Saitek X52Pro Mfd and Fip how to home

algerad3

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give me a minute to look it over. It has been a while since I fired up FSX.

If i understand the question correctly, you want to change the pages using the wheel for the mfd. Is this with or without Raptors utility?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] CPIAS FOR Saitek:

Saitek Flight instrument panels and X-52 pro mfd scripts for Dcs

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94174

Finally , getting time to work on things some more.

Question, before I get too far, how many Fips do you guy's have/use?

I am trying to get update times to speed up and need to know the max number of devices.

Also need to get buttons working but, that is not too hard so far.

X-52pro is to be back in the mix as well(I am sure most people only have one of those hooked up at a time).

One FIP on my end !

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti Strix OC

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

• 2 weeks later...

O.k So much for asking questions here !!!

I was able to find time and tinker with things a bit... Finally got all 8 fips to respond nicely and quickly. Just like I had it running with three displays.

Let me clean up script and re assemble the lights and button functions and I will zip up an update. ( I will work on all of the previous released scripts before releasing , give me about four days.)

Also the X-52 pro is included and you will not need an fip attached.

You will also be able to run fip without x-52 pro.

See you all soon!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Algerad, looking very much forward to it! Sorry for having been away for a long time, now back to more active simming, and hoping to be able to put my 3 FIPs + Switch Panel + BIP + Multi-Panel to good use!... :-))))

Edited by SV_huMMer

=================

"Если вы боитесь высоты, значит, вы просто еще не пугались ее отсутствия"

"If you fear heights, you simply haven't yet feared the absence thereof"

=================

Core i7 2600K, ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3, 32GB DDR3 1600, Radeon HD 7950, 256Gb SSD Crucial M4, 2TB Samsung SATAIII, 1,5TB WD SATAIII, 650W Enermax Modu87+

Oh, Goody , another tester... I find myself trying to dress things up and make the gauges more ... oh what's that word.... "lively? more .. Ah I don't know , they could look more "something , especially now that I am at the point I am at . Need more time, by then I will be able to put my finger on the word I am looking for.

Hang tough.... work , play draw... getting there.

This is kinda like the "Something " I am thinking of ....get the values of the flags, all knobs and buttons are working properly.

Will go through the gauges one by one and add x52pro pages and functions.

One module at a time. But, on a good note, It will be easier now that I finally have things working the way I intended from the beginning. I still have a couple of ideas I want to add... Stay tuned , I will be on radio silence for a minute...

Ka50HSINEW.png.4a6f2a50256cd25183e3d4710382d124.png

Cool stuff! Take your time - you've got all of my patience! :-) And thank you once again for working on it!

Best,

SV_huMMer out.

=================

=================

Core i7 2600K, ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3, 32GB DDR3 1600, Radeon HD 7950, 256Gb SSD Crucial M4, 2TB Samsung SATAIII, 1,5TB WD SATAIII, 650W Enermax Modu87+

• 2 weeks later...

running low on time and patience

I managed to squeeze a little time on this and now I have to pause and focus attention elsewhere.

I provide this package as an example as to where this will lead.

Still a bit "twitchy" but allows the use of multiple fips and allows access to all of the gauges on each devices.

Functions(buttons and switches) for each cockpit device is now attached to the fips.

Some items still need to be corrected/adjusted/added.

Hsi- dta numbers don't add up correctly yet as well as ILS bars.

Gauges with functional buttons and switches have a menu describing the purpose of the buttons. On the hsi side of things, the lit button is the active mode, pressing the unlit button will activate that mode and light up the button.

my bad....sent the wrong saitekka50.lua file.... I have changed the zip to include the proper one.

There are still some random crashes at this time , first step is to look at your timing ( tnext in saitekka50.lua).

In the Ka50 saitek final.lua add print(l) to the end of the Saitekstart() function.

Start the script then start blackshark, as the sim runs it will show the data being received. Press pause and note how long data continues to flow.

Set the tnext timing to a value that when the sim is paused , the data stops immediately.

