RED FLAG - An F/A-18 NTTR Mission by Sedlo

Hi R.MES!

Thanks, I'm glad it worked well (for the most part). I'll address the comments below:

1. Yep, the wingman is almost completely useless in this mission. Things have changed with DCS since this mission was first made, and it's a bit of a hit or miss situation now. Best not to rely on them, or just send them after some bandits in the meantime. I'll have to have another look at this mission in the future.

2. I've set this mission to be black dot labels for all aircraft to try and make it real as I can. But in order to set black labels, it will prevent the player from selecting the normal labels. I was told that having black labels would be something incorporated in DCS soon, but it haven't happened yet. I'm hoping that this change happens in the near future, so perhaps this can be addressed soon.

3. I'll have another look at the refuel option, I'm not sure if there has a been a DCS change yet. The way it was originally written is for "Alley Cat" to ask you if you want to refuel, you then answer with the yes or no. Once Alleycat tells you to push to the tanker frequency, you then push to tanker and THEN send your wingman to refuel. That way worked for me in the past, I'm not sure if there have been changes that made that different now.

4. Sounds like you did it right. If you were close to the base and you were offset to the right, that trigger may have fired. (if you're not overhead the actual runway (21L if I recall), then you may accidently fire the wrong trigger. Have a look if you've got TACVIEW, or if you recall being offset the right at all.

5. No idea at all! Could be a carryover of a mission written in an earlier version?

Thanks for your comments, I will have a dig into this mission on the weekend and see if there is anything I can adjust.

Cheers for now,

SEDLO

(BTW, sorry it took a day for the response, it seems the email notifications aren't working with the new forums)

Hi R.MES!

I've only got a 1080p monitor, so the black dots appear for me when the aircraft are within about 10 miles. It's quite likely any resolution larger than that they will be harder to see, but I don't have the option to test. I will have another look next day off.

As far as the overhead break trigger misfire, I think I know a way around it, and I'll try and incorporate that into the mission, next chance I get.

Thanks for flying, and I really do appreciate the feedback.

Cheers,

SEDLO

2- Don't see any "black dot labels" in this mission or the 2nd Red Flag mission I played too (by the way great mission also !)

4- You're right, I was slightly on the right of the runway before the left break

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/24/2020 at 11:23 PM, Sedlo said:

Hi R.MES!

I've only got a 1080p monitor, so the black dots appear for me when the aircraft are within about 10 miles. It's quite likely any resolution larger than that they will be harder to see, but I don't have the option to test. I will have another look next day off.

As far as the overhead break trigger misfire, I think I know a way around it, and I'll try and incorporate that into the mission, next chance I get.

Thanks for flying, and I really do appreciate the feedback.

Cheers,

SEDLO

Hi Sedlo, I've just flown both of your F-18 Red Flag missions again and they are both amazing. Easily the best and most realistic experience I've had in DCS. I just had to add some ground statics to make it slightly less barren at Nellis but apart from that it's just amazing work. Is there any more plans to do anything realistic with NTTR? I love the whole Red Flag/ Agressors thing. Having now tried the F-15 DLC campaign for Red Flag, the F-18 Red Flag missions by beppe_goodoldrebe and yours, I would say yours stands out as the best and most immersive by a country mile. The voice comms everywhere are so good and believable! Love the odd chatter on the radio taken from the real Red Flag comms. And not having to press space bar every time to talk is super nice too. Anyway, hats off. It's shame you only have 2 of these missions (not counting the new MiG-29 BFM test out of Groom Lake) 😞

• Like 1