What is Mission F10 menu?

Hello,

I am completely newbie to DCS and have one question :

Some missions ask to use F10 menu in order to be tasked on a target. What does that mean and how do I do that? When I press F10, the game goes to the map.

Thanks for your help,

Pierre

it's a special mission interaction menu.

You need to do the radio button first [ \ ] then choose F10

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

• 2 years later...

The F10 part of the comm tree will only be present if there is some item able to be activated there (same with AWACS, tankers, JTAC, etc.). Probably at that particular instant there is no F10 item and so no F10 option in the comm tree.

It takes specific scripting within a mission to have an F10 item. No mission has it unless mission maker makes a deliberate effort to program one in.

Thanks Frederf,

I am wanting to ask for tasking, I have obviously forgotten how I did it or something has changed.

So I am sitting in a Viggen, I hit the comms button but only get three options:

ATC, Ground crew or exit, none of which leads to an option of F10.

Now in this instructional video there are 10 options right at the very start of the video, you might have to pull the time line back to the very start, so I am at a total loss.

Thanks for your help.

PS. Here is a screen shot of the Menu Ibissix

Edited by Ibis
further infomation.

Ok thanks all for your help.

"wanders away scratching head"

Must have been dreaming, getting too old more like.

thanks guys

cheers.

Edited by Ibis
forgot to thank those that helped.

Hi, thanks for those feefi, i will check them out.

Well I went back to the original video where to me it seemed as though there was no mission because it was stated as such.

But deep down in the questions and replies somebody asked the question that I had missed and yes indeed you are perfectly correct as the video poster did have a third party mission installed.

So thanks once again for your patience advice and for the examples supplied.

cheers mate,

Ibis

• 1 year later...

Another answer for the OP: When you bring up a radio menu the choices WINGMAN, ATC, etc have corresponding function keys (listed beside them). Function key 10, F10, is the OTHER choice in that menu. If present, it will have mission specific stuff.

The reason I am apparently stating the obvious is that those of us who play in VR never use function keys to make choices in the radio menu, and frankly I never noticed that they were even there. VR users can just point and click with their head pointer. I fell into the "F10 opens some wierd map thing" trap too.

In one of the A-10 The Enemy Within 3.0 early missions you are told to "Use the F10 menu to contact -wingman's name- and tell him either ... or ..". Of course I selected the WINGMAN option to talk to my wingman - no joy.

Also a noob here - that's why I had to google and read this thread.

Rift S, 10700K, RTX 2080S, TM Warthog HOTAS, home built cyclic and collective, 16GB 3200 RAM, A-10C, Huey

sometimes you have only F11 "go back" in radiomenu availabe and once done, if needed and programmed in mission you'll get a F10 menu available in parent menu.

be aware if inflight and not on ground, standard radio menu don't work, you 'll have to check in flight " push to talk radio1 " or "push to talk radio 2" wich means : RightALT + *or/ or RightCTRL+*or/

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals