred method of checking what the stick is sending out? Any help appreciated.

Anyone have any tips for calibration? I got my T50 yesterday and installed the two-dot cams, and softest springs, with a 50mm extention. My goal is to set it up for fast-jet control with a short control throw.

My first quick testing flights in the su-27 were really...off, the jet just wanted to pitch up completely, like the T50 was sending constant Y-axis spikes to it. Axis curve tuning showed it was fine though, but for the life of me I couldn't get it to fly straight.

Is DXtweak the preferred method of checking what the stick is sending out? Any help appreciated.

It was suggested above to use DXTweak. I assume with soft springs, you need to be REALLY careful with roll/pitch inputs - there is only 15 degrees of travel in either direction. Even on unloaded default springs, I was pushing into 6-7g territory without realizing it...

Are you used to flying the Su-27? It requires constant trim on the pitch axis..

Asus Maximus Hero VIII - 6700K @4.7GHz cooled by a Fractal Design Kelvin S36 - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8GB - 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz RAM - Samsung 850 Pro 240GB SSD - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD - WD RED 3 TB HDD - TM Warthog HOTAS - VPC T-50 stick and base - Baur BRD-F1 rudder pedals - Oculus rift CV1

Perhaps just test another plane quickly, or check DXtweak for any crazy inputs.

Here's a formation flight in the SU-27 which includes the VPC team flying with the MongoosT-50!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

lol yea, that would be a bit of a long drive;) You mentioned customs here in NY so I figured you are somewhere around.

Yeah I was surprised it went though NY, normally my packages coming from overseas come through Miami.

Thanks again though, hopefully I will be able to manage it myself. It will be interesting to see.

Don B

You can get a pretty good idea even just viewing the movement in the windows joystick game controller settings. Just don't try to calibrate from in there, it does not play well with the paddle as it sees the button press when pulling in as the end of axis travel which is not good.

If it looks smooth in there, and I suspect it will, you probably just need to do some work on your curve setting for the y axis in DCS.

Also check all your controller axis assignment and make sure DCS did not assign some duplicates. I had to clear some of those out when I first got my Mongoose hooked up.

Edited by dburne

Don B

Stick with base, two mounts and a throttle plate.

Ah that's pretty much bang on then!

I'm going to need replacement cams, what's the process for requesting them? Also, witht he alternate springs, I only got 1 of each (red and white), is that correct? Seems like they ought to come in pairs.

Yes they should be in pairs. Please email sale@virpil.com with your order number and mention the springs as well please!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]