Question about Steam module transfer

Starfighter

Hello together,

I would like to know how the current situation about modules bought on steam regarding a transfer to the standalone version looks like. I obviously see the sticky post that all post-Mirage modules cant be transfered, but I also see some more recent post which indicate that is it (again?) possible.

Reason is, I still have a steam gift card and once the sale hits Steam, I would like to grab a Viggen or Harrier while its on discount with my gift card, but only if its possble to activate them on the normal version, where i already have a couple of other modules installed.

Long question, short answer, is it possible or not?

Come on guys, no one can give a quick "yes" or "no"?

What confuses me is that apparently, after the Steam version got new keys instead of old starforce keys, the modules cant be transfered to normal DCS anymore. Thats what I read in many threads. However, on this FAQ: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/500/#1510447

under the section "How to transfer keyless DCS modules purchased on STEAM?" there is an explanation on how to apparently still do it.

Now whats right? Im just cunfused guys.

little an bit confusing but after u find the way to bind the steam account to dcs gets easy.

Intel® Core™ i5-2500k CPU@4.20GHz 64 bit operation System Windows 10+ Pro NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - Memory: 16.0 GB - 500gb ssd samsung - Samsung 27"SyncMaster TA550 monitors [SIZE=1][B]- [/B][/SIZE][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]TM Hotas Warthog[/SIZE][/FONT] Trackir4 - TM Rudder Pedals.

• 1 month later...