Will C-101CC Come With Anti-Ship Missile?

inSky_1911CFZS

We are still researching it. Someone wrote that the C-101 used a surrogate platform for targeting of the weapon which was data-linked to it, but information on the missile suggests it can be pre-programmed with target coordinates, therefore only requiring carry and fire capability by the launch platform.

Best regards,

Tango.

We are still researching it. Someone wrote that the C-101 used a surrogate platform for targeting of the weapon which was data-linked to it, but information on the missile suggests it can be pre-programmed with target coordinates, therefore only requiring carry and fire capability by the launch platform.

Best regards,

Tango.

Just like Su-33 using Kh-41 in LO1.12?

• 2 weeks later...

Best regards,

Tango.

I believe that there was no need for a datalink. The spotter plane would fly alongside the plane carrying the sea eagle. When the spotter found the target with radar, they would radio the bearing to the plane carrying the sea eagle. The missile would be fired in an automatic mode, ie. it would hit for example the biggest target on it's path.

This is also in the wikipedia entry Wikipedia (yes I know, wikipedia....)

Once launched the Sea Eagle is completely autonomous, with the flight and target seeking completely controlled by the on-board computer system which functions according to programmable options covering a large set of cruise, search and attack options, including a simple, pre-programmed 'point and shoot' mode that allows it to be carried by basic aircraft without radar, using targeting information radioed to the pilot from external sources or even visually located by him, with the missile's short minimum range assisting this.

But don't quote me on this one :)

I believe that there was no need for a datalink. The spotter plane would fly alongside the plane carrying the sea eagle. When the spotter found the target with radar, they would radio the bearing to the plane carrying the sea eagle. The missile would be fired in an automatic mode, ie. it would hit for example the biggest target on it's path.

This is also in the wikipedia entry Wikipedia (yes I know, wikipedia....)

Similar info on this site: http://www.blackburn-buccaneer.co.uk/Pages1_files/SeaEagle_Index.html

Which seems to have good sources:

Source - Buccaneer: The story of the last all-British strike aircraft (Tim Laming)

The Buccaneers (Air Commodore Graham Pitchfork)

Wings of Fame - volume 14 (Aerospace Publishing Ltd)

RAF Buccaneer (Peter Foster)

(see Reference Library page for full details)

Additional Info. - John Robertson (Electronic Engineering Technician)

12, 15, Squadron, 237 OCU and Buccaneer/Jaguar Maintenance School

Guided Weapons United Kingdom Aerospace and Weapons Projects

[8.7] Antiship Missiles (1) Greg Goebel / In The Public Domain

Just ships.. There was a TV guided one but I doubt we'll see it on the C-101

There was a proposed (with, I believe, several early prototypes being built) variant called the P4T which would have operated very similarly to the normal Anti-Sea variant. The P4T was not TV guided but used a shorter range but higher power millimetre range radar-seeker head which allowed a constant in-flight data link for high precision to attack ground targets. This variant is also similar to the normal ASM Sea Eagle as it is fire-and-forget and does not require any additional on-board equipment (i.e. The aircraft does not require a long range radar, as the Sea Eagle already has one built in). I can't seem to find any specifics/English websites on this variant but I will continue to search anyways :smilewink: