FC3 Bug thread

Here is one more bug for debriefing. F-15 was hit and killed by my missile but it was accounted in the log.

I also fell that aircraft roll is jerky between 700-1000Kmph.

su-27 explode.trk

Edited by combatace

SU33 Command IAS is also way to low in LDG mode.

AOA indexer was "On speed" at 290KMH IAS 9Deg Alpha. HUD Command IAS agreed and was calling for 290KMH , Clean SU33 Gear Down Flaps Down until 5.0Km then Command IAS dropped to 250Kmh ! Way to low from On Speed. On Speed via the Indexer is good and equates to 9Deg Alpha.

Seems this is a common issue in all the Russian fighters. I have reported similar issues for both the Mig29 and SU27.

Flying a constant AOA approach works well in these 2 fighters just ignore the erroneous command IAS.

Edited by IvanK

Practicing landing the Su-33 onto the aircraft carrier and I fall through it. This is after the update as of today.

Track

[ATTACH]73303[/ATTACH]

Just done a bunch of normal landings on the carrier using the quick mission with todays update. (Ver 7204)

I'd like to add something, I was a huge fan of gun fighting in FC2 so naturally the first thing I did in FC3 was some gun fighting.

It seems either armor on aircraft has been beefed up or the gun has been nerfed down... I'm not sure which. But I actually *ran out of ammo* trying to kill just 3 mig29's while in an F-15. And I only killed 1, the other 2 were hit but still combat effective. I left them for dead but they kept coming...

In FC2 I was able to kill 4-7 before running out depending on how lucky I got. and by kill I mean kill: crippled or hit bad enough to warrant an ejection; a smattering of bullets would almost always cripple an engine, tear off a wing, kill a pilot, or at least take the fighter out of the picture as a threat. A little dab'll do ya so they say.

Now in FC3 it seems like it takes 1/4 to 1/3 of my ammo to achieve the same effect (airframe damage, engine damage, anything bad enough to make them eject)

I'm pretty sure it's the F-15's gun, as a su-27 also took quite a beating to go down, but I dont know if other a/c's guns are equally as weak; sadly the F-15 is the only one I'm really intimate with.

I can post a track if you require further info (or you wanna see my maddddd dogfighting skills)

Oh? I didn't see it on the list, my apologies.

Also, last I checked the russian planes have a 23mm cannon, on the ' menu it says I got hit with '30mm HE :cry:' that's frightening *imagines what a warthog caliber bullet would do to an F-15*

I'm not sure if its taking 30mm damage, but thats what the report labels it as.

howbout this: Wingman ordered to 'attack bandits' and he fires one AIM120 at both enemy planes... THEN ONE AT ME. Killing me.

Yes I have a track. Even if this is known, watch it for its hilarity. The track is recorded from my wingman's point of view, showing his vagrant fratricide in all its ugly glory.

WHYWOULDYOUDOTHAT.trk

EDIT: he just did it AGAIN. this time, he didn't even attack the enemy, just me. Straight up.

Go into instant action, \ menu, F1 flight, engage bandits. He lights you right up.

Edited by Shein
Added info

Oh? I didn't see it on the list, my apologies.

Also, last I checked the russian planes have a 23mm cannon, on the ' menu it says I got hit with '30mm HE :cry:' that's frightening *imagines what a warthog caliber bullet would do to an F-15*

I'm not sure if its taking 30mm damage, but thats what the report labels it as.

howbout this: Wingman ordered to 'attack bandits' and he fires one AIM120 at both enemy planes... THEN ONE AT ME. Killing me.

Yes I have a track. Even if this is known, watch it for its hilarity. The track is recorded from my wingman's point of view, showing his vagrant fratricide in all its ugly glory.

[ATTACH]73317[/ATTACH]

EDIT: he just did it AGAIN. this time, he didn't even attack the enemy, just me. Straight up.

Go into instant action, \ menu, F1 flight, engage bandits. He lights you right up.

Saw your track its not wingman problem when the missile that hit you was launched it was launched at enemy but the missile tracked you and hit you. This can be problem with missile tracking system or F-15's RADAR where it tracks locks even friends in its FOV and guides missile to a friend.

Just got shot by a strela in A-10A mission. Lost one engine, both rudders were gone,hydraulic failure. I limped back home..in the air...the A-10 felt like a brick....couldn't even make big AOA changes. Anyways...inspite of engine fail, there was no skewing of the plane while i only used the right engine and at full power even. Plane was flying in perfect straight line.

Second...in air...rudder didn't work. As expected. But once i landed...rudder works. I was able to turn etc.

Also...I thought I had to do a belly landing. But the landing gear worked.

track here: http://forum.lockon.ru/showpost.php?p=1602985&postcount=5

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

... Lost one engine, both rudders were gone,hydraulic failure. I limped back home...[/url]

Did you try to repair and to take off again???

I try to repair in multi-player, when i landed turn off both engine (one was shoot down anyway because of fire) call ground crew for ground electric then i call repair and wait for 3 min. After 3 minutes warning lights are off but my master caution alarm never go off. Then i try to start again but my engine (who get repaired) are broken again and can not be repair. I also try to simulate in the single-player and same stuffs happened in the single-player.

Bug: Repair are not working. It will repair you but when you start engines all failures are back.

Edited by Presing

Rocket brigade who retired F-117

..........try to repair in multi-player........

Bug: Repair are not working. It will repair you but when you start engines all failures are back.

Which airframe?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

List Updated:

1 - F15 Gear up = black textures

2 - Mig29S external fuel tanks not displayed on fuel tape # Feature and working as intended - *Under Revision* *Resolved*

3 - F15 ADI switched

4 - F15 Virtual head movement excessive

5 - Russian planes Cannot lock contact in TWS

6 - AK arrestor cables not animated # Fixed in latest revisions.

7 - SU33 loadout indicators reversed in cockpit

8 - Refuelling F15/SU33 buggy

9 - F15 VSD text overlap when STT/Guns

10 - F15 external lights absent in flight

11 - Damage modelling to wheels/landing gear absent

12 - F15 HUD unreadable

13 - Russian planes Nav circle misalignment in ENR/RTN modes

15 - R27ER no loft trajectory *No Bug - As Intended*

16 - Mig31 nosewheel not grounded

17 - Canopy jettison animation wrong

18 - EOS scanning not functional in elevation

19 - SU-27 cockpit textures include English labels. Not consistent translation. Examples: MSL and GUN on the weapons panel

20 - SU27 entire RWR is in English

21 - SU-27 native HUD "ИЗЛ" symbol overlaps over distance scale in BVR mode with Radar on

22 - F15 HUD indications overlapping

23 - Su-25, Su-25T and Mig-29 Caution, Warning and Trim lights are in english instead of russian letters

24 - HUD contacts in front appears also in Rear Aspect Mode.

25 - Frontal aspect HUD contacts appears in Rear radar mode and can be locked

26 - SU33 Green HUD block at night effect

27 - A10 ADI switched

28 - F15 black cockpit pixelation when facing northerly direction (afternoon)

29 - MIG29 Command Airspeed in LDG mode way below minimum

30 - SU27 Command Airspeed in LDG mode slightly below minimum

31 - Graphical glitch (hash marks) in lower centre of SU27 HUD when zoomed out

32 - Graphical glitch (hash marks) in lower centre of SU33 HUD when zoomed out

33 - F15 no drag increase with external fuel tanks

34 - Flyables smoke pod colours are incorrectly designated

35 - Scripting for cobra not present

36 - AIM-120C/R-77 tracks target beyond gimbal limits ONLY IF platform's radar reacquires target *No Bug - As Intended*

37 - Ballistic AIM-120C/R-77 locks target beyond FOV/Gimbal limits ONLY IF platform's radar reacquires target *No Bug - As Intended*

38 - SU27 automated leading edge flaps on flanker are shown in pit instruments as regular flaps

39 - SU27 when leading edge flaps are operational audio is heard for normal flaps

40 - FC2/FC3 mission incompatibility *Resolved*

41 - F-15C CTD initiated by changing the weapons (CTD when the player lock in the NAV mode a target with the radar and change the weapons)

42 - SU33 floating on pitching AK deck

43 - SU27/33 weapon panel characters misalignment if the cockpit illumination is on

44 - G940 HOTAS FFB issues/not functioning correctly

45 - F15 unable to adjust altimeter pressure setting at all. *No Fix required - Not a design feature*

46 - F-15C antenna does not track PTD in elevation with TWS

47 - Air to Air missiles do not have INS *No Fix required - Not a design feature*

48 - ECM uses FC2 behaviour in DCS world

49 - Missiles expend too much speed when turning

50 - Short range missiles do not turn hard enough

51 - Virtual Pilot G-Tolerance is too low

52 - Helicopters are exhibiting stealth characteristics

53 - SU25A Airbrake Pylons keep defaulting to the Russian SU-25 1st skin and the bort numbers become an outline in external view when zoomed out. 54 - SU33/27, Mig29 RWR does not indicate A.I. missile launch

55 - Russian HUD guidance symbology in LNDG mode incorrect - missing glide slope error circle at certain runways

56 - Russian plane pilots have corrupted Pilot head textures at night

57 - Russian planes have corrupted landing light animations - MiG-29A,G/S and Su-27/33 have incorrect landing light animations

58 - Missile HOJ mode not functional

59 - Mig29 incorrect flaps deployed for player-controlled aircraft

60 - Multiplayer datalink not functional for Russian aircraft

61 - F15 no afterburner LED on right panel to indicate burner lit

62 - F15 flaps do not induce any drag

63 - F15 strange attitude/behaviour with crosswind landings

64 - AIM9 drops away before accelerating at launch

65 - Chimney smoke visible through undercast

66 - Mig29 flaps not extending to full 25 degrees

67 - Mig 29 flap extension animation incorrect

68 - Mig29 flaps blown in by wind at very low airspeeds

69 - Mig29 Chaff and Flare loaded amount incorrect when rearming in game, via the radio (Alt + ' ) menu

70 - Russian planes slip indicators and HSI offset from centre

71 - Multiplayer audio from other players not present (drogue chute)

72 - Multiplayer exhaust nozzle expansion not visible to other clients

73 - SU27 gets AoA warning of F15

74 - Water not visible in mirrors of FC3 aircraft

75 - Wingtip vapour effect missing from flyables

76 - SU25A antenna on nose cannot be seen from cockpit

77 - Contrails misaligned/too close to engines of aircraft

78 - Missile smoke discoloured/blue effect

79 - F15 does not repair

80 - Multiplayer clients do not see SU25A/T airbrake deployment

81 - F15 turbine fans not spinning

82 - F15 Gun pipper tracking issue (Impact point below target)

83 - SU27 Engines fully functional even when on fire

84 - SU33 Command IAS too low in LDG mode

85 - SU33 In-cockpit Weapons station indicator has 11 stations lit instead of 12

86 - SU33/27 and Mig29 Missile fire Zone computations bugged

87 - F15 AIR intakes appears to be without any animation.

Edited by 159th_Viper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BUT the turbine fans still do NOT.

Noted.

The other was no air effects at high G.

#75.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS world ver. 1.2.2 and later one has a bug in the atmosphere. What I have noticed is that when clouds exist I see artifact all over screen in game which make it unplayable. If weather in game is clear no problem thought. I am sure many people already notice that! Please investigate.

System specs below

Case - Antec Three Hundred

PSU - Corsair AX750watt

Board - MSI Z170A GAMING PRO

CPU - Intel i5 6600K 3900MHz

Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus

Memory - Kingston HYPERX 16G DDR4 2400Mhz CL15

Graphics - MSI GEFORCE GTX 980 GAMING 4G

SSD - Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2 NVMe

Monitor - Philips 277E 27" 1920x1080 60Hz

OS - Windows 10 Home 64bit

Flight Controllers - Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek COMBAT RUDDER PEDALS, TrackIR 4, Track Clip Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Item 55 - Russian HUD guidance symbology in LNDG mode incorrect - missing glide slope error circle at certain runways

Beslan Rwy 27 is one of these. The airfield closed to the start point in the Instant Action SU27 mission. ILS is present as deviation bars on the ADI work but small ILS deviation circle on HUD is absent.

Item 55 - Russian HUD guidance symbology in LNDG mode incorrect - missing glide slope error circle at certain runways

Beslan Rwy 27 is one of these. The airfield closed to the start point in the Instant Action SU27 mission. ILS is present as deviation bars on the ADI work but small ILS deviation circle on HUD is absent.

I am currently aware of Mozdok, Beslan, Batumi, Tibilisi-Lochini, Vaziani and Senaki-Kohlki that are affected by this bug.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tunguska shoots down small fast kh-25 perfectly but does not shoot large and slow mavericks. Mb this should be fixed?

P.S. Targeting mavericks in A-10A is pain. The crosshair often moves in random direction, especially when flying at low altitudes. Mb a fix for this as well?

• ED Team

I don't know if it's there already because I cannot find it but player F-15C's intakes appears to be without any animation.

I do not talk about this: 81 - F15 turbine fans not spinning

Edited by f-18hornet

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

Hi guys

HDR there is an error in such a system

Shadows

Track please.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

68 is not correct (Flaps never move automatically on MiG-29); link: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1601903#post1601903 ->2nd paragraph

Fixed.

69 not only MiG-29

Yes and?

If not only Mig-29 then what others? Please don't make me guess.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]