Lock On in Windows 10

Hello Everyone

I'm not sure if I'm going to get lucky here but I'll try....

I recently stumbled across my old Lock On CD. I loved this game back in the day, and really wanted to play it again. It seems i can install the game but it wont launch....

My rig specification is as follows :-

Intel Core i&-2600K @ 3.4GHz

16GB Ram

2 x 232GB OCZ SSD

2 x 1TB Western Digital HDD

1 x Nvidia GTX 1070

1 x Matrox Triple Head

Windows 10 Home

Does anybody have an absolutely definitive guide on how to install and run this game on Windows 10? I've tried compatibility modes and running as an administrator.

Many Thanks

Stu

• ED Team

The question is why?

it is very old and unsupported now.

your rig meets the recommended spec to run DCSWorld which you can try for free if you do not already have it :)

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It seems that it could run, but depend on the specific version you have:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160067

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

The question is why?

your rig meets the recommended spec to run DCSWorld which you can try for free if you do not already have it :)

I guess its a bit of Nostalgia, and I really liked the A10 in the game. I have DCS World, including the Black Shark, I just really loved this game when it came out, as I'm sure many others did.

I also have Lo-Mac on CD, tough I made a ISO backup a couple years ago, when I discarded my DVD drive.

It doesnt have a versión number anywhere, but the readme is dated November 2003.

Just for fun, I tried to install it ... and it actually went trough and installed in under a minute.

I dont have Windows 10 ... I tried it for a few months and disliked its spotty performance, sometimes runs fast, sometimes its just stuck doing nothing ... so I went back to Windows 8.1 ..

... and under this Windows 8.1, found the my LoMac actually runs fine ... but oh my god, what a difference 15 years makes ... this is the menú:

BwJfG9j.jpg

and this is the Su-25T at default 1024 x 768 resolution:

hcKIxy8.jpg

Checked the options and found that it does Support full HD resolution, but there was no way that I could find to get it to recognize my headtracking, but it did recognize my Hotas:

OKJTdbL.jpg

This is the F-15 on 1920x1080:

GRZlb1s.jpg

FtFrj4G.jpg

believe me, DCS with FC3 will give you pretty much the same experience, but with headtracking (or VR) Support and much better graphics and realism (on the flight models).

Cheers! :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...
The question is why?

DCS World has Crimea map now? :music_whistling:

They are not vulching... they are STRAFING!!! :smartass::thumbup:

• 4 months later...
I also have Lo-Mac on CD, tough I made a ISO backup a couple years ago, when I discarded my DVD drive.

It doesnt have a versión number anywhere, but the readme is dated November 2003.

Just for fun, I tried to install it ... and it actually went trough and installed in under a minute.

I dont have Windows 10 ... I tried it for a few months and disliked its spotty performance, sometimes runs fast, sometimes its just stuck doing nothing ... so I went back to Windows 8.1 ..

... and under this Windows 8.1, found the my LoMac actually runs fine ... but oh my god, what a difference 15 years makes ... this is the menú:

BwJfG9j.jpg

and this is the Su-25T at default 1024 x 768 resolution:

hcKIxy8.jpg

Checked the options and found that it does Support full HD resolution, but there was no way that I could find to get it to recognize my headtracking, but it did recognize my Hotas:

OKJTdbL.jpg

This is the F-15 on 1920x1080:

GRZlb1s.jpg

FtFrj4G.jpg

believe me, DCS with FC3 will give you pretty much the same experience, but with headtracking (or VR) Support and much better graphics and realism (on the flight models).

Cheers! :)

Thats version 1.0, once you install a patch Altimeter on the main menu will get a version number on it.

• 8 months later...

A warning to anybody tempted to try installing FC 1 on windows 10.

With 'Lock On' installed for many years, I decided to try it with FC1 added.

After completing the installation, it required a restart, (funny I thought).

It restarted with an, Automatic Repair, running, which finished with 'Automatic Repair couldn't repair your pc'.

The O/S is completely dead. Not a sausage, including all USB ports.

This means that I can't click on the 'Advanced Options' because no mouse.

What to do!

I've run out of ideas, so I've ordered a new OS and SSD, hoping this will get me going again.

Installing FC1. DON'T DO IT.

Update: Maybe just a coincidence, but the SSD with operating system had died.

Edited by Holbeach

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

• 4 weeks later...
A warning to anybody tempted to try installing FC 1 on windows 10.

With 'Lock On' installed for many years, I decided to try it with FC1 added.

After completing the installation, it required a restart, (funny I thought).

It restarted with an, Automatic Repair, running, which finished with 'Automatic Repair couldn't repair your pc'.

The O/S is completely dead. Not a sausage, including all USB ports.

This means that I can't click on the 'Advanced Options' because no mouse.

What to do!

I've run out of ideas, so I've ordered a new OS and SSD, hoping this will get me going again.

Installing FC1. DON'T DO IT.

Update: Maybe just a coincidence, but the SSD with operating system had died.

I don't have a solution to the problem, but I have an idea what may have caused the problem, which may help you search for a solution: the old Star Force anti-piracy licensing system was extremely dangerous. While I never had a problem when I was installing/running LOMAC/FC1/FC2, my wife's PC was wrecked by Star Force when she tried to install Prince of Persia many years ago. If Star Force is the source of the damage, it may not be repairable... it is kind of like a root-kit virus.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, I'm pretty sure Starforce was the problem.

Attempting to load other old games, e.g. GTL, Starforce would prevent loading.

FC1 on the other hand, allowed game loading on the HDD and inserted a small file on the SSD.

From that point on, SSD wasn't seen by the O/S.

The solution was, bin the old 120gb SSD, buy a 500 gb SSD and put a new O/S on it.

The HDD failed about a week later, but I think that was coincidence.

On the plus side, I now have a nice clean pc.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..