#03 - DEV UPDATE & GAMEPLAY VIDEO 28/05

Cobra847

Hey Folks!

It's been a while since the last update. Even though we've been around and posting quite a bit, it might, in hindsight, be a good idea to consolidate info more frequently into a single thread as a dev update.

Progress over the past month has been excellent. We are getting closer to a finished product with every single passing day; and it's a fantastic feeling to see three years of work finally come together.

In the past few weeks the entire team has been crunching hard to meet various deadlines, primarily the very important Duxford public showcase. A herculean effort with 17-20 hours of work per day has been the norm for the past few weeks. Many elements which were awaiting integration (rather than creation) - like the new pilot, new damage modelling and a few other components have now been implemented into the Sim. Bar a few minor details, the aircraft is feature complete.

Once again, a massive thank you to the VEAO team for taking the time and effort to showcase the MiG-21 at Duxford. We consider ourselves very lucky to have the chance to work together with such kind and considerate individuals. If any of you spent some time with the MiG-21 at Dux; feel free to share your thoughts or impressions either here or in a separate thread. We'd love to hear them!

So what is left?

-- Bugfixing and Polishing

-- Normal and Specular maps for various external parts

-- Minor additions to the manual

-- Completion of Manual localization (2 languages close to complete!)

-- Copy editing of Missions and Eng Manual

-- Creation of various UI, Manual and Quickstart Guide images

-- Replacement of legacy Weapon Art (in advanced progress)

-- Multiplayer Compatability Testing

-- More Bugfixing

-- More Polishing

-- DVD Artwork, physical goodies, more

In a day or two; some of us will once again head into the relentless crunch, as we embark upon the final phase of this project. There is a light at the end of the tunnel; and we are as motivated as ever to reach it as fast as we possibly can.

In closing I'll leave you with a short, very simple, and very basic video (told you not to get hyped up yet! :D) of a dawn mission take-off.

Don't expect too much; it's intention is to just hold you over until the next two arrive, which are coming very soon.

Going on 24h again; so sincere apologies for my succinctness and garbled English.

As always: Thanks for sticking with us and looking forward to the MiG-21. We can't wait to see you all fly it; and we're working hard to make that a reality as soon as possible.

Cheers!

LS

AB1.thumb.jpg.d3982a711f7584aa70272a4a4dee4245.jpg

rear.thumb.jpg.bed3e89d2357a18faa70897a85ce73d6.jpg

Screen_140512_085400.thumb.jpg.c48afa5bdfe8b4e82b992d6309542b18.jpg

side.thumb.jpg.fd4f36e07a9482e0e94f8e1775766f1c.jpg

Verti.thumb.jpg.a1397110bb07a0d087bf2c0554054108.jpg

Edited by Cobra847
  • Like 1

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice! Can't wait and great work!

Is the video intended to be unlisted?

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

shaky take-off, im guessing pilots fault? You know a jet assisted take off(JATO) demo would be epic for next round.;)

DCSW wishlist : multi-crew :D

GTX480, i52400, 8GB, Samsung EVO 840 250G SSD, Raid 0 2TB =~45 FPS [Maxed]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello Nicholas ;)

In first a great great thanks for these news and of course for the video, what can I say now ?

This MIG-21 is a real MASTER PIECE :cheer3nc:

The cockpit is AWESOME.

3D model is INCREDIBLE and so BEAUTIFUL.

The sound AMAZING.

In fact all this video is GREAT, BEAUTIFUL and AWESOME.

I was sure that this module will be incredible but after to have watched this video I'm on my knees... :worthy:

Nicholas I would like to say that this MIG-21 is for me THE MOST beautiful module with the A-10C, when you watch this video you think watch one REAL MIG...

Today it's a new day in the flight simulator, a great day, I'm so excited :surprise:

Nicholas I would like to thank you for this present and for your incredible talent, a great work for all your team !!!

:beer::wub::beer::wub: CONGRATULATION drinks_cheers.gifwub.gifdrinks_cheers.gifwub.gif

Once again, a great great thanks for this news and congratulation for this awesome work :thumbup:

Gorgeous!

What's the beepy thing (technical term) on the top right panel? RWR/SPO?

Any chance one of those manuals is ready in English and ready for, say, downloading? :P

Edited by SkateZilla

Wow, just Wow. That video blew me away.....

the shot where the afterburner fired up looked too good to be true, the whole thing really is a work of art. It may not be a next gen plane but it looks like it will be the next gen sim.

Thank you for all of your hard work.

Now..

shut_up_and_take_my_money.jpg

"In victory you deserve champagne, in defeat you need it"

- Winston Churchill

3700X | X570 Aorus Elite | GTX 1070 | 32GB 3200 (3600)mhz Corsair | XFX 850W PSU | Lian Li Lan Cool 2 | Tir5 + TCP, VIVE Cosmos Elite | TMWH #08677 | Saitek Combat Pedals

Imagine flying in this scenario?

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Can't wait for that "WOW Factor" when you play the cold start training mission for the first time..... something I rarely get in a game or other simulators.

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Just love the sound in the video, sitting in school so I can't really play it as loud as I would like to with some bas, but still! Is the sound considered done ( real recordings?) or is there work left ?

Edited by JaNk0

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It seems Christmas is coming very early this year - no superlatives can express how we all feel about getting our hands on this little beauty.

I'm afraid my fist full of dollars might be a little damp and sweaty by the time you get them, I've been clutching them tightly in my clenched fist for a while now, and I just want them handed over as soon as possible before the ink runs!

Now, where is that Hawk too....