how do you guys fix your Track IR on the monitor

it may be not a big problem, but the newest monitors are more and more thinner than before, especally for the broader stand of the Track IR.The problem is, how do you gays fix your Track IR to your monitor, is there any other attachments made by yourself for better fixation of the Track IR.

In addition to the fixation, it's also useful to adjust the place of the Track IR camera.

I'm not an engineer, so I'm using a machtbox and tape:D

Is there any better solution?

Poster Putty, Sugru http://sugru.com/ , 1000mileanhourtape, clothes peg, super glue. Mine is just using the clamp thats on it.

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

I have a PS3 Eye Camera for head tracking and I made a "perfect fit" holder for it on my monitor with poxiline.

I've put on the monitor some paper tape for protection. Then fitted the camera in a stable position and then prepared the poxiline and clay-model it around the base of the camera and on the monitor. I pressed good all over it to make it enter in all areas and after I was satisfied of how it looks I let it harden. It gets hot while doing this so the monitor should be off.

Then I painted it in black. I removed the protection paper (it was a bit tricky to unstuck it from the place but with care it can be done) and now I can place it on the monitor very easy and it stay there perfectly because it has the shape of the monitor bezel.

I'll try to post some pictures (I had some on the WIP stages but they are not hosted anymore)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Velcro will work great also.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

I have a PS3 Eye Camera for head tracking and I made a "perfect fit" holder for it on my monitor with poxiline.

I've put on the monitor some paper tape for protection. Then fitted the camera in a stable position and then prepared the poxiline and clay-model it around the base of the camera and on the monitor. I pressed good all over it to make it enter in all areas and after I was satisfied of how it looks I let it harden. It gets hot while doing this so the monitor should be off.

Then I painted it in black. I removed the protection paper (it was a bit tricky to unstuck it from the place but with care it can be done) and now I can place it on the monitor very easy and it stay there perfectly because it has the shape of the monitor bezel.

I'll try to post some pictures (I had some on the WIP stages but they are not hosted anymore)

I appreciate the sharing of your wonderful homework and expect to see the pictures,it's great job.

Clear Hockey Tape :music_whistling:

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Take note though, I believe you need to make sure that the back of the camera is open, i.e. not butt up against your monitor. Else you run the risk of possible over heating. I had to replace my TIR once. I think it was because I had it taped to my monitor.

I taped my to the top of my monitor by taping the legs to the frame,

I tried taping it to the wall behind the monitor to allow more movement tracking.

I need to re-arrange my setup due to sunlight.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

should i attach the Velcro on both the monitor and the IR first?

Yes and if you use velcro, you shouldn't need a big piece. I would use velcro, but I move my TrackIR to another monitor when I'm playing Arma II.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

I appreciate the sharing of your wonderful homework and expect to see the pictures,it's great job.

here are the pictures made then (with a potato :D ) when I get home I'll take some with something better with the final work if these are not "explanatory enough" :)

Photo-0438.thumb.jpg.b315edf8fedf5404a738dd25c8d8e8c5.jpg

Photo-0437.thumb.jpg.54854a8cf8078bd913c2dfb9119e497f.jpg

Photo-0440.thumb.jpg.0c750e990814bd5ac1d39d5f007cc2fa.jpg

Photo-0444.thumb.jpg.25ed0ce775d3c921f87a39b45d6c6bbe.jpg

Photo-0442.thumb.jpg.d4d8ddbaab8cbd42c94119732ecce266.jpg

Photo-0443.thumb.jpg.c4a2ceea7d290902fc234cf7f7b2f305.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I taped my to the top of my monitor by taping the legs to the frame,

I tried taping it to the wall behind the monitor to allow more movement tracking.

I need to re-arrange my setup due to sunlight.

I just changed my desk direction last week,just because of the sunlight:)

I just use the included stand, I have yet to encounter an object i can't get it to stay on.

on the go solution:

20140508130332.jpg

aaand at my desk:

20140508130430.jpg

Oh my gosh! I believe you'v just solved all my trouble.The rear leg of the stand---that's the point. I never notice that rear part can be rotated since I bought the TIR couple of months ago. How careless I am! Thanks buddy! I'm loving this forum and DCS!