How can I move the radio dialog box?

mariner3302

In VR it would be a lot easier to use (click on) the radio if it would come up more in the middle of the cockpit than in the upper right side. I've seen and tried many "fixes/jury rigs" but nothing really works unless you know how to write code. Every mod I have tried doesn't just simply move the dialog (F Hotkeys) to the middle of the screen. Any help out there?

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

I think this is why many VR users uses VoiceAttack (or similar). Vaicom is an available template for VoiceAttack and can be found in the INPUT OUTPUT forum. Doesn't answer your question, but it helps interacting with COMMs in general

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

The file you need to modify is the CommandMenu.Lua on line 44 or 45 "menuWidth", found at \DCS World\Scripts\UI\RadioCommandDialogPanel. When I used to use 3 screens, I used to modify this to show the dialog box in the middle of my middle screen. I've never tried this for VR so i'm not sure what value to change it to, but FYI, the value is in pixels in width. So my res used to be 6020x1080. So since the width is 6020 and I wanted the box in the middle, my change looked like this, "menuWidth = 3050". Again, I'm not sure what value to use for VR so you'll have to play around with it.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Yeah, I use VoiceAttack but would much prefer to use the regular radio menu. I use it now as it is but having to always look up and right to select a radio F key is a real inconvenience. The DCS Menu Fix 1.2 is handy but a little slower.

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

Ive played with the menu width before with no result although other VR users have had it work. Ill have to try it again with the new DCS version.

Didnt see the post, pimp, until I pushed send. I will try it. I was lowering the number hoping to move the menu left. I will raise it and see what it does.

Didnt see the post, pimp, until I pushed send. I will try it. I was lowering the number hoping to move the menu left. I will raise it and see what it does.

Since the res width of the rift is 2160, change the value to 1080 and see what happens.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

• 5 months later...

I have it at 840 and its so I just have to look up to select items. Now if we could just move it down towards the pilot.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...