Issue with TM Warthog HOTAS and TFRP Pedals

Notso

Hi all, I apologize if this has been addressed before. If so, please point me to the appropriate thread.

I'm new to DCS (F/A-18C and A-10C) and am trying to go in whole Hog (sts) with VR and the TM Warthog Stick and Throttle. They both work great, no issues. But I added a set of the TM TFRP pedals and I cannot get them to work. The pedals seem to cause a conflict somewhere and they act like the throttle control. I downloaded the TARGET SW, but not sure what to do with it as all the buttons can be mapped in DCS directly.

All three devices seem to respond appropriately in Windows game controller configuration window in Settings. But obviously the pedal and the throttle axes seem to overlap.

How do I setup the configuration (and where) to get the TFRP pedals to respond correctly? Huge thanks in advance!

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Clear the TPR associations, better the whole (TPR)category, buttons and axis. Then reassign the axis.

The default mapping is wrong.

Fox

Yep, that. He's got a TFRP not a TPR, but the advice still applies.

I have found that even when I clear out various settings, they come back after certain DCS OB updates, so always best to check on a regular basis.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Thanks for the replies. When you say clear out the mapping, are you doing this through the DCS control menu or in the Thrustmaster TARGET menu?

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Thanks for the replies. When you say clear out the mapping, are you doing this through the DCS control menu or in the Thrustmaster TARGET menu?

In DCS controls. What are you using TARGET for? Never seen the need to use it at all in DCS.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I'm using DCS controls - Not TARGET.

I finally got the pedals working (axis mapping issues) but I cannot get the toe brakes to work now. Anyone have any ideas? I've tried mapping each toe brake push to the L/R brake control, but nothing happens. Are toe brakes also an axis command?

I'm using DCS controls - Not TARGET.

I finally got the pedals working (axis mapping issues) but I cannot get the toe brakes to work now. Anyone have any ideas? I've tried mapping each toe brake push to the L/R brake control, but nothing happens. Are toe brakes also an axis command?

So you have TFRP pedals, TMWH Throttle, and TMWH Stick showing on the controls page?

If that's the case you may need to assign the axis manually. Double click the "Wheel Brake Left" cell in the TFRP pedals column. Select Joy_X or Joy_Y in the "Button" drop down menu.

Hope this works out.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

So you have TFRP pedals, TMWH Throttle, and TMWH Stick showing on the controls page?

If that's the case you may need to assign the axis manually. Double click the "Wheel Brake Left" cell in the TFRP pedals column. Select Joy_X or Joy_Y in the "Button" drop down menu.

Hope this works out.

Hi SGT Coyle,

Yes, great advice! I assigned the X and Y axises for the rudder toe brakes and they work - sort of. I assigned Joy_X for Right and Y for left. All is fine except now it is just Brakes ON. Releasing the toe brakes doesn't seem to allow the brakes to release. I have to go into the keyboard setting for just the generic Brakes ON/OFF button and that will release the brakes once I apply the toe brakes. No clue what's going on. I can physically "see" the rudder toe brakes moving when I press and release. IOW, the toe brake depiction in the VR cockpit is moving correctly, but the brakes remain ON even with my feet off the rudder pedals unless I use the keyboard button to turn then OFF. So the toe brakes on the rudder pedals seem to be a one-way thing only.

Weird gremlins or most likely just newbie user error.

Edited by Notso

Go into "Axis Tune" for each and set the axis to "Slider" as opposed to "Curve". Also the action may need to be "Inverted".

Weird gremlins or most likely just newbie user error.

Sounds like "newbie error". Don't worry. DCS is not newbie friendly.

But, we are.

Welcome to the suck!

Edited by SGT Coyle

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

• 2 weeks later...

Cool, thanks. I'll try that.

Edited by Notso

Go into "Axis Tune" for each and set the axis to "Slider" as opposed to "Curve". Also the action may need to be "Inverted".

Sounds like "newbie error". Don't worry. DCS is not newbie friendly.

But, we are.

Welcome to the suck!

Still no luck. I set the pedals to slider and tried both inverted and not inverted. The toe brakes still only work one way - ON. There is no way to get them to stop braking unless you use the button for Brakes ON/OFF. Very frustrating! Any other suggestion?

Thanks.

Still no luck. I set the pedals to slider and tried both inverted and not inverted. The toe brakes still only work one way - ON. There is no way to get them to stop braking unless you use the button for Brakes ON/OFF. Very frustrating! Any other suggestion?

Thanks.

One thing you could look at, as I remember this happening to me when I had the TFRP pedals, are you sure the switch on the RJ12 adapter is set to Airplane and not Car?

If that doesn't work, can you tell us what you see when you go to the pedals Control Panel as per the attachment?