Aim for the lowest value possible, if you get frequent crashes when doing page changes or using knobs and buttons add more timing.

Unfortunately, things will look and then out of the blue it will complain about image pointers or not receiving data, even though all gauges were displayed at one time or another(not sure what that is about yet, still looking) but progress again has been made.

X52Pro portion had to be removed due to the fact that I can not cram all the values into one function as intended, which means a rewrite is in order. (yeah me). should not be that hard to do, If you have X52pro, and have been following along, you can use the previous examples and paste into the new Lua (Ka50 Saitek) and remove the Fip stuff. Use the tutorial from many moons ago. The key point was finding a way to get the values and sending button presses.

Insert the Ka 50 gauges folder to "C:\\program files\\saitek\\directoutput\\" as before.

Export(new values added since last time) and saitekka50 goes in "user\\saved games\\Dcs\\scripts"

KA50 Saitek final goes where ever you want to run the script from.

I will try to get back to this project as soon as possible.

Feel free to tinker and share, I consider this a community project and all input and advances are welcome.

:doh: sent the wrong file package... fixed the zip to include the proper scripts.

Ka50 guges.zip

Edited by algerad3
sent the wrong file saitekka50 changed out the zip file to reflect.

Well Now looky looky!!!!!!!!!!!

I swore to myself yesterday that I was going to drop this project and focus on other things that needed to be done.... Didn't happen....ooopsies.

So, bonked my head, saw stars, unicorns, purple horseshoes and then a bright light. An idea came to mind and I went with it.

After a year and a half of tinkering and toiling I can finally say.... It's stable and functional.

Also included is our old friend that got the party started "X52Pro".

That is right the X52pro is back in the fold in this new script.

I spent some time playing with the R800, reading the digital display, watching the landing gear lights as well as watching the gauges spin up and down.

I played with the Abris, adjusting the brightness, pushing the buttons and such.

The HSi had spinning dials and rotating parts that I could control. Push a button and adf was on, push another and adf was off. Select desired heading or desired track angle without playing with the mouse.

8 wonderful Fips and 1 X52pro playing in harmony in the DCS sandbox.

It was cool not having all those pesky crashes(computer, blackshark is another story)

So in short, it's working !! If you have an X52pro, it works. If you have FIps it works. If you have both your in luck.

I just crammed the old x52pro code in and did not adjust the math yet, again feel free to tinker.

Until I get more time to update the other scripts to the new pattern ... enjoy or use the old scripts and create scripts for the other modules out there.

I am so Happy(sniff ..Sniff) I might cry.

ps. review the recent above post for instructions. I only include the scripts here as the gauges have not changed.

"You are cleared for departure" :pilotfly:

Algerad

Directoutput KA50.lua

saitekka50.lua

algerad3, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

Waiting for the weekend to come! Will play with my 3 FIPs, don't have the X52Pro anymore.

Now, since I am dumb in scripting/programming etc, a (maybe) dumb question: will your technique work with other aircraft in DCS (of course, for compatible instruments)?

In other words, is it possible, say, to have airspeed indicator "exported" to FIP from P-51D?

P.S. For those of us uninitiated - what is R800??..

Edited by SV_huMMer

=================

=================

Would love to see this Working in a10c and f15 any chance for That ?

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti Strix OC

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

R800 the radio with 4 scroll wheels.(KA50 of course).

As for the p-51 I have that one to convert, give me a minute and I will send it out.

Also have some Huey Stuff and A-10. Some of the gauges on all of the released scripts need more "love", but I will send out in new script form and allow others to tinker and correct instead of waiting on me. Just need math work.

I will be out of touch soon for awhile and since everyone has been so patient I will try and get documentation out to guide people with x52 and fip setup and scripting ( A promise made many moons ago)now that things are working in a more understandable manner.

Edit: A10c as in the Dcs world module and not F3 ? if so I have and just uploaded gauges for it. Did I lie to you and tell you I did not have what you were asking about cuz I was thinking of a-10a ....shit ( just dawned on me A is F3 and C is world.)my bad. I did lie.

