Running warthog stick without the rubber ring?

Hi guys, just noticed a weird feeling a few days back in my stick so I dissasembled it again (I greased it a couple of years ago with Niogel 767) and noticed that one rubber pad was loosen and the rubber ring has a crack and was also loosen...I used contact glue to put the rubber pad again in its place but decided to run the stick without the rubber ring using a bit of nyogel around the place it was setled...the question is, is there any risk when using the stick without the ring?, it feels good though I can feel some graininess sometimes, guess the metal frictioning with the plastic so not sure if its a goos idea to run it like that...

also I could use glues to fix the crack and put the ring again with good contact glue but remember someone made some nice teflon ones so dont know what to do:

1-run the stick without the ring

2-put the fixed one in again

3-Buy the teflon one (not sure if available to ship to Spain?)

Thanks!!

Take a look at my MODS here

I don't have the rubber in, but I do use a teflon ring.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

What I learned about the rubber ring is: DO NOT REMOVE IT! Only if you have an adequate replacement in form of a PTFE ring. I did so at mine and it works great. Remove it completely should lead to issues (wear) over the time. This is not based on my own experience but I found threads about it here at ED forum.

I got my PTFE ring from "Hempstead" here in the forums. Just PM him and you get one for a fair price. Last time I gave this hint he was still doing them.

Xoxen

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

ok thanks to both!...after a few minutes testing it doesnt feel right without the ring (the center spot is too rough) so I have decided to glue the crack and paste it again to the metal as the rest is in perfect shape...also glued the whole ring surface in the face glued to the metal...I hope with the new ultra strong glue the ring can stay in place and with the nyogel lubing it the the wear should be controled...anyway I will try to get one of these teflon rings just in case but meanwhile hope the fix can hold its own...

Ok, just ordered a couple of rings to Hempstead, great man btw as he just wants to help the community with his work so I really appreciate the effort!!...meanwhile Im curious about how the stick "feels" with the teflon ring of Hempstead, I mean, I like how hte rubber ring feels so I wonder how/how much the stick changes when using these PTFE rings...Im a bit worried about the center sensibility (I want the stick to be very smooth and easy to move near the center) as the PTFE is not as elastic as rubber (if elastic at all)...what are your thoughts about this?...

thanks!!

To be honest I didn´t feel a difference between rubber and the teflon ring. What I did is to grease the Warthog which helped to get rid of the stickiness I had before. But this was a year ago and the stickiness is there again, much less, but I can feel it. I hope this helps.

Edit: Move rubber above a surface and compare it with teflon. Teflon runs much smoother so this shouldn´t have any negative effect.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

I will give it a try next time I´m brave enough to disassembly me Warthog ;) Thanks for the advice, Molykote wasn´t as long lasting as expected.