BK-90 Mjölnir -- not releasing

pappavis

Getting the BK-90 Mjölnir to relase bomblets is a trial-and-error affair.

sumtimes it releases bomlets, otherwise just overflys.

My target is flat terrain at Kutaisi airport.

Here's what i do;

1. Setup waypoint B3 --> target point B3 --> M3 (TAKT, input, 9, press B3, confirm, swith to output)

2. Setup flight to 150m (TAKT, input, 91150, press confirm button, swith to output)

3. Set disperse mode to wide (TAKT, input, 922, press confirm button, swith to output)

4. Set radar dial to ANF.

5. Fly into general direction <=30 degrees towards the target.

6. Get speed to >=900km/h and altutide 250m

7. Release weapon when <>8km from target.

Sumtimes the BK90s just harmlessly overfly.

Othertimes it drops the motherload as intended. I cant figure out where i'm going wrong.

Sorry, no track available.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

I've run into similar issues, also in multiplayer it never seems to drop bomblets but simply impact and acts as a large bomb itself.

That's how they implemented it for clients in multiplayer due to an issue with it. For the Host or in singleplayer, they work as intended.

I haven't flown the Viggen for quite some time, but I seem to recall that if you drop the BK-90 outside of the drop range (indicated by the horizontal line on the bottom of the HUD) the BK-90 will release but, as you describe, glide over the target without dispensing.

Make sure you are within drop range and please tell me if it works. :)

Here's what i do;

1. Setup waypoint B3 --> target point B3 --> M3 (TAKT, input, 9, press B3, confirm, swith to output)

2. Setup flight to 150m (TAKT, input, 91150, press confirm button, swith to output)

3. Set disperse mode to wide (TAKT, input, 922, press confirm button, swith to output)

4. Set radar dial to ANF.

5. Fly into general direction <=30 degrees towards the target.

6. Get speed to >=900km/h and altutide 250m

7. Release weapon when <>8km from target.

I miss a few steps on your checklist:

- lookup qfe of the target on the kneeboard and input it on the altimeter

- make a navigation fix before arriving to the launch zone.

- Weapon Mode switch (PREP) to VALB position

- Max range is 7 km if dropped at Mach 0.9 the hud shows a distance line that indicates the max launch range.

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Turn ja-väljare to attack

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView