DCS: MiG-23MLA by RAZBAM

MrDieing

Well, you could probably buy 3 MiG-23s for the cost of 1 F-14. That has to count somehow.

So sell the module for 25 bucks instead of 75!

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

So sell the module for 25 bucks instead of 75!

Not a bad idea, pay 25€ for early access, the rest when the module is completed. Especially for Razbam products :music_whistling:

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

The MiG-23 is the only plane module I'm really looking forward to. I love the 21 but the total lack of BVR capabilities makes it very hard to use in many scenarios. Soviet 60-80's fighterplane design is a wonderful thing.

AMD FX-6300

8GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LP DDR3 RAM

SAPPHIRE HD 7790 DUAL-X O/C 1GB DDR5

2TB SEAGATE HDD

WIN7 ULTIMATE X64

It was seen on the early cockpit renders. But its just channels setup panel and director needles on the instruments. My main concern is who would give you those directions. For this we need a human interface and an AI bot to have a Combat Control Officer(for VVS) or Intercept Navigator(for PVO) role. Basically, for RedFor, you have a RIO too, he's just couple of hundreds km away.

I'd presume some scripting can suffice here. You just need to have an assigned target and then determine those guidance inputs from it (e.g. an intercept course calculated with some delay).

I guess for MP scenarios it would be nicer to have a GCI/AWACS interface to assign targets manually, but I'd presume that needs to be supported by the base game.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

While Aim-54 keep shooting down fighters with high Gs from 12km as Aim-120 do of course will be an unreal situation. I propose to RAZBAM do the same for R-24 missiles, some extra features and we go fair.

Fix faux with more faux? Please no. Just hope for proper multistage guidance functionality to be developed for the Phoenix.

As for fairness - in real world only tactics rules. Anyway a proper redfor action plan is to be guided outside of the enemy task force's sensors envelope to get them into your launch envelope with the most favorable PK possible. Imagine a submarine wolfpack but in the air and mach 2. Of course its impossible with alive bluefor AWACS. So you get the sides motivations and objectives....

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

R-24 can have for the beginning a “not yet tuned” guidance. We warned this situation against real simulation before F-14 get on sale AND boom! Aim-54 become the first day the killer machine in DCS.

Mig-23 can do this kind of stuff too? I mean as part of the classic behavior we see on certain modules.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I see where that idea comes from, but definitely am with Кош. Plenty of bugs going around in DCS (and pretty much all of its modules), even if we all abstain from introducing further ones deliberately.

Do your balancing act through the mission editor.

• Like 1

While Aim-54 keep shooting down fighters with high Gs from 12km as Aim-120 do of course will be an unreal situation. I propose to RAZBAM do the same for R-24 missiles, some extra features and we go fair.

Look, no one wants unrealistic behavior from missiles in DCS. It sucks that the Aim54 is basically pitbull from launch right now because its exploitable. But adding more "broken" missiles isn't the solution. The solution will be to fix the missile modeling on the Aim54.

Very simply, the Mig-23 is not an F14, and you want to fight it like one, you will die pretty quick. You gotta fight a mig-23 like a mig-23 was intended to be used. I've taken down F14's in MP with a mig21, it wasn't easy, nor can I do it on demand, but its doable with the right tactics, mig23 will be the same thing. On the plus side its historical opponent was the F14A model, so maybe that will be easier than the B model.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

R-24 can have for the beginning a “not yet tuned” guidance. We warned this situation against real simulation before F-14 get on sale AND boom! Aim-54 become the first day the killer machine in DCS.

Mig-23 can do this kind of stuff too? I mean as part of the classic behavior we see on certain modules.

All missiles in DCS behave that way, its an issue with DCS and not with the AIm54 only. Aim120,R77 and ET/T27 all need data link guidance to pit bull and none of them have that you can shoot from any range and turn cold and the missile will still chase the target "Aim120 and 54C should go to a track predicted point" but they also do not do that the chase the target either way.

The missiles are not the issue, the Issue is as of now DCS does not have data link guidance or radar Track files. Also the AIm54 at the moment is pulling far less G than its real counter part due to DCS missile code model restrictions.

All missiles in DCS behave that way, its an issue with DCS and not with the AIm54 only. Aim120,R77 and ET/T27 all need data link guidance to pit bull and none of them have that you can shoot from any range and turn cold and the missile will still chase the target "Aim120 and 54C should go to a track predicted point" but they also do not do that the chase the target either way.

The missiles are not the issue, the Issue is as of now DCS does not have data link guidance or radar Track files. Also the AIm54 at the moment is pulling far less G than its real counter part due to DCS missile code model restrictions.

I shot down an J-11 last night with an AIM120 from a target that was not locked and I could not visually see him but he was locking me firing off his ETs. I shot into the dark and 15secs later and down he went.

I shot down an J-11 last night with an AIM120 from a target that was not locked and I could not visually see him but he was locking me firing off his ETs. I shot into the dark and 15secs later and down he went.

Glory be.

Mad Dog is a legitimate tactic, nothing unrealistic.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I did a few trials Vs AI F-14B.

I can beam multiples AIM-54 to the merge, but then I’m not into favorable position to recommit. That’s the problem. Yet you can avoid AIM-54.

I watched TacView replays, the AIM-54 being very fast, even if (especially if) you pull hard G, you’re turning in very little room, so the missile doesn’t need to pull that many G to adjust course.

That belief that AIM-54 shouldn’t be able to kill fighters because it’s a big missile doesn’t stand.

Some SAM are much bigger and can catch and kill fighters.

To go back to the MiG-23, it should be a good interceptor, with good hit & run capacity.

For the dogfight, we’ll see :smilewink:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I did a few trials Vs AI F-14B.

I can beam multiples AIM-54 to the merge, but then I’m not into favorable position to recommit. That’s the problem. Yet you can avoid AIM-54.

I watched TacView replays, the AIM-54 being very fast, even if (especially if) you pull hard G, you’re turning in very little room, so the missile doesn’t need to pull that many G to adjust course.

That belief that AIM-54 shouldn’t be able to kill fighters because it’s a big missile doesn’t stand.

Some SAM are much bigger and can catch and kill fighters.

Your test on the current F-14 AI is absolutely unrelevant for realistic speaking.

Aim-54 did not show so IRL and they were in war. No success proofs.

What you can do to avoid the current unrealistic performance for a missile that is in a clear bias manipulation against Mig-23 is unrelevant at this moment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Exactly. You and they missed asked to the downed Iraqi pilot how many wife he married in whole life. This was not Vietnam War, hope you understand that the way they want simulate Aim-54 have not by any means the relation for Iranian kills veracity. Let’s be honest and mature persons at least in this simulator is supposed to be a good one...

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
If there are no limitations by the current/future game system/engine it will be developed.

Not sure what the functionality of the Lazur actually is, but we have both Link4 and Link16 in game already, so hopefully there can be a version of it as well.

Lazur is nothing like Link 4 or 16. Those (more modern) datalinks are designed to enhance the situational awareness of the pilot. Lazur is designed to allow GCI operators to direct interceptors to their targets without using radio communications, the pilot basically just followed the instructions that came through.

I don't think such a system would be easily implemented in DCS. ideally you would need some sort of AI model like Jester, but for the GCI operator rather than for the guy operating the radar in the plane.

so it sends text messages like steer 230 for 40 or something like that?

That sounds doable?

so it sends text messages like steer 230 for 40 or something like that?

That sounds doable?

No, more like steering information for speed, course, altitude and maneuvers on your displays.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So basically it needs some sort of GCI AI or player controlled GCI to make it useful? I don't see the issue as displaying the information if I understand correctly.