Cougar throttle mapping/sensitivity?

Cold_Steel

Hi All,

As per the title I’ve got the Cougar throttle and stick. I’m struggling with the Mig-29 and SU-33 on the throttle abs making very small adjustments in speed for formation flying. Sometimes a tiny movement adds loads of speed other times you need an inch of travel to move a few knots.

Now I’m completely and utterly aware this is also air raft dependent, load out dependent for drag and altitude as well. I mean ‘general’ regardless of those variables I find the cougar not very responsive for formation flying.

Now as a baseline I used another generic throttle without missing anything and it’s smoother and MUCH easier to formation fly.

Are there any settings in DCS/Windows 10 for the Cougar to be tweaked??

Thanks all,

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cougar throttle has a low resolution of 8-bits (256 values), the "generic" throttle probably has a higher resolution of 10 bits (1024) or more.

I modded my throttle with a pro-micro and MMjoy2 firmware to make it 10-bit and standalone, from 8 to 10 bits it is noticeably smoother in output.

i7 7700k, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080, 500 GB NVMe m.2 SSD, Trackir 3 Pro, Gunfighter Mk I w/MCG; Mod. TM Cougar throttle and Mod. CH Pro Pedals w/Pro Micro + MMjoy2, Nostromo n52

Cold steel be sure that, when using Cougar throttle, you don't have a curve on the axis by default. (or deadzone / saturation - you must have a clean linear input)

Hey buddy appreciate the response and I think I understand what your saying but just clarify for me if ya wouldn’t mind?

Are you saying I need to add a curve in?

Thanks!

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk