AB operations are correct according to manual

muehlema

Correct, but without using the finger lifts, you won't have AB thrust IRL, on ground, as the AB system blocked by the lockout system.

What was implemented is a trade off between real life and the Sim world. Since I have a HOTAS Warthog. I can either have Fixed AB detents or NO detents. There is no "Push Through" The way there is in real life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

What was implemented is a trade off between real life and the Sim world. Since I have a HOTAS Warthog. I can either have Fixed AB detents or NO detents. There is no "Push Through" The way there is in real life.

Yes there is, with with an accurate user curve on the Thrust axes in DCS and a modded Warthog detent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Yes there is, with with an accurate user curve on the Thrust axes in DCS and a modded Warthog detent.

Are YOU going to supply the modded Warthog detent?

What has been provided by ED is a simple fix to the issue. Perhaps when the Hornet has IFF, ECM, TGP, FLIR, LINK 16, A/G Radar, AMMRAMs and a myriad of other features that are currently unavailable they can make everyone happy with the AB detent.

Until then I'll get by with whats been provided because its working.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

I prefer the way the AB worked before this last patch. It had logic to it in the sense that I could have a heavier jet launching and it go into AB according to that weight as needed. If the plane was light enough to not need AB, it wouldn't go in to AB at max throttle unless you had bound where you could pull the finger lifts and force the AB. That seemed like how it should work to me. After this last patch if the AB detent option is checked you have to use that key binding to pull the finger lifts to go into AB anytime you are WOffW. It doesn't feel good. But if you go the other route and deselect the AB detent option the only way to launch a light jet without AB is to manage the throttle carefully and that doesn't feel great either. Again, I feel like it was working perfectly before the last patch, my two cents. I am not using a throttle with a detent/warthog, by the way.

Thank you for feedback! We will think how to modify this option to provide the best experience :joystick:

The functionality of the recent update works great for me as it helps with staying out of AB when not desired, during all phases of flight.

I do not have access to hardware detents on my system, I do however have enough buttons on my setup to map a dedicated, accessible button for the purpose. As such, I don't think a software detent is an unreasonable or unrealistic compromise to allow effective throttle usage.

This functionality should ideally be implemented for all modules. However, understanding the many different hardware setups among users, the only viable option is probably to allow as much flexibility as possible.

Thanks for an enjoyable module!

In real life with WOW you just push through it anyway.

If you have a Warthog throttle, buy the custom 3D printed detent.

You can just file down the original detent.

5min job

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5