Yet another warthog slew upgrade

Deltaalphalima1

Sorry to hear you have been having some issues, I have sent you an email with some troubleshooting steps. Hopefully we will be able to get it up and running for you soon.

Yup i got it, I took a closer (less frustrated) look at it and replied

just a dude who probably doesn't know what he's talking about

Hello Damian, I bought recently your TDC upgrade kit , very easy to install and to calibrate. Just wonderinh if there is eventually a recommendation for a mod which makes the movement of the joystick a bit heavy, like a dusk cover with foam or similar?

Best wishes Björn

Gesendet von meinem CLT-L29 mit Tapatalk

ASUS Maximus XI CODE Z390 | I9 9900K (5GHz)  | G-Skill TridentZ 32GB 4000MHz | RTX 3090Ti | Creative AE-9 | Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 2TB | VR Headset HP Reverb G2 rev2

Just got mine in the mail today. Took all of ten minutes to install (after I had all the tools infront of me). AMAZING UPGRADE! This seriously should have come from the factory. THANK YOU!!!

i9 9900k, H150i AIO, Asus Code XI, 64Gb @ 3200mhz DDR4, FTW3 Hybrid 1080ti, M.2 521Gb OS, M.2 2Tb Games

Rift, Virpil T50, Warthog Throttle, Saitek Pedals, Cougar MFDs

Hello Damian, I bought recently your TDC upgrade kit , very easy to install and to calibrate. Just wonderinh if there is eventually a recommendation for a mod which makes the movement of the joystick a bit heavy, like a dusk cover with foam or similar?

Best wishes Björn

Gesendet von meinem CLT-L29 mit Tapatalk

I did this myself with a little piece of black foam pipe insulation. Works a treat, just gives it a little bit of resistance. I would like to try something a little more dense at some point though

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I did this myself with a little piece of black foam pipe insulation. Works a treat, just gives it a little bit of resistance. I would like to try something a little more dense at some point though
Thanks for the quick response, I will take a look at the DiY market, see what I will find

Send from my space device outside the terrestrial environment

ASUS Maximus XI CODE Z390 | I9 9900K (5GHz)  | G-Skill TridentZ 32GB 4000MHz | RTX 3090Ti | Creative AE-9 | Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 2TB | VR Headset HP Reverb G2 rev2

wow 1500 and counting

Over 1500 units made and dispatched. And I hope all installed as easy as the one I received.

Some time ago I was happy to get number 100 (see page 33)

Fitted without issue, and still working great. So much so I rarely think of it now.

If I come across a module where it does not work as expected, I have lowered the saturation setting and the issue disappears.

If the throttle itself ever caves in and gets replaced be sure to keep this mod (Sorry, I mean buy another)

I have not regretted this purchase and I will not hesitate to recommend it.

Over 1500 units made and dispatched. And I hope all installed as easy as the one I received.

Some time ago I was happy to get number 100 (see page 33)

Fitted without issue, and still working great. So much so I rarely think of it now.

If I come across a module where it does not work as expected, I have lowered the saturation setting and the issue disappears.

If the throttle itself ever caves in and gets replaced be sure to keep this mod (Sorry, I mean buy another)

I have not regretted this purchase and I will not hesitate to recommend it.

Make a device that's useful, in the right price range, that works well and it's no surprise that it's selling well. :thumbup:

Kudos to Deltaalphalima1

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

WOW... just wow. So it was with some degree of trepidation that I rook a screw driver to my warthog throttle today.. but that was an easy install! and the improvement was dramatic what a cool add on!

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Today i recived my mod.

Before i open it i removed USB cable to remove electricity.

Installation was about tricky, especially removing the old sensor.

But after calibration a strange problem occurred(I have never calibrated my joystick or throttle before). When i pushed btn 2 (the one above speed break btn) it was like i pushed btn 2 3 4 5 all at the same time. Two thoughts came to my mind i either managed to damage the circuit board or the calibration did something. But the calibration does not calibrate buttons, only the axles. But after removing calibration and re-plugging it to a new USB port. Everything works as it suppose to now and have not calibrated it. Which i probably wont do.

About the mod, it works like i was hoping for now i can slew the target designator with higher precision.

Edited by Skyracer

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Quick question: Can you run the calibration tool with a broken pinky switch?

Yes that shouldn’t be a problem.

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

www.deltasimelectronics.com

Got mine installed. Excellent fit. I added a piece of foam for some resistance. I also calibrated with the instructions from the PDF. Once I did that I lost some throw in the throttles and slider. I recalibrated with windows and alls work well now.

A suggestion: the thumbstick hat is press on friction fit. I see this wearing out fast. Ecspecially, with folks who like to tinker, like me. Anyway to drill a whole and add a small screw to hold the thumbstick to the hat? It appears the shaft has a whole in it that could take a small screw. This some extra insurance, incase the thumbstick loosens overtime.

Thanks for a great product and consideration.

