Missile Mod AIM-9X and others

USARStarkey

So I have seen some videos of people adding custom weapons to planes. A good example of this is one where the AIM-54 is added to the F-15.

I have noticed that the AIM-9X is one of the missiles that the airfields in game say that they have in stock. Does the missile actually exist in game but no planes can use it yet?

In short, how would i mod my game so that I could place any missile on a pylon of a F-15?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Weed Be gone Needed

Oh its there... only for AI but trust me its there... try going head to head with a couple of f-14`s 100miles out ;)

also if i remember correctly the F-111 carries the phoenix.. but cant recall to have seen it in dcs

TeeJay - the F-111B was developed to use the Aim-54 but that version of the F-111 never got past development testing and was later replaced with the F-14

Hey fellas, I think you misunderstood him.

[...]

I have noticed that the AIM-9X is one of the missiles that the airfields in game say that they have in stock. Does the missile [AIM-9X] actually exist in game but no planes can use it yet?

In short, how would i mod my game so that I could place any missile on a pylon of a F-15?

Anyway, can't answer the question, just wanted to speed things up a little. ;)

I don't have the sim in front of me, but you need to find the payload files for each plane. You won't have a payload file until you make a custom payload in the ME. In the payload file, you copy weapon ID's to whatever pylon you want.

For example, I have a AIM-120B/C,AIM-54,R-77,R-27ER/T,AIM-7M carrying F-15 for consistent missile testing purposes. I copied the AIM-54 ID from the F-14's payload and the Russian missiles from the MiG-29 payloads.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

It's pretty simple to find the IDs of usable weapons. Just create a new one, name it "Missile/Bomb/Rocket XY" and just add one respective ordnance. When using Notepad++ just search for the name of the loadout and only one ID will be shown. The Phoenix has

7575BA0B-7294-4844-857B-031A144B2595

Didn't find the 9-X though as it only saves the variables you can already chose in the editor.

€: now with correct ID

Here is the aim9x: 5CE2FF2A-645A-4197-B48D-8720AC69394F

I dont know why this is in game. It does not have a 3d model. Upon further testing it seem to not have either the range or full off bore-sight abilites, but IT IS off bore-sight and is fare more potent and then aim9m and I think the R-73. It is far from the full abilities of a real aim9x however.

You obviously dont have a JHMCS, so you have to get lock first before you try shoot at like 70deg or so.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Weed Be gone Needed

I got this to launch from the F-15C but they are not visible on the pylon...but they are visible once launched....the F15C stores refects unknown for these.

Is there any way to get them to be visible on the pylon....and in the stores screen MFD.

Edited by lennycutler

Velocity MicroI7-4790 Windows 7 Home Premium 16Gigs RAM EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1070 500GB SSD TM Hotas Warthog

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...
I got this to launch from the F-15C but they are not visible on the pylon...but they are visible once launched....the F15C stores refects unknown for these.

Is there any way to get them to be visible on the pylon....and in the stores screen MFD.

Hi Lennycutler,

I know this is an old post but I was wondering if you might be able to tell me if you did anything to get the missile to "launch"?

I'm asking because I created a mod for the F-5E-3 Tiger II to carry 4 Aim-9P5s and they show up on the pylons, in the load outs and visually are perfect. However, I am having trouble getting them to launch and I was hoping you might be able to add some insight.

Thanks,

I don't think that is possible with modules other than FC3, i wanted to add more 530D on the mirage, i was able to add 530 on all pylons but only too can he fired, the system seems to ben different than FC3

The mirage is an exception. It will work with other modules too like the A-10C for example.