Could really use a "say again" command

CptTangerine

I have recently tried to come back to the A10C. My favourite mission has always been Smerch Hunt. The last time I played this mission I was using TrackIR but I'm not playing in VR.

I'm finding it very hard to get the CDU programmed while the coordinates are being read out and would really appreciate the addition of a "Say again" option in the radio to allow the last transmission to be repeated. It would definitely lower the levels of profanity within my house.

CptT

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

I just use my cell phone with a dictation app. Quick and simple.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Pad of paper and a pen to write stuff down?

I never leave base without both in the A-10C...

Same here. Jot in down on paper and then work the CDU later.

Alternative which works for me: If I’m expecting coordinates to be given to me, I already have a new waypoint created and named something like “JTAC” or “Target” and I leave the CDU page up. I have all my letter and number keys on the keyboard bound to the CDU, so I can just punch stuff in really quick rather than clicking each in the virtual cockpit with a mouse.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Alternative which works for me: If I’m expecting coordinates to be given to me, I already have a new waypoint created and named something like “JTAC” or “Target” and I leave the CDU page up. I have all my letter and number keys on the keyboard bound to the CDU, so I can just punch stuff in really quick rather than clicking each in the virtual cockpit with a mouse.

Versy interesting ! Could you please give me a hint how to do it ? Maybe a link.

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

[/b][/u]

Versy interesting ! Could you please give me a hint how to do it ? Maybe a link.

Same way you would set up any key bind. Just go to the controls menu for the A-10C and search in the CDU drop-down. There’s a bind for CDU A button, B button, C button, etc.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Same here. I usually set a few extra waypoints on the way to the objective. I use TGT1, TGT2, TGT3, etc...

Then as I get coordinates I punch them straight in. You can even go back afterwards and change the name of you want to.

try this

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

[/b][/u]

Set CAPSLOCK as a modifier in the controls binding area. Then setup the keybinds for the CDU to match all letters (with use of CAPSLOCK) and then I personally setup the UFC scratch pad to be bound to the numberpad. Make typing in coordinates, and adding names to waypoints a breeze. Can do it very quickly. Have the Hornet setup the same way (for numbers on the UFC).

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Set CAPSLOCK as a modifier in the controls binding area. Then setup the keybinds for the CDU to match all letters (with use of CAPSLOCK) and then I personally setup the UFC scratch pad to be bound to the numberpad. Make typing in coordinates, and adding names to waypoints a breeze. Can do it very quickly. Have the Hornet setup the same way (for numbers on the UFC).

Cheers,

Don

Do you have to hold the Capslock down when doing this or does it act as a toggle (on/off)?

Do you have to hold the Capslock down when doing this or does it act as a toggle (on/off)?

Should act as a toggle. I actually remapped it to a switch on my TMWH for further seamless integration. Should have included that in my original message. Apologies.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

All great suggestions but as a pilot it is not unusual at all to say “jrac/tower/2, hawg1, repeat last”

How hard could it be? I use the keyboard/numpad thing as well but in be if you fingers are off sometimes it’s a very rushed re-entry before it fades, or missed

just a dude who probably doesn't know what he's talking about