Agm-154B

Cassiop

It is on AI's F16 blk 52, the model is here, warhead is here, the flight model is here, the CSID is here. We only miss Stores pages informations for it to be launched from our beloved F18 =D

While you're at it, would you do a bru55 dual version of it too, please ? =D

Thanks a lot :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Official says:

"Development of AGM-154B is complete and production has been deferred."

https://www.navy.mil/navydata/fact_display.asp?cid=2100&tid=300&ct=2

What make me curious, is why ED introduced "B" for F-16C ??? if it was produced and other source says:

"This program concluded development but the Navy decided not to procure the weapon when the Air Force left the program"

more source:

"The USAF pulled out of the AGM-154B program because it selected the CBU-115/B WCMD-ER (Wind-Corrected Munitions Dispenser - Extended Range) as its future standoff anti-armour weapon (the CBU-115/B can carry ten BLU-108/B compared to JSOW's six), and the Navy couldn't afford to fund the AGM-154B on its own."

http://www.designation-systems.net/dusrm/m-154.html

Also would like to ask ED dev about "C" infrared seeker:

"The AGM-154C incorporates an uncooled, long-wave imaging infrared seeker with autonomous target acquisition algorithms for precise targeting."

Source from first link.

Edited by GumidekCZ

"In 2002, the Joint Requirements Oversight Council deferred production of an antiarmor JSOW variant (JSOW B). By October 2002 the Air Force cancelled purchase of more than 3,000 of the JSOW-B due to technical problems and cost overruns. Planned production of the JSOW/BLU-108 was deferred in the POM-04 budget. The Navy conducted IOT&E in FY 2003 to verify operational effectiveness and suitability.

The FY '03 budget request contained no funds in PE 64600F for munitions dispenser development. The Air Force terminated the Joint Stand Off Weapon B variant dispenser weapon, which cost $375,000 each, in October 2003 due to technical delays and cost increases."

Seems we shouldn't have it on the viper either...

"The AGM-154C incorporates an uncooled, long-wave imaging infrared seeker with autonomous target acquisition algorithms for precise targeting."

Source from first link.

AFAIK, it is possible to input an image of the target in the weapon's system and it will try and match what it sees with what is saved in its memory. The issue is that the weapon is not Datalink capable and from what I've read, it is done on the ground and not in the air. A TGP image of the target would not suffice.

This would not really be feasible in DCS.

Note: this is not official info in any form, but simply what I gathered reading online on that topic. Feel free to correct me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • ED Team
Official says:

"Development of AGM-154B is complete and production has been deferred."

https://www.navy.mil/navydata/fact_display.asp?cid=2100&tid=300&ct=2

What make me curious, is why ED introduced "B" for F-16C ??? if it was produced and other source says:

"This program concluded development but the Navy decided not to procure the weapon when the Air Force left the program"

more source:

"The USAF pulled out of the AGM-154B program because it selected the CBU-115/B WCMD-ER (Wind-Corrected Munitions Dispenser - Extended Range) as its future standoff anti-armour weapon (the CBU-115/B can carry ten BLU-108/B compared to JSOW's six), and the Navy couldn't afford to fund the AGM-154B on its own."

http://www.designation-systems.net/dusrm/m-154.html

Source from first link.

Why introduce the B? Why not. It adds to the gameplay, they have info on it. It doesn't always make sense to add a weapon (especially if there are already similar weapons available), but I think in this case, it will be a fun one to use in missions.

What is your question about the C?

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Wags has said when the C came out the IR matching seeker wasn’t really modeled. That it would always “act” accurate as if the IR matching seeker was always working right. I know I shouldn’t be in the Hornet forum when I only flew the free weekend, but I couldn’t resist since I remember Wags answer to this question when JSOW first came out

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg