DCS - VS - PC Hardware Requirements VIDEO

CHPL

Do you need a new PC to get in favor of all the advantages coming up with DCS 2.5 ?

Or is it enough to change the Graphic Card ?

And if so, how many money you have to spend ?

Always happy landings ;)

Nice video.

Not quite sure I understand your conclusion however. Was it simply this - spend between £700 and £1000 and buy a 1080 ti 11GB? (not much difference in Euros, with £1 currently at 1.139 Euro)

If so that's not really a revelation. Given that you already have a capable CPU, and 16GB of RAM, it's a bit obvious that you would see better performance with an 11GB 1080 ti vs a 4gb 960 given that the 1080 ti is the current top end GPU.

However, we can't all afford to just go blow £700+ on a top end nVidia GPU - for some of us that's most of a months wages, let alone what's considered disposable after real life costs, especially in the UK.

So, the real question is - how little can you get away with spending to mitigate the problems with a game engine that doesn't seem to be optimised for anything but current top end hardware?

Edited by Raven_Morpheus

Hey Raven_Morpheus

Thanks for your comment.

The purpose of the video is to show, that at least for my opinion, there is no need for a high end Graphic Card. In fact, a card far below 700 $ or € may handle DCS 2.5 very well.

So, if you can't afford a high-end Card, that’s not a problem. You will miss nothing at all, or just a few light effects. As long as you go not above an HD resolution.

Can't say what's the minimum requirements may be, and there are many other things the money may be better invested.

In my case I use the same PC for work, so I'm not that disappointed when spending more money than necessary for the Graphic Card, but anyway .. :doh:

So I hope it will be clear in the video, there are not much difference between a let's say 400 $ / € Card and a 1000 $ / € in DCS 2.5 :smilewink:

Again

Thanks for you commend. Will add this answer to the Video description :thumbup:

Always happy landings ;)

$k vs 1080p

Very interesting video but to take it a step further I would really like to see a comparison with a 1080ti on a 1080p with highest settings vs 4k .I am curious because the step isn't just the cost of the video card but also a 4k tv and I think a 1080ti on a 1080p could be well worth it. What are your thoughts on this CHPL .

Win 10,MB GA-X79S-UP5 cpu i7-3820 water cooled,GPU 1080ti ,psu corsair HX1200i,,ram Dominator 32GB trackir 5,VKB Gunfighter stick , throttle ,saitek x65f & CH pedals