Tips on recycling old HOTAS joystick?

I have an older Thrustmaster Cougar joystick that's begun to be pretty glitchy. I've upgraded to a Thrustmaster Warthog, and now I have a big heavy Cougar that 1) I won't be using going forwards and 2) I'm not interested in repairing.

However, it's a big heavy chunk of metal and electronics, and I feel badly just throwing it in the trash. Seems wasteful.

Any tips on recycling older joysticks? How to ensure the materials get reused, or if someone else is interested in repairing and using, they could benefit?

There is many who would be interested in the stick to retrofit with an Arduino and new sensors and gimbal. I would be too but I presume you are in the US?

What a waste that would be... just swap the sensors because the TARGET capable original board that also can be tuned with Cougar Control Panel is worth its weight in gold by comparison. If only the Warthog or any other joystick board were as useful as the Cougar is...

OP, if still available I'll gladly take it off your hands!

I have been looking for one of the Cougar Throttles if you have one your looking to get rid of.

Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes

What a waste that would be... just swap the sensors because the TARGET

But some people want just a "PnP" stick with more durable sensors than Cougar original pot's - anyway for winch replacement is no longer available, why that Arduino+TLE5010 way is option, they care little about TARGET's ability to... "open cans of beers and fry sausages", just assign joy axes/buttons in game controls GUI. ;)

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies. I've been on a long business trip and fell behind on this thread. Looks like Thasiet was the first to reply for inside USA shipping. FIN_Centurion1, let me know if you have an inside US address and I'll ship there instead.

This is for the stick only, do not have the Cougar throttle.

Will get pricing on shipping when I return back home this coming weekend.

Chris