Edited by algerad3
I think I lied

I do not have those modules, but if they export data( I am sure they do) the soon to be released guide will point you in the right direction.

(Maybe borrow gauges from other modules and plug in the math.)

Give me a minute to complete guide.

requested gauges and a down and dirty how to guide.

Since I will be away for awhile soon, i wanted to get a down and dirty guide

out there. Should get people where they want to go whether they want to change the order of the pages or set up the x52 in the modules I have not done yet.

Also, I believe the Mil 8 uses some of the same gauges as the ka 50. someone should be able to get some gauges running with fresh script and some other gauges.

A few of the gauges are still wip ( i created them as a diversion from frustration, wanted to keep moving forward somehow) either the math needs work or they just look/act like crap. feel free to tinker or I will fix later (within months time (hopefully). While every one anxiously awaits the next module , I sit and cross my fingers hoping it takes a little longer ... please don't hate me , I just want to keep up.

I do not have P-51 installed at the moment, I am pretty sure I tested most of the gauges and had them dialed in (I might have faulty memory).

I have a couple of days worth of periodic check ins if any questions , after the I will be radio silence for around ten days.

Good luck and enjoy it will get better in time !!!!!

"You are cleared for departure" :pilotfly:

Algerad

Saitek Gauge Pack with guide.zip

algerd3, thank youfor your hard work and for the guide!

Will try to understand all the scripting stuff and get FIPs working.

In the meantime, a question: (mouth watered during the meal :-))) do you think other Saitek Pro Flight rage devices (Switch panel, BIP, Radio etc) would GENERALLY follow the same scripting logic? And it could eventually become possible to use them with DCS as well, with proper programming/scripting, of course?

=================

=================

From what I understand/have found the switch panel is the only item that has been "wired to work". Info here :

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=118988&highlight=saitek

These other devices use a different dll to get information, so a different animal altogether. The back-lit panel and the radio stack is out of my scope fpr now. ( I plan on poking around and seeing if it would be worthwhile to learn how to get working.)

The throttle quadrant and the Tpm module work right out of the box.

Thanks for pointing to this thread - didn't know Switch Panel was already "hacked". Will give it a try. If it works - I'll have a cool set up: Sw Panel with 3 FIPs on top :)

=================

=================

• 2 weeks later...

O.k back in the land of the living.

I am now in the process of trying to organizing the scripts so that I can provide updates with a cut and paste method or an easier way to implement changes.

I have created a couple new gauges Apu and Adi.

The Adi really needs more work.

I think the Apu came out pretty cool, like the Hsi you have a bit of control over buttons. Engine/apu select, and start, apu shut off .

I am also re arranging the pages so that they appear in order of start up monitoring then flight information in a more useful manner. Makes it easier for those with two or three Fips.

Still addressing X52pro mfds as well and finally working on a more detailed guide on how to program using the dll and will also include a section for button functions for the gauges that have already been created.

Is anyone having any issues with the script just released?

New methods

Alright here we go , I set up the Directoutput script with numbered sections.

I will do the same for the other modules.

The saitekka50 file ( export) is now sending all of the information that I think

are needed.

This means no more saitek ka50 scripts this one is the keeper.

Actually so is the other lua script.

With the sections numbered, I can just post changes and locations for the changes allowing for cut and paste ops.

So when I revisit the Ka50 gauges (some are still wip) all I have to do is post the changes. I will also make sure the gauges pictures will have the same names (file names) so all you would have to do is replace the original for the new ones.

This will allow me to practice my skills at art and share easily.

Also tell me if the gauge instruction book is helpful, not needed or what not.

I also started the tutorial series in making the saitek gear work with examples you can play with.

Ka50 update is the new gauge script layout with two new gauges (one a w.i.p, can you tell which one.).

Premade gauges and information is gauge page function outline.

Saitek dll Tutorial is the first tutorial in the new method.

Have fun,

I think P-51 then A-10 then Huey.

Ka50 update.zip

saitekdllTutorial.lua

• 2 weeks later...