I feel the need... the need for speed!

Schmidtfire

This is a general observation. Normandy has hands down the best sense of airspeed when flying low over the terrain. It is very important, not only for helicopter pilots. Flying fast and low should be demanding and exciting :)

Flying low over sea in DCS gives an incredible sense of speed. I think it is because the tiny differences in the waves that creates that feeling. Normandy achives a good sense of speed due to the small variations of the mesh accross the map. It is varied and not flat. The trees are also scaled better than the oversized speedtrees on the other maps.

My conclusion for better sense of speed over upcoming maps:

*More varied mesh. Even small height-digferences matter.

*Speedtrees should be more varied. Scale is very important.

*Small objects / detail level is also important for sense of speed. Hedges, buildings, roads etc.

There is also room for improvement in DCS engine. With higher motionblur for objects in close at low level. Maybe also create more of a difference in sound when flying fast down low.

These are just some general ideas, but flying low level can be a lot more exciting than it is atm :)

• 3 weeks later...

the more you approach the ground the more you see the trees the houses the cars scrolled more than you wanted under you

the more you move away from the ground the more you see things flow more slowly.

even the sound contributes to a feeling of speed. here is a video

Edited by Xilon_x

you will notice in the video that I have posted that in the drift and in the tears during the turn you notice the smoke of condensazion of the air that of ago to have an effect of fast in DCS the smoking of condensazion is not there,and you do not even notice friction with the air.

Edited by Xilon_x

I also feel the need for speed in DCS a feeling that is missing

the sonic boom is missing

the ripples of white foam in the sea are missing.

there are no more full-bodied clouds.

if you are flying at low altitude in DCS and flying at high altitude, you do not feel the difference.

I do not want to disappoint the developers of dcs and even the developers of 3 parts but there is still a lot to improve.

as far as I'm concerned DCS for me and the best air combat simulator that's around other simulators do not have the same competence.

Edited by Xilon_x

• 3 weeks later...

ORBX for DCS that it is what i need :thumbup:.

Greetings Falk

+1

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5