Planning for Future Upgrade

I am currently saving up for a series of upgrades to my rig and desktop sim setup. I've got two major upgrade paths in mind. I'm pretty sure that either path would prove to be a valuable upgrade to my overall experience, and I plan on eventually going both directions. The trouble I'm facing is that I'm not sure which path will give me the most "bang for my buck" so to speak at this point, and therefore should be the direction I move first. I'd love to get the thoughts and opinions of some of the more experienced simmers in the community.

First off my current rig and setup, for reference:

CPU:
AMD FX-8350 Vishera 8-Core Black-Edition (Overclocked to 4.335 GHz)

MOBO:
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0

RAM:
Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR3

GPU:
Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 470 (8Gb)

Display:
Oculus Rift S; 1x AOC 27" 1080p 60Hz Monitor

HOTAS:
Saitek x52 Standard Edition (pre-Logitech)

Rudders:
Logitech G Pro Flight

Mounting Solution:
DIY Side-Mount HOTAS Stand (PVC Construction)

Issues Experienced:
Low Framerates in VR (I suspect due to my min-spec GPU), "Slack" beginning to develop in the Stick and Pedals

The first of my planned upgrades would involve building a whole new rig using more up-to-date parts. If I go this route I plan to convert and use my current rig into a dedicated server. Planned build is listed below:

CPU:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Max Boost)

MOBO:
ASUS TUF Gaming X570

RAM:
Corsair Vengeance 32 Gb DDR4

GPU:
Sapphire Nitro+ RX 5700XT (8 Gb)

The other plan is to upgrade my peripherals and mounting solutions to something more precise, more versitile, and more durable.

HOTAS:
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Pedals:
Thrustmaster TPR Pedals

Mounting Solution:
Foxxmount Desk Mounts

Both paths would also include some "quality of life" upgrades to smaller things like replacing my worn-out headset/mic and upgrading my monitor to a larger 32" LED 1080p HDTV for general computer use, non-VR gaming, as well as LotATC and Combined Arms.

What are your thoughts on my potential plans? I'm pretty sure they'd both constitute "major upgrades" over what I'm working with now, but which do you think would give me the most benefit? Which would you choose if you were in my position?

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts! :thumbup:

Foxx

Aircraft: F/A-18, FC3

Intel Core i7 9700k / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro / 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 / 1TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe SSD / Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB / Oculus Rift-S

IMO, the new hotas setup would get you direct pleasure. i have the monstertech mounts, but they are game changers. you can then dedicate savings towards parts that can be interchanged, or you could buy each Rig part seperatly until your ready to get it up and running.

speaking from experience, i was glad that i didnt have to throw 1000 at my TPR's and warthog Once my second build was done. maybe could sell some of your older hotas stuff for money to offset costs? its up to you really.