Reed

8600K|64 GB 3200|4090|m.2

http://www.blacksharkden.com/

Come join us!

Got mine installed. Excellent fit. I added a piece of foam for some resistance. I also calibrated with the instructions from the PDF. Once I did that I lost some throw in the throttles and slider. I recalibrated with windows and alls work well now.

I wouldn't recommend using windows to calibrate, it does weird things to axes. Use the TM calibration tool.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Yet another warthog slew upgrade

Got my slew axis upgrade kit from Delta Sim today. The quality seems very good. Easy to install with good documentation. Restored default settings in USB game controllers. Installed new Thrustmaster drivers. Rebooted. Ran the Throttle Warthog Calibration (V1.07) tool from Delta Sim Electronics homepage.

The button click works and registers as BTN1, but no luck with the axis.

What can I do?

I received my unit today.

Installed very easy but I only have the button working. None of the two axis’s work.

Just like the post I quoted.

Any idea how to fix this?

Kind regards

Jorik

Edited by Jorik

Kind regards

Jorik

Intel i7 8700k 5,0Ghz OC

Nvidia GTX1080Ti

32Gb DDR4 3200Mhz RAM

HP Reverb Pro

Selfmade Alu Rail 4080 mounts

TM HOTAS WARTHOG

Virpil 100mm extension + Virpil VFX + TM F/A-18 Stick

TM MFD's

Saitek Pedals

I received my unit today.

Installed very easy but I only have the button working. None of the two axis’s work.

Just like the post I quoted.

Any idea how to fix this?

Kind regards

Jorik

I've fixed it myself, no idea what the real problem was.

I've reinstalled the original one and upgraded the Firmware again.

After the new firmware upgrade with the original sensor all was well with the new one aswell.

Thanks for this amazing product!!

Best regards

Jorik

Kind regards

Jorik

Intel i7 8700k 5,0Ghz OC

Nvidia GTX1080Ti

32Gb DDR4 3200Mhz RAM

HP Reverb Pro

Selfmade Alu Rail 4080 mounts

TM HOTAS WARTHOG

Virpil 100mm extension + Virpil VFX + TM F/A-18 Stick

TM MFD's

Saitek Pedals

Deltaalphalima1

I got my slew upgrade kit, installed it and it works flawlesly! Perfect.

Any suggestion for the "preferred" cover with square hole or round hole?

Square hole allows axis to move freely and accommodates whole range of axis movement, while round restricts it a bit, does calibration software takes it into account?

Thanks, awesome kit!

P.S. I had a small issue fitting a new sensor into the hole, because apparently my throttle had a small plastic bulge on the ring (injection molding defect?), I had to gently cut it down, then sensor could fit perfectly.

A suggestion: the thumbstick hat is press on friction fit. I see this wearing out fast. Ecspecially, with folks who like to tinker, like me. Anyway to drill a whole and add a small screw to hold the thumbstick to the hat? It appears the shaft has a whole in it that could take a small screw. This some extra insurance, incase the thumbstick loosens overtime.

Thanks for a great product and consideration.

Reed

If the Windows calibration gets it working how you want it then great! Just note it might do some weird stuff if you try to uses it on a different Windows PC without rerunning the calibration.

As for the hat I have had them on and off some of my test parts probably 20 times without any major difference in the fit. The most recent parts now have a CNC machined hole for the sensor shaft so they are a very precise fit. A screw could be used but I would not recommend it as the sensor could very easily be damaged when screwing into the shaft.

Deltaalphalima1

I got my slew upgrade kit, installed it and it works flawlesly! Perfect.

Any suggestion for the "preferred" cover with square hole or round hole?

Square hole allows axis to move freely and accommodates whole range of axis movement, while round restricts it a bit, does calibration software takes it into account?

Thanks, awesome kit!

P.S. I had a small issue fitting a new sensor into the hole, because apparently my throttle had a small plastic bulge on the ring (injection molding defect?), I had to gently cut it down, then sensor could fit perfectly.

For anyone who is not sure I would recommend sticking with the square piece. I only include the circular piece in case anyone is more familiar from Xbox style controllers and prefers that shape.

I think the circle is *technically* more realistic, as the force sensor in the real aircraft is a circle pattern not a square, although since we are using an analog stick not a force sensor I wouldn’t worry about it.

The calibration software does not take it in account - so you will lose some range of motion by using the circular piece.

Order #1796. Holy moly have you sold a bunch of these.

Yup, keeps me busy :D (note that orders started at #1000, so I have "only" sold about 800 :thumbup:)

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

www.deltasimelectronics.com

I dont post very often (or at all) but I just wanted to add my opinion.

I've just received my upgrade (#1596) and it was easy to setup, instructions where clear and it works great. In 30 years of flightsims Ive never modded anything, this was a great start. Keep up the good work!

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | x570 Aorus Pro | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz | RTX 2070 Super | AOC AGON 31.5" 1440p |