Roccat Power-grid

Andre I ran into two problems a 404 error if I go to the link in the op and when I go thru your link I get a developer needs to update to ios11 error when I try to install it. I think I would really use and pay for this if it works as proposed even with vr. Be nice to be able to see iPad in rift then use it.

Also would you be able to use multiple iPad I have two old copies plus my current iPad pro

Edited by BlacleyCole

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

• 2 weeks later...

The lack of landscape support or ability to rotate controls in the grid is what irks me. I really wanted to use my surface tablet for it. I installed an emulator and the power grid for android apk, only to find I can't use the tablet anyway! The stand only works in landscape mode, and it's all so much smaller on my phone. Good thing I have plenty of buttons on my Hotas! I suppose I could just rotate the icons I made myself and just not use text, or just deal with the text being sideways...

Anyone know of any alternatives? I have read the LEA Extended Input is not at all user friendly. I'd rather not use anything if it's going to take a ton of time and effort to get it working. That's time I could be spending learning a module and flying!

i7-9700k overclocked to 4.9ghz, RTX 2070 Super, 32GB RAM, M.2 NVMe drive, HP Reverb G2 version 2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals, and a Logitech Throttle Quadrant

Andre I’m not sure if that will effect this project but I’m willing to pay you create what ever is needed to use this on. An iPad if possible a huey group. Of tabs for sratrt up buttons,a tab for the radio comms controls, a tab for navigation and last a tab for weapons and electronic countermeasures if I. Have to I’ll grab a Android tablet used if this onlyworks. For android.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Just wanted to say thank you for pointing out this program. I downloaded and installed some grids for the su25/25t. Had to alter some commands but it is working perfectly! Will dive in some more and try to make better grids. To bad Roccat does not support it any longer. Tryed to reach out to them but so far no response. If only this could become open source????

Just heard from Roccat that they are thinking about how tot make this software open source.

Thank you for choosing ROCCAT.

Power-Grid is currently not developed any further but we are currently in the process to check what we would have to do to make an open source project out of Power-Grid so that the community which is small but dedicated can work on it themselves. Unfortunately I don't have any current information on how this is proceeding.

I really hope that they do!

Just heard from Roccat that they are thinking about how tot make this software open source.

Thank you for choosing ROCCAT.

Power-Grid is currently not developed any further but we are currently in the process to check what we would have to do to make an open source project out of Power-Grid so that the community which is small but dedicated can work on it themselves. Unfortunately I don't have any current information on how this is proceeding.

I really hope that they do!

Thanks for the update! It would definitely be cool if it happened.

i7-9700k overclocked to 4.9ghz, RTX 2070 Super, 32GB RAM, M.2 NVMe drive, HP Reverb G2 version 2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals, and a Logitech Throttle Quadrant

Well, I think it worth trying. Please PM me your e-mail or Skype, let's continue with that.

I've send you a pm.

I gained more experience with Power Grid.

For Ka-50 I've created 3 grid and modified one existing grid.

I needed to change only a small subset of key bindings to have a workaround for missing support of right control keys.

Now I'm working on some A-10C grids, but your approach is much better then dozens of key bindings ala LWin + LShift + LCtrl + B. :huh:

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

• 1 year later...
I've send you a pm.

Hate to nekropost here, but I can't find any info on Grid's internal version of JS. So, did you have a reply and what become of those project files?

i5-2500k/24Gb/MSI GTX1060/Logitech G940/VKB Cobra Z/TM Cougar MFD/VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle/BRD-MS3 Rudder Pedals

FC3/Ka-50/Mi-8/AV-8B/UH-1H/CA/L-39/Yak-52/MiG-21/NS430/

A-4E-C/MB-339

There is a newer alternative (for Windows/Android) with many ready made DCS configurations

Very interesting idea, but sadly, does not work on my tablets

Edited by unhappytroll

i5-2500k/24Gb/MSI GTX1060/Logitech G940/VKB Cobra Z/TM Cougar MFD/VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle/BRD-MS3 Rudder Pedals

A-4E-C/MB-339

I was about to try Matric yesterday too, but my Android tablet is too old (it only runs Android 4.4.1, but Matric needs Android 5.x) and my other mobile devices are iOS (iPhone and iPad). Matric looks great. I hope you can consider creating an iOS version.

Sadly, Roccat is dead for iOS, and perhaps dead in general as far as new development.

It really surprises me there aren't several apps of this type. Or maybe the problem is there are far too many crappy ones so everybody gave up on them. I know I have looked for apps like this several times over the years, but it is difficult to weed out the bad ones from the ones that are worth spending your time (and money) on. Roccat was one of the good ones.

Are you using ipad?

no, both my tablets is old Samsung Glalxy Tab 2 10.1, one under original 4.1.1, one under Slim 6.0.1. under 4.1.1 it can not even be installed from Play Market, and under 6.0.1 it throws a bunch of errors and does not working anyway.

So originally, I hoped that JS version used by Roccat as internal functions language can be connected through Export.lua, like DCS-BIOS and such. At least Andre's posts suggested as much. But I can't find zilch now about it, Roccat forums is dead, Grid market too.

Edited by unhappytroll

A-4E-C/MB-339

Yeah, Power Grid is no more sadly.

MATRIC can do 2way integration, I even made a proof of concept for Ka-50.

no, both my tablets is old Samsung Glalxy Tab 2 10.1, one under original 4.1.1, one under Slim 6.0.1. under 4.1.1 it can not even be installed from Play Market, and under 6.0.1 it throws a bunch of errors and does not working anyway.

So originally, I hoped that JS version used by Roccat as internal functions language can be connected through Export.lua, like DCS-BIOS and such. At least Andre's posts suggested as much. But I can't find zilch now about it, Roccat forums is dead, Grid market too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MATRIC developer

Check out MATRIC and forget about keyboard shortcuts

That's good. But I have no use for it in current state. At least Grid is working on both tablets.

A-4E-C/MB-339