Great news for SAITEK X52, X52 Pro, X65 owners

According to the interview with Tim Di Iullo from Mad Catz on SIMHQ all old versions of SAITEK HOTAS will receive updates to use the new programming software that is currently delivered with X55 Rhino :thumbup: There is no mention of when this will happen so it may take a while but it's good news anyway.

http://www.simhq.com/hardware/saitek-x-55-rhino-h-o-t-a-s-system-interview-tim-di-iullo-mad-catz.html

Ken: According to the Saitek website the RHINO X-55 will feature “brand new fully programmable drivers”. Will these brand new programmable drivers be compatible with other Saitek HOTAS devices i.e. X-52, X-52 Pro, X-65…?

Tim: Yes, that is the plan. Eventually all our HOTAS devices will get the new programming software, but we wanted to launch the X-55 Rhino with our new all powerful software to demonstrate our dedication in delivering the most cutting edge hardware and software combination.

Hey now, that is interesting. Will be curious, what if any benefits might come about.

thanks the for the heads up.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Yeah we'll see, hope they don't change the profile format again friggin headache that was:doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

Even better:

Ken: Will these programmable drivers also include the Proflight Panels, as well the rest of the Saitek Controllers so that they too can be programmed for flight simulations other than FSX and X Plane?

ProFlight-Panels-300x293.jpg

Tim: Currently the software has been developed exclusively for the X-55 RHINO but we are planning on expanding to include all of the products in our Pro Flight range.

:thumbup:

:joystick:

Even better:

Ken: Will these programmable drivers also include the Proflight Panels, as well the rest of the Saitek Controllers so that they too can be programmed for flight simulations other than FSX and X Plane?

ProFlight-Panels-300x293.jpg

Tim: Currently the software has been developed exclusively for the X-55 RHINO but we are planning on expanding to include all of the products in our Pro Flight range.

:thumbup:

I think this is the real improvement. Being able to use their range of products initially locked into FSX will be awesome.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

'We are planning' is not even remotely indicative that it will happen.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I think this is the real improvement. Being able to use their range of products initially locked into FSX will be awesome.

Would be nice, if it pans out.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 6 months later...

Does anybody know of any update on this ?

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti Strix OC

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

Honestly, gave up o them doing anything, nothing has come out since the 55 launched so wouldn't expect anything.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

well, Saitek killed the Saitek help forums.. so,,, looks like they are killing off even the smallest bit of support, besides, most help came from other users, but they did have a couple staff members stop in and help once in a while.. now, we have nothing...